Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Feb 10, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #721 of 1,076
I AGREE THAT OVERALL THAT THE SHURE SE-530s ARE THE BEST IEMs.AT THE DEPT STORE MACYS THE OTHER DAY I WAS USING MY ES-530s WITH THE IPHONE /IPOD AND I HAD A SMILE ON MY FACE THE WHOLE TIME I WAS SHOPPING. IT PUTS YOU IN A GREAT MOOD.!!!!! SQ IS AMAZING.!!!!

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #722 of 1,076
Hi all.

1st post an' all, new user to headphones, etc...

To keep it quick and simple, looking to purcahse my first pair of 'phones and am looking for the following qualities:

Price range £80-120
Comfortable,
Not too large,
Fit for travel (walking, running, public transport),
Good kicky/thumpy bass (but not over-the-top) and crisp sound quality,
Not too much sound leakage.

I've been doing a bit of browsing and did like the sound of the Grado SR80's, but realise that sound leakage is a big problem with them...

AKG's do take my fancy also, but am a bit worried they may be a bit too big for my liking...

All recommendations are welcome! =)

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #723 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitteh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all.

1st post an' all, new user to headphones, etc...

To keep it quick and simple, looking to purcahse my first pair of 'phones and am looking for the following qualities:

Price range £80-120
Comfortable,
Not too large,
Fit for travel (walking, running, public transport),
Good kicky/thumpy bass (but not over-the-top) and crisp sound quality,
Not too much sound leakage.

I've been doing a bit of browsing and did like the sound of the Grado SR80's, but realise that sound leakage is a big problem with them...

AKG's do take my fancy also, but am a bit worried they may be a bit too big for my liking...

All recommendations are welcome! =)

I think the Grado's fit your needs...
confused_face_2.gif

And whats wrong with Leakage?

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #724 of 1,076
Hello Cswann1, You tested all those Headphones and you chose the AKG k701s .!! i guess to each is own. from what i heard when tested the k701s a DULLNESS /NO FULL TIGHT BASS AND WHEN ADDED POWER /VOLUME DISTORTION SET IN.AND SOUNG LEAKAGE WAS A PROBLEM AT NIGHT.Thank you for your input.and i also have a FEVER AND I HAVE THAT COWBELL BANGIN.!!!MORE POWER TO YA.

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #725 of 1,076
Audioi,

The problem with the leakage was the fact that I read that the Grado's are a downfall for this as if you're travelling on public transport, could be a disruption to others travelling, or if in a library, etc...

I tend to listen to music quite loud, so figured this may be a problem for me...

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #726 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitteh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audioi,

The problem with the leakage was the fact that I read that the Grado's are a downfall for this as if you're travelling on public transport, could be a disruption to others travelling, or if in a library, etc...

I tend to listen to music quite loud, so figured this may be a problem for me...

Yes that can be a issue plus you hear too much outside noise that it interrupts what your listening to.
On PT a good Noise Canceling phone would be the nuts.

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #727 of 1,076
i went ahead and purchased my 1st grados.. thanks to this forum!!!! im loving em and tooling and modding is becoming a sick and obsessive hobby!!

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #728 of 1,076
Okay, another newbie here.

I just wanna see if anyone have any comments on what I am planning to do. I listen mainly to pop, rnb, remixes and maybe a little trance, but mostly chinese/japanese/korean pop i guess. No metal, hard rock etc.

I am planning to get a Phonak Audeo to use with my portable mp3 player (phone) to listen to music on the go. Then I am thinking about getting a HD 555 (not 595, i can get two 555 if i buy one 595) for use with my laptop, which has no dedicated sound card or anything. Will mainly use it for watching movies, but probably a little music too. Gaming unlikely but probable.

What do you guys think?

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #729 of 1,076
Feb 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #730 of 1,076
To each his own when comes to headphones. I'm not a true blue audiophile and I only trust my ears when I purchased a K702. Just waiting for its arrival.

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #731 of 1,076
Hello Jerryneyk: Very well said.!! I think you hit the nail on the head.Basically -To each his own.!!And dont buy on a review /Threads/Posts but check out and listen to it first for yourself other wise you will be sorry and frustrated. Thanks Agin and Enjoy your New Cans.

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #732 of 1,076
seems to be a number of noobs in here.....
welcome me aswell !!!!
im also looking for new earphones/headphones, but my price range is about £20 to £50 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back