Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Jan 25, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #707 of 1,076
my vote for In-ears goes to Westone 3 with UM56 custom tips

for Full-size dynamic my viote goes to the Markl modded denon MD2000

i think they are the best dynamic Headphones I have ever heard. I havent heard the R10, and not a fan of the ultrasone sound. I have read here and on marks site that the R10 is handily beaten by LA2000 marks, but of course marks opinion could be bias hehe

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #708 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my vote for In-ears goes to Westone 3 with UM56 custom tips

for Full-size dynamic my viote goes to the Markl modded denon MD2000

i think they are the best dynamic Headphones I have ever heard. I havent heard the R10, and not a fan of the ultrasone sound. I have read here and on marks site that the R10 is handily beaten by LA2000 marks, but of course marks opinion could be bias hehe

BS.. Different housing, driver, etc.. Unless it just takes a good cable and some of his mods, to turn any 2000 into a bonofied 'R10' killer. Sounds like snake oil, along with people who want to 'better' the R10 for just a fraction of the cost.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #709 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BS.. Different housing, driver, etc.. Unless it just takes a good cable and some of his mods, to turn any 2000 into a bonofied 'R10' killer. Sounds like snake oil, along with people who want to 'better' the R10 for just a fraction of the cost.

How is that BS (Bull $hit)?
He explicitly told that they are the best dynamic Headphones he have heard, and that he havent heard the R10. Hence its his opinion...

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #710 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is that BS (Bull $hit)?
He explicitly told that they are the best dynamic Headphones he have heard, and that he havent heard the R10. Hence its his opinion...

He makes it sound like a fact. Read his website. No one else agrees with him. Sounds like hes just pushing a product. I question if he even sold his R10s. Of course this is MO. Oh, yeah, It's my opinion that I can beat Mike Tyson, so you should take it seriously.

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #713 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, the MarkL modded MD2000 does not handily beat the R10's in overall sound quality IMO. They may have more quantity of bass, but certainly not quality. Compared them side by side, personally. But then, if you factor cost vs. performance ratio...

And BTW, wow, this thread is well on it's way to One Million views!

austin_powers_mike_myers_as_dr_evil.jpg

=Ed

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #714 of 1,076
recommendation for best phones: the ones you don't have to buy - i.e. the best you currently own. let's face it, you wouldn't be browsing head-fi if you didn't own a pair at least (more likely a few pair). so in the spirit of the times, how about a moratorium on recommending more headphones to everyone? buy another pair only if you have nothing you can use.

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #717 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
recommendation for best phones: the ones you don't have to buy - i.e. the best you currently own. let's face it, you wouldn't be browsing head-fi if you didn't own a pair at least (more likely a few pair). so in the spirit of the times, how about a moratorium on recommending more headphones to everyone? buy another pair only if you have nothing you can use.

*Looks at Headphone Collection*

Mmmm. Nope. Going to have to buy another one.

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #718 of 1,076
I recently was in the same room with: Grado SR60, SR80, SR225, Sennheiser HD580, HD600, HD650, AKG K701, Denon AH-D2000 and many more.

I listened to all the above mentioned. To anyone looking for a sub $500 set-o-cans, my vote goes to the AKG K701.

I know, I'm a noob: but so what, I like what I like.
L3000.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #719 of 1,076
Hello, i've been reading many posts and trying to figure what would suit me best but i just ended up more confused..

I was hoping i could get some help choosing a pair of headphones, I normally listen to rock but having good base would be good. I'm looking for a closed pair that I can play at least at medium volume and not have the people around my office jump and tell me to shut it down, I guess i'm looking for something that doesn't require an amp. My budget max is 300.. but i'm hoping i could get something for less..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back