Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Oct 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #631 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What in you guys opinion is the best headphone that you can buy new? is the Ultrasone Ed9 the right answer?

The Stax SR-007A and MKII are my candidates.
o2smile.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #632 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the Ultrasone Ed9 the right answer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Stax SR-007A and MKII are my candidates.
o2smile.gif

I would go for both...
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #633 of 1,076
Hey guys

My A700's recently disintegrated so I'm on the hunt for some new phones.

I'm looking at spending 200-250 AUS, so probably a level above the A700's.

I've heard lots of good things about the A900's but was looking to see if there are anymore choices about.

Cheers!

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #634 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by khromosone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys

I've heard lots of good things about the A900's but was looking to see if there are anymore choices about.

Cheers!

200-250 AUD will not buy you the best headphones on the market, regardless if they are new or old.
wink.gif

I suggest you first perform a search, then if needed post a new thread in the Headphones (full-size) forum.

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #635 of 1,076
Quote:

Hey guys

Cheers!

What do you mean disintergrated? you see im thinking about buying these soon & if the velour/felt pads are prone to disintergrating or any other part come to that then I would very much like to find out now before I part with any hard earned cash!
wink_face.gif

[edit] I forgot to say, are we talking about the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 when you say a700's ?

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #636 of 1,076
Maybe this threads title should be renamed to "List of all the headphones on the market (new and old)"
biggrin.gif

I think HP-DX1000 and HD650 are amazing cans, with proper amplification.

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #638 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my music studio )))-_-((( K702

whats the diff between 2 and 1 in this case?
I want to buy K701 soonish, didnt even know there was a two.

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #639 of 1,076
k701 are wite with a fixed cable
K702 are studio blue with a removable cable

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #641 of 1,076
Quote:

Hey guys

Cheers!

When I saw your post I was very curious. I went right out and bought a pair of A900's and they are absolutely incredible. Now granted, These are my first full sized HF's greater than 150.00 US ( I have some Senn RS130 wireless), but they have a very wide and deep soundstage and for me it's all about soundstage. I let them burn-in for 72 hrs straight and the bass has really been coming out of hiding. The mids are clear and crisp. These are one of the few HF's I've been able to enjoy right out of the box EQ free!!

They are big and the temple wings could be a little tighter, but they haven't fallen off yet so maybe I need to get used to them.

As far as external attenuation, I've been a bit spoiled by my custom IEM's.
I can say that they are better at blocking out sounds than my Senn's. but not as good as my Milian SVT's, but the SVT's start out from a set of Ear protection Ear Muffs so they have 30db attenuation right off the bat.

Anyway, If you've liked your A700's I say go for the 900's

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #642 of 1,076
Considering these factors:
-WILL BE used portabl(y). Need good SQ unamped.
- I listen to rock. Would prefer higher than average bass.
- might be paired with a cheap amp at home. (key words cheap amp)

Grado SR's (60, 80, 125) OR Denon AH D2000?
Any other suggestions? maybe beyer DT770?

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #643 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe beyer DT770?

Do you listen to anything other than rap? The DT770s will not be for you if rock is your only concern. Then again, the Grados could be too bright for you. So, is rock your main concern?

Also, how long will your listening sessions be?

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #645 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rock/Techno will be my main concerns.
Sessions = ~4 hours tops (rarely).

Hmmmm....

Speaking from experience, I am perfectly content with my Alessandro MS-1s for rock.

Techno, however, sounds much better on the Beyer's.

If 4 hours will be the most you EVER listen at a time, the comfort of the Alessandro's won't bother you at all; however, the Beyers most DEFINITELY are much much more comfortable. I also find them more submersive for any kind of music simply because they block out most all sound out from around you; someone would literally have to be screaming at you in order to hear them.

If rock is your MAIN concern, definitely go with some kind of Grado, whether it's a Grado or Alessandro. Rock sounds fine from the Beyers, but once you've heard it the Grado way, there's no other way to do it IMO.

If I were you and rock were your main concern, I would go with the Alessandro's (going from personal experience and my overall satisfaction), and buy a set of bowl pads to go with them. The comfies that come with them increase bass and are better suited to techno, whereas the bowls will REALLY clear things up and make the sound much clearer. To an extent, they also improve soundstage. But then again, listening to David Sanborn through my Alessandro's with comfies right now makes me realize the comfies have a different kind of soundstage in that since everything sounds a bit more mellow, it's easier to decipher where the sounds are coming from.

Good luck!
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back