Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 27, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,476 of 7,352
I am indeed curious if it is faulty or not. Sony many people praise it. The Z reviews also praised it. Yet, when I first listen to it, it was a disappointment.

Sadly don't have apple product to test cipher. Which eq work best tho?
Post #1250, page 84. "Official" cipher eq (posted by an Audeze spokesperson)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #2,478 of 7,352
Thanks. Will try when I have the chance to visit again. Tho if this isine can only be sounded good with eq. Probably won't be getting it.

If an other listen doesn't improve you opinion, maybe it's just not a sound signature for you. I have a pair of Grados, and I'm not a fan of the "Grado sound".

Speed some time with it, sometimes you have to adjust to the new sound. After that, if you don't like it move on.

May 28, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #2,479 of 7,352
I compared to some headphone such as ATH m30x, and their demo grado sr60e. iSine just sound, much inferior during the test.

I think it simply means that the iSine sound signature is not for you. I bought mine based on they being different from my other iems. Initial in depth listen, I thought the iSine sounded crap, much like when I first listen to say a Beyer T5p. But after a while, I came to accept that this is just how these are supposed to sound, either I like it or I don't, not necessarily better or worse. I think iSine are great for some pieces and not so hot for others, e.g. the honking mids that was mentioned, would means that I wouldn't use them for piano pieces, visa versa for others.

May 28, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #2,481 of 7,352
I am writing this for the benefit of all those who are struggling to find a comfortable fit for the isine20 (applicable to isine10 also) . Also I have come across some user comments that they had decided to return this product due to fit-issues. Kindly bear in mind that the steps listed is purely subjective, although I do feel that should be helpful for all.
The isine20 is unique not only in terms of its sound, but also in terms of its design. With respect to its design, although it's usually categorised as in-ear, its actually something in between on-ear and in-ear. The essential point to note is that its tip should not be forced into the ear canal like a normal iem, if done that can cause discomfort.
After lot if experimentation, i got the perfect fit for the isine20 with the supplied groovy medium ear tip and the black ear-hooks. (The shure fire ear locks were creating more pressure on the ears through the downward force by the earphones) The is how the optimal fit can be achieved for the left ear (same can be tried for right ear with corresponding changes) :
To wear, connect to player and switch on the song, place headphone to get the optimal sound with right hand (do not force in the ear plug into the ear canal, it should just rest on the ear canal) , then pull the tip end of the earhook with left hand to behind the ear (rotate ear hook as required) and release it when the earphone stays stable. This will help get the optimal sound with proper fit and comfort.

May 28, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #2,482 of 7,352
Having listened to the iSINE10 for a few days now, I feel I have a better impression of its ability. I struggled to ever get a good fit with the 846, and to my great surprise got a perfect fit with the i10 first time. As already stated, these sit on the ear canal, not in it.Dare I say, prefer these to the 846, and my W60, mainly because, for me, with the i10, I feel as if I am at the concert, with a large soundstage, rather than a more enclosed stage.Have used both cables, with HA1,HiFiM8, iDAC, all with excellent results. I have also compared to the HD800, and HEK, Are they better than these two?. For me, no, but they are not far off, so excellent value for the price.

May 28, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #2,486 of 7,352
Can anyone compare these to the on ear Sines?

Soundstage, soundstage, soundstage.
Also, the iSine 20s are like a more fun version of the on-ear Sines. Their bass hits harder and deeper. The Sines are cleaner from the middle upwards, though I will say that the 20s' mids and treble has been noticeably improved by the new groovy tips (which I posted about a few pages back so I shan't repeat myself).
The treble of the 10s are a bit too hard and rough to be viable competition imo but I've seen folks who like 'em better - will leave that part of the comparison to them.

May 28, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,487 of 7,352
I actually started listening to this straight without eq. I haven't tried eq version as of now. I am comparing to both Sony XBA A3 and ATH M30X. The iSine10 just sound super peaking/honky with out of control reverb making the separation to be bad.

Tried with several tips. Don't seems to change my impression. I think it sealed nicely without feeling it coming off.

Which tips did you try? I tried all manner of them on the 20 and those 'honky' mids annoyed me no end until I received the groovy tips - did you try those?

May 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #2,488 of 7,352
Everybody has different tastes. I personally can't fathom a comparison of that 4 driver KZ to the isine. They aren't even on the same plane. Yes I have the KZ zs5.

They aren't bad. But they aren't exceptional either.

JMHO

TWIN

May 28, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #2,490 of 7,352
Acia, if you prefer the sound of a dynamic, b/a or both, pony up $400 and get the AKG N40. It is nothing short of spectacular.

Well it's pretty damn good anyways......

TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back