Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 31, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #2,536 of 7,348
I got the 20's on Friday. I will post a little review shortly. However, odd thing happening with the left earpiece - It has a microphonic "crunchiness" (similar to Stax fart) to it, even when the cable is not attached. I thought it was my ear at first, but it does this in both ears (I turn it upside down in the right ear to fit properly). The right earpiece does not exhibit this behavior in either ear(dead silent). It's bad enough to make me want to return them or swap them out. Not sure if I should return to the vendor or try Audeze direct.

It this like a click sound moment after inserting? It happens to one of my earpiece, I would like to know too if this is a defect. @Audeze, can advice?

May 31, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #2,537 of 7,348
To anyone from Audeze. Conveniently My Shanling M5 DAP has a 10 band equalizer. Can you suggest an optimum EQ setting for the isine 10 using the regular cable?

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted previously.

Thanx, TWIN

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #2,538 of 7,348
It this like a click sound moment after inserting? It happens to one of my earpiece, I would like to know too if this is a defect. @Audeze, can advice?

I have been experiencing the same thing on my left earpiece. At first i thought it was ear wax or something, so i keep on cleaning my left ear but really don't have anything.

@Audeze is this a known issue with the left driver? It is abit annoying at times.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #2,539 of 7,348
Tried them yesterday: The Soundstage is ridiculous for in ear! As I wear glasses I'm not getting a proper seal on almost any over-ear headphone; Cuz of that the sound I'm getting lacks some bass. As with these the bass is present and sounds like from a full size headphone! Did I already mention, that these got a ridiculous soundstage? Really awesome product. Only thing I disliked a little is the heaviness of that cipher cable ( which besides of that is a really nice product)
Bought the 20s

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #2,540 of 7,348
I have been experiencing the same thing on my left earpiece. At first i thought it was ear wax or something, so i keep on cleaning my left ear but really don't have anything.

@Audeze is this a known issue with the left driver? It is abit annoying at times.

I guess it is the same like with the Stax SR 001 MK2. Stax actually requires that the SR001 are inserted in this way to make sure the bass can pe re-produced properly.

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,541 of 7,348
Tried them yesterday: The Soundstage is ridiculous for in ear! As I wear glasses I'm not getting a proper seal on almost any over-ear headphone; Cuz of that the sound I'm getting lacks some bass. As with these the bass is present and sounds like from a full size headphone! Did I already mention, that these got a ridiculous soundstage? Really awesome product. Only thing I disliked a little is the heaviness of that cipher cable ( which besides of that is a really nice product)
Bought the 20s
Welcome to the isine20 club doktorkarate.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,544 of 7,348
Is the 20 worth the extra money?

From reading much of this thread I can confidently say without a shadow of a doubt....... it depends on who you ask.

Some say they can't tell much of a difference, some say it's not worth more than maybe $50 upcharge other say the 20s are clearly better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went with the 10s and am very happy.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,545 of 7,348
Joy oh joy!
Was at my local dealer today with my i20's, which had a driver failure. They didn't have any more i20's in stock, but the great people there managed to get a new driver shipped today, I will get it on monday. In the meantime, I have bought some comply t600 comfort tips that I'm gonna try out. Also just ordered a custom cable from toxic audio, can't wait 'til it gets here!

I also listened to the Focal Elear for about an hour while I was there, and it just blew me away. For 1000$, by far the best I've heard. Elear and i20+cipher-eq was actually very close in tonality. Elear is a notch above in almost everything, but the way they present music is very similar, natural, punchy & dynamic. Point being: The iSine 20(with eq) is ****in awesome and can compete with full-size headphones almost double their price (I would pick them over LCD-2's any day). Another possibility is that my ears are malfunctioning and I'm crazy.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #2,546 of 7,348
I really wish the iSine's had an over ear cable design to help them stay in place and improve the comfort, or at least ear hooks that aren't hard plastic.

The earlocks are fairly comfortable but unless not that secure, unless I'm seated they will fall out eventually. The ear hooks get uncomfortable after a while.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #2,547 of 7,348
From reading much of this thread I can confidently say without a shadow of a doubt....... it depends on who you ask.

Some say they can't tell much of a difference, some say it's not worth more than maybe $50 upcharge other say the 20s are clearly better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went with the 10s and am very happy.
Thanks. I'll try to audition both.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,549 of 7,348
Joy oh joy!
Was at my local dealer today with my i20's, which had a driver failure. They didn't have any more i20's in stock, but the great people there managed to get a new driver shipped today, I will get it on monday. In the meantime, I have bought some comply t600 comfort tips that I'm gonna try out. Also just ordered a custom cable from toxic audio, can't wait 'til it gets here!

I also listened to the Focal Elear for about an hour while I was there, and it just blew me away. For 1000$, by far the best I've heard. Elear and i20+cipher-eq was actually very close in tonality. Elear is a notch above in almost everything, but the way they present music is very similar, natural, punchy & dynamic. Point being: The iSine 20(with eq) is ****in awesome and can compete with full-size headphones almost double their price (I would pick them over LCD-2's any day). Another possibility is that my ears are malfunctioning and I'm crazy.

Excited to hear your impressions on the comfort series. For fit, best I've heard is that once you get the tips fully inserted in your ear canal, you tighten on the EarLoops so that they hold the nozzle kind of against the outer edge of where they're making contact. It really takes away any vacuum that might form and presents an incredibly even sound without any need for EQ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back