Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Oct 24, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #526 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by carthikv12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I've zeroed in on the following 2 sets for my budget and accessibility (in India)

1. Sony MDR XD200 - 40mmm drivers
2. Sennheisser eH 150 - 30mm drivers

They can hardly be among the "Best headphones on the market (new and old)". See topic!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I suggest you find a better suited thread, or create one yourself.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #527 of 1,076
Hmm snobby reply sir!?

I reckon 'the best' is all down to the budget you have and what you can afford.

On this can anybody recomend the Audio Technica ATH-A900? I have heard mixed reports, use bigger cans with main amp RS1's HD650's but the new GS Voyager has me listening on the move more an more over poor quality IPod output I used to get.

other closed back 'portable' options anyone?

Boris

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #528 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm snobby reply sir!?

I reckon 'the best' is all down to the budget you have and what you can afford.

Well, most of us think about sound quality when the "best" word comes up.
I fail to see that the $20 Sony MDR XD200 are among the best sounding headphones on the marked. On par with the SR-007, HE90, MDR-R10, etc.

If the OP have a different meaning with "best", then I back out...
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #531 of 1,076
I used to youtube-surf for my music, but I've decided to buy most of the music off of amazon, and want a decent pair of headphones to go with them. I'm by no means an audiophile, but I am a cellist, and know how to appreciate good sound.

Examples of what I listen to (top couple songs on playlist)

Andrea Bocelli - Con te partire(time to say goodbye) -
Colbie Caillat - "Bubbly"
Norah Jones - "what am I to you"
Hinder - "lips of an angel"
Yo-yo ma - Ennio Morricone(cockeye's song from once upon a in america)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow(Hey-oh)

So a bit of everything, but I don't find the need to turn up the volume and bass for the crazy screamo, european techno whatnots..

Clean cut sound and decent soundstage for around the $60 range, willing to go up to maybe $130 or so.
And comfort is a must.. I'm willing to sacrifice a little sound for comfort...
I'm used to using ipod earbuds & $20 logitech speakers, so I think anything would be an improvement.

What do yu think about the K 81's?
Or how about the A(D)700's from audio-technica.. (if I can get over how stupid i'll look wearing that)

Dec 10, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #533 of 1,076
I have to second what BDA ABAT said earlier on this thread.

Etomotic ER4 P/S

I travel extensively. For air travel these are just perfect. I have to admit being interested in the Shure model with the built-in mike. Overall I've been using these for around 3 years and have absolutely no complaints.

Senn HD600

I plug them directly into my laptop's (that's right, no DAC external amp) and I'm quite happy with the sound. Very comfortable for me to wear for extended hours. The sound is just fine.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #534 of 1,076
I am searching for the perfect pair of on-ear or around ear headphones for portable use almost exclusively with ipod and laptop (I live in France so catch a lot of trains). I have read many of the excellent reviews on this site and others but despite the words of warning and the other excellent products pushed I still lean towards the Bose on-ears (or 'supra's' as they're called in this part of the world). My reasons are that they reduce to a fairly small size and come with a more-handy-than-the-average-pouch case, have a short (.4m) lead (for use primarilly with ipods I can't justify buying anything with a long un-detachable cord that i would need to wrap around my neck several times!) and, despite the warnings about bose's relative lack of cost efficiency compared to other products on the market, noone really seems to bag the actual sound of the on-ears that much. So is it true? Is the sound comparable to other products of similar ilk on the market beause the 'surrounding' feautures of the on-ears fit my bill than any other product that I know of. Please shout me down, show me to the way of the light..

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #536 of 1,076
What do people think of the vmoda bass freq...how to they compare to other earphones of the same price range?

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #537 of 1,076
hello. im looking for headphones for my home audio system. it is 5.1. i love the way my movies sounbd with 5.1 but it gets too loud for my neihboors. id like to find a pair of headphones that will deliver for my movies and gaming needs. 150$ limit. thank you

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #538 of 1,076
Mush, stay away from V-Moda. They don't make such good headphones, and the quality control is bounds below what it should be.

ag8796, I recommend either the Sennheiser HD-555 or HD-595, $100 and $180 respectively. Of course, I own the HD-555 which is what is biasing me to make this recommendation. While you may be happier with something else, I assure you that you will be satisfied with either of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back