Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Feb 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #736 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazinguerbeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depend , if you want a iems you have cx 300, if not you have px100 , both of then sennheiser

Hi there,
I actually have the CX300. they are ok but I they dont last long at all, mines starting to split.

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #737 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazinguerbeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depend , if you want a iems you have cx 300, if not you have px100 , both of then sennheiser

I have both. The px100 is WAY better than the cx300. You can't beat open phones in that price range.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #738 of 1,076
hey guys can you recommend something in the under 150$ price range. SO far I'm debating between the grado sr60 grado sr80, Denon AH-D1001K, Audio-Technica ATH-M50. Sound isolation is not really an issue for. Just best sound quality. I am not set on anything on my list so if you guys can recommend me something I haven't thought of that's OK too.

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #739 of 1,076
Hi Folks !

I need some advise for my new portable rig. I try to find a nice headphone for my mp3 player. I walk a lot and I use my bicycle every day.

MAYBE:
-AKG K450 (or K480 NC)
-Beyerdynamic DT-235 (little bulky, but still on OK range for me, the WHITE type looks freaky-NASA-stylish)
-iGrado (I can MOD them even better)
-Yuin G1

NOT:
-Grado Sr-60 – too bulky for me on the streets

NEVER AGAIN:
-In-ear. I have Ety ER-4S – and HATE them ! grr
I hear every of my steps, walking on the street ! Extreamly annoying !

OR ANYTHING ELSE:
???

darthsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #740 of 1,076
I love my HFI-780 I think there the best under $500 MSRP.

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #741 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my HFI-780 I think there the best under $500 MSRP.

What other headphones have you listened to? Your signature doesn't list anything but these and AD700s; why the MSRP and not the net cost of the headphones?

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #742 of 1,076
May I remind you all about this thread topic.
wink_face.gif

Its not about those random $50-100 'phones, or those mediocre earbuds. Its all about those state-of-the-art 'phones, which give you sound quality way above the average 'phones out there. Think Stax SR-007, Sennheiser HE90, Sony MDR-R10, AKG K1000, Grado PS1, ...

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #743 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What other headphones have you listened to? Your signature doesn't list anything but these and AD700s; why the MSRP and not the net cost of the headphones?

Um this thread is for what "YOU" think the best is so I stated what my opinion was if your saying that I cant do that your basically saying that if you haven't listened to all headphones under $500 MSRP you should not post. These sound amazing without a amp I would not have posted if I did not think they had amazing sound. Also stop stalking me and commenting on all my posts.

Also why are you commenting on me instead of on this absurd post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss ksc-35 earphones sound like full size cans with deep bass and great mid range and very nice highs all for 35.00 or less. They are very small and can be used on most portable devices but sound great with a portable amp. They are very confitable and are one of the great phones for portable use. They sound like they should cost much more than they do cost and are much bigger they they really are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I remind you all about this thread topic.
wink_face.gif

Its not about those random $50-100 'phones, or those mediocre earbuds. Its all about those state-of-the-art 'phones, which give you sound quality way above the average 'phones out there. Think Stax SR-007, Sennheiser HE90, Sony MDR-R10, AKG K1000, Grado PS1, ...

Sorry but who are you talking to? This thread is for under $500 MSRP after 23,201 posts I think for sure you would know that. And the Ultrasone HFI-780 are not $50 to $100 head phones they are MSRP $280. If your planning on reminding people to get the thread back on track make sure you actually know what the OP said. (Sorry but the person above me pisses me off everyday so please excuse my rage.)

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #744 of 1,076
Quote:

Sorry but who are you talking to? This thread is for under $500 MSRP after 23,201 posts I think for sure you would know that. And the Ultrasone HFI-780 are not $50 to $100 head phones they are MSRP $280. If your planning on reminding people to get the thread back on track make sure you actually know what the OP said. (Sorry but the person above me pisses me off everyday so please excuse my rage.)

Ok, point taken!
But then the thread topic probably should state that its limited to sub $500 'phones.

Still the PX100, CX300, SR60, RP-21, ... can hardly be seen as the "best" headphone on the market below (sub $500).
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #745 of 1,076
Quote:

Um this thread is for what "YOU" think the best is so I stated what my opinion was if your saying that I cant do that your basically saying that if you haven't listened to all headphones under $500 MSRP you should not post.

I'm sorry you got so offended and defensive simply because I asked what you've listened to, perhaps you don't have everything listed in your signature? This is the case for most people it seems. It's pretty difficult to declare if something is "good" or not when there's no reference point. Bolded section: Please don't put words in my mouth, this isn't about being right or wrong about anything, I asked a question and all I got was this lousy t-sh... err extremely hostile response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird Gow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so stop stalking me and commenting on all my posts.

If I can't ask questions, and you think I'm stalking you well... let's not talk about all the "What should I get???" threads I've seen from you in the full size amps forum...

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #750 of 1,076
only thing i can possibly think of is Alessandro MS-1 and that still does not have the amount of bass you want you need to get some more money imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back