Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 27, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #2,462 of 7,352
I do hear what you're saying. If you switch from the isine to the he6 or he1000, the mids sound more even and less compressed. The same quality has been discussed about the LCD-2, compressed or honkyish mids and an analog smoky sound. It's a quality of audezes house sound.

It's hard to describe, and not even a bad thing. Just like hifiman cans have a tizzy quality to the treble, a house sound and trait I hear in hifiman cans. Westone has too much midbass and a really distinct midrange quality that I love, shure has a dry mid focused sound, etc.

I'm over generalizing, but in short it's there and it's an audeze thing. And I like what it does to my music :wink:

May 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #2,463 of 7,352
Right, EarLocks™ are ideal for an active lifestyle like jogging or cycling. They lock into parts of the outer ear and provide a near perfect fit that keeps the iSINE headphones securely in place. The durable polymer is comfortable against the skin and maintains its shape for long-term use. They’re supplied with silicon and Comply foam tips. Ear Hooks are larger and in a more traditional style locates the iSINE Series headphones with a hook around the outside of your ear.
Just started to read thewhole thread from the start. Found this on page 17. Somebody knows why they have given up the plan to provide Comply Foam?
If it is about the sound signature the Cypher App EQ could be used to overcome this. I kind of Comply EQ? Or is the solution to my question somewhere on the the next 100 pages?

May 27, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,464 of 7,352
i've never heard headphones that sound so different with eq/no eq, not even the regular sine headphones. i think the differing impressions that people have comes from hearing these non-eq'ed with the regular cable.
I think you're right. I also hear the reverb-effect thing MrExistor is talking about when not eq'd, but only when switching directly from eq to non-eq. If i start my listening session without eq, they sound completely fine to me (smoother than eq'd, but less airy and detailed). I feel like MrExistor's impressions are the same as mine when comparing non-eq to eq'd, only waay more extreme. Maybe he got a really bad fit with the tips he used, or as you said, a faulty set.

May 27, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #2,465 of 7,352
Thanks a lot for sharing this. Please contact Audeze and let them know.
So far they are telling me they have never heard about this problem.
Please email support@audeze.com
Please!

Are you hearing the tone while the Audeze App is also open? Does it go away when you close the App? Is the tone similar to what you hear when you press the center button?

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #2,467 of 7,352
I can hear it also, but it is very faint and only sometimes.

Seemed to happen yesterday after watching a YouTube clip... after switching back to the music app I could hear it.... but after pausing the music again the noise was gone.

(iSine 20 with Cipher and iPhone 7 plus)

May 27, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #2,468 of 7,352
Is it just me or the iSine 10. I have been reading this thread and they seems to hype up so much and being compared to cans like HD 700. Today I had a chance to audition the iSine 10 analog driven from FiiO X5III. The sound of the mids is super honky that it is ear piercing. Same things goes to the highs. The bass is very weak as well. While the sound stage definitely is good, the separation dont cut it as it has heavy reverb effect and the honky sound also contribute to the killing of separation. I really can't see why people said this is the potential end game of iem. I even liked my Sony XBA A3 more than the iSine10..

I just got my iSone 10s. Started listening wasn't all that impressed. Started switching trying the different tips and watched the video in how to install the eat clips (had it in the wrong position originally). After getting the hooks right, settling on the large tips and giving my ears/brain some time to adjust through the process... I now think they sound GREAT. Add a my own variation of some of the EQ suggestions given by others and they sound even better ( I like a little extra bass :wink: ).

I think it was a combination of getting the proper fit and brain adjustment/brain burn-in). I used to own the Shure SE846 and the JH Audio Roxanne's and though it's been about four to six month since I've heard them, I'm pretty sure I like these better. They just just don't sound like IEMs. They really are closer to listening to over ears.

May 27, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,469 of 7,352
i've never heard headphones that sound so different with eq/no eq, not even the regular sine headphones. i think the differing impressions that people have comes from hearing these non-eq'ed with the regular cable.
Sounds like it won't sound good so long you don't have eq. So if the case my other source from phone for example, the music player don't have eq features, the sound will be bad?

May 27, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,470 of 7,352
I think you're right. I also hear the reverb-effect thing MrExistor is talking about when not eq'd, but only when switching directly from eq to non-eq. If i start my listening session without eq, they sound completely fine to me (smoother than eq'd, but less airy and detailed). I feel like MrExistor's impressions are the same as mine when comparing non-eq to eq'd, only waay more extreme. Maybe he got a really bad fit with the tips he used, or as you said, a faulty set.
I actually started listening to this straight without eq. I haven't tried eq version as of now. I am comparing to both Sony XBA A3 and ATH M30X. The iSine10 just sound super peaking/honky with out of control reverb making the separation to be bad.

Tried with several tips. Don't seems to change my impression. I think it sealed nicely without feeling it coming off.

May 27, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #2,472 of 7,352
Sounds like it won't sound good so long you don't have eq. So if the case my other source from phone for example, the music player don't have eq features, the sound will be bad?

I think it sound fine without EQ, but most headphone will sound a little better EQ'd to your personal taste.

Hi i have the opportunity to get a used isine 20 for $500 but i can also get a brand new isine 10 for $380 so i was wondering which offer should i take?

Oh man, some many different opinions in this thread. Just pick one and don't look back.

May 27, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #2,474 of 7,352
I actually started listening to this straight without eq. I haven't tried eq version as of now. I am comparing to both Sony XBA A3 and ATH M30X. The iSine10 just sound super peaking/honky with out of control reverb making the separation to be bad.

Tried with several tips. Don't seems to change my impression. I think it sealed nicely without feeling it coming off.
I'd like to hear your impressions with cipher cable (or similar eq). If that doesn't solve it, then I think the pair could be faulty... Because most people think they sound great, even compare them to headphones in the LCD-2 range.

May 27, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2,475 of 7,352
I'd like to hear your impressions with cipher cable (or similar eq). If that doesn't solve it, then I think the pair could be faulty... Because most people think they sound great, even compare them to headphones in the LCD-2 range.
I am indeed curious if it is faulty or not. Sony many people praise it. The Z reviews also praised it. Yet, when I first listen to it, it was a disappointment.

Sadly don't have apple product to test cipher. Which eq work best tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back