Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 30, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,521 of 7,352
I got the 20's on Friday. I will post a little review shortly. However, odd thing happening with the left earpiece - It has a microphonic "crunchiness" (similar to Stax fart) to it, even when the cable is not attached. I thought it was my ear at first, but it does this in both ears (I turn it upside down in the right ear to fit properly). The right earpiece does not exhibit this behavior in either ear(dead silent). It's bad enough to make me want to return them or swap them out. Not sure if I should return to the vendor or try Audeze direct.

May 30, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,522 of 7,352
This is not possible. The Cipher cable only works with Lightning conenctors. The Laptops use USB or USB-C and there is no easy way to use them. You can swap out the cable and use the analog cable with the laptop
So, if the next iPhone uses USB-C there is a possibility? Are you planning to make a USB-C Cipher?

May 30, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,523 of 7,352
anyone know where to buy a replacement 3.5 or cypher cable? doesn't seem to be an option on audeze's website.

May 30, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,525 of 7,352
I think Apple might eventually go USB-C, but they're a company that tends to wait until they think it's the right time to make a change. We could be waiting a while for that to happen.
Agreed Apple likes to let the market mature before making wholesale changes. Plus, the Lightning connectot is proprietary to them and everyone must pay for the MFI certification in order for it to work with future Apple updates. So it's a money maker for them at the moment. If they were going to do it I'm sure they would make a Lightning to USB-C adapter for all of the older generation products to work.

May 30, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,526 of 7,352
anyone know where to buy a replacement 3.5 or cypher cable? doesn't seem to be an option on audeze's website.

Do you want to buy replacements ? All iSine headphones should be under warranty. Contact Audeze support (support@audeze) with your iSine serial number to get it replaced

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 30, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2,528 of 7,352
Some more EQ options
Since I see a number of Head-fiers using the EQ I posted and also saw some feedback on the EQ, I am happy to post two more variations that go easy near 4k. I would be happy to hear feed-back form you and we can even push the EQ to Cipher at a later point.

Here are two variants (V1, V2) and finally the original I had published earlier.

After understanding I needed to include High Shelfs too (which I at first did not do) I found the implications of the first high shelf for both variants too drastic.
So I have tried out a Peak EQ instead of the first --5.91 db which creates an overall similar curve but doesn't put a cloth on the high frequencies:
Frequency 1682
Gain -4.149
Q 0.516
Looking for feedback.

May 30, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #2,531 of 7,352
May 31, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #2,533 of 7,352
Quick few questions for iPhone/Cipher users out there:
  1. When you plug your Cipher cable in, does the iPhone simply say "Headphones" as the output device or does it recognise the Cipher as a DAC and display its name?
  2. When you pause your music (with the iPhone display off), leave it for 15 seconds. Can you resume the music or invoke Siri using the Cipher centre button?
Thanks

May 31, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #2,534 of 7,352
Quick few questions for iPhone/Cipher users out there:
  1. When you plug your Cipher cable in, does the iPhone simply say "Headphones" as the output device or does it recognise the Cipher as a DAC and display its name?
  2. When you pause your music (with the iPhone display off), leave it for 15 seconds. Can you resume the music or invoke Siri using the Cipher centre button?
Thanks

To answer your questions:

1.) Yes it only says Headphones
2.) Yes you can resume playback or invoke siri even after some standby time.

Regards

May 31, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,535 of 7,352
To answer your questions:

1.) Yes it only says Headphones
2.) Yes you can resume playback or invoke siri even after some standby time.

Regards

Thanks. On mine, once the music has been paused for 15 seconds it no longer responds to a wake-up press.
I also recall when I briefly tried a Dragonfly DAC, the name of the DAC showed as the output device, not just generic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back