Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Mar 25, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #226 of 1,076
Hey,
I just posted some stuff here to get some opinions from people who have far more experience than I do on headphones. Like I said I really like the Denon AH-D550. What's the opinion here?

Mar 26, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #227 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884
Hey,
I just posted some stuff here to get some opinions from people who have far more experience than I do on headphones. Like I said I really like the Denon AH-D550. What's the opinion here?

There are a lot of reviews of the Denon Headphones on this site. Just do a search. I'm a fan of the 950's, having the chance only once to listen to them, but it was a fleeting moment and the moment was gone. The 950's are no where to be found now since they were discontinued back in 2003. I should have picked them up then when the cost was at its' lowest at $128 if I remember correctly.

I'm kicking myself on never having the chance to compare them to my 5 other phones listed below.
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #228 of 1,076
I am looking for some headphones that:
1) have great sound quality
2) are good for computers(desktop), mp3 players and the PSP
3) won't trap heat, but leather cushion are still cool
4) cost less than $100 usd.
5) if possible, collapsible would be cool.

I saw the Sennheiser HD280's at Amazon for 90 dollars, would those be good?
Or i am willing to purchase the SR60's or SR80's from the Grado line, which would be better, 280 or SR60 or SR80? I do not intend on using an amp.

thanks again

smash

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #229 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Hiya...

Inspired by a thread by Carlo, I'm going to try this as a trial, and see how things go... If you haven't already seen that thread, basically we're going to try and get an FAQ going ~ to which end, we need your opinions (good and bad ~ but no flame wars) for any popular headphones that are available for less than $500 (standard MSRP... Discounted products aren't really applicable)

The replies need to be as short, and concise as possible, because they're (hopefully ~ if this takes off) going to be used as quotes within a new sticky (locked) thread...

Lets see if this works
smily_headphones1.gif

In my personal opinion I would say the Audio Technica ATH W100, good value and AMAZING sound, but really hard 2 find

May 10, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #231 of 1,076
Can you help me buying the cheapest headphone for classical music and jazz?
I know there are two problems:
1. Ususally this is the music for high-end equipement.
2. I just have a IBM Thinkpad T40 and have no money at the moment for external soundcard or amplifier.

Now listening Sennheiser HD 515 but it is not mine (anyway the sound is not so bad).

Thanks

May 11, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #233 of 1,076
I do have a pair of Grado RS1 headphones and they are about 3 weeks old that I need to sell and with the money I will buy an Amp for my system. Does anybody please can recomend or advise what amp will be the best to go with? Thanks guys and please reply.

May 11, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #234 of 1,076
I forget to tell you that the Grado RS1 headphones I'm selling is for $675.00 an are almost brand new! Pristine conditions!! Been used less than 20 hrs!were ship to me on 04/25/05 and delivered on 04/27/05 by FedEx Orig.box/items you can write to wr4ccsn@mac.com will send pictures or proof!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #235 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by wr4ccsn
I forget to tell you that the Grado RS1 headphones I'm selling is for $675.00 an are almost brand new! Pristine conditions!! Been used less than 20 hrs!were ship to me on 04/25/05 and delivered on 04/27/05 by FedEx Orig.box/items you can write to wr4ccsn@mac.com will send pictures or proof!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dude, this is not the "for sale" section.

May 15, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #236 of 1,076
I dont know if anyone has ever heard of these, but I bought these for testing. I am not an audiophile or anything like that, but I really like my MB Quart QP400's.

If anyone else has tried any of the MB Quart family, please give me their opinion, just so i can see that I'm not completely dumb by my hearing.

May 16, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #237 of 1,076
Best headphones overall:
Sennheiser HD600/HD650/HD595

Best closed headphones:
BeyerDynamic DT-250/250

Best portable headphones:
Sony MDR-7506

Best Earbuds:
Sony MDR-E888

Most overrated phones (IMHO):
BeyerDynamic DT880

Next phones on my wish list:
AKG K240DF (may edit this post when I get those)

May 16, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #238 of 1,076
I'm looking for a pair of wireless headphones that don't require AC power to the transmitter. Does such a beast exist? I bought a pair Sennheiser RS140(which I can't use now) without fully understanding how those headphones worked. I bike a lot and I'm trying to get off of wired headphones as I've snagged a couple of wires while riding. =/

May 16, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #239 of 1,076
Most wireless headphone transmitters run on ~12 V dc, so you can find a battery that will put out sufficient voltage and current to run them. A car battery is a little low on the voltage side, but has tons of current! You can also hook some "D" cells in parallel that should work too.

May 16, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #240 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAKGGuy
Most wireless headphone transmitters run on ~12 V dc, so you can find a battery that will put out sufficient voltage and current to run them. A car battery is a little low on the voltage side, but has tons of current! You can also hook some "D" cells in parallel that should work too.

Hmm... Sounds like a little project there...=/ I imagine the D cells would work. I need something that isn't huge/heavy. And while I do have some know-how, could you give me a general idea on what I'd need to make a safe version of the D cell setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back