Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Jul 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #587 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by giordun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess I'm wrong. Stax ftw. Is it possible to bring Stax for outside use?

Indeed! The S-001MK2 I posted are highly portable. Its actually meant for portable use.
Picture: http://www.yamasinc.com/images/s001mk2.jpg

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #588 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by giordun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just asking for some of your opinions. In your opinion, what are the best damn

Closed Headphones

Open Headphones

IEMs

Earbuds

(Yuin PK1 probably takes this one.)

I haven't listened to enough headphones (or any Stax headphones
biggrin.gif
) to decide on all of them, but I must say that if the ER4's are better versions of the ER6i's (and from what I've read they are) then I can definitely say that IMO, the Etymotic ER4p/s are the best IEM's.

Too bad IEM's hurt my ears over time
frown.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #591 of 1,076
What i would like to know is which are the best non-IEM headphones?Cause IEM Shure se530 and UE11 are the best as everyone is shouting,but when it comes to over the head headphones,which ones come through as best of the best?

Please give me some feedback on this one.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #592 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by therock003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What i would like to know is which are the best non-IEM headphones?Cause IEM Shure se530 and UE11 are the best as everyone is shouting,but when it comes to over the head headphones,which ones come through as best of the best?

Please give me some feedback on this one.

There are not such thing the "the best" headphone, as it all comes down to personal experience. But these, among others, are considered to have really great sound quality:
* Stax SR-007
* Stax SR-Omega
* Sennheiser HE90
* Sony MDR-R10
* Sony Qualia 010
* Audio-Technica ATH-L3000
* AKG K1000

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #593 of 1,076
Are there reaylly not?Because as far as IEM go it;s cleraly between the two I refered to.

Anyway i will have a look at the models you're proposing but isnt there anyone far ahead on the game of the headphones?

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #594 of 1,076
Quote:

Are there reaylly not?Because as far as IEM go it;s cleraly between the two I refered to.

Anyway i will have a look at the models you're proposing but isnt there anyone far ahead on the game of the headphones?

Krmathis knows of which he/she speaks. Just check out his absolutely amazing inventory of headphones and amps in his public profile. One of the most impressive I have seen. He is talking from a whole lot of experience. Much more than mine. But I will throw in my little bit. I have had electrostatic headphones since they first came out. I had the original Koss phones and loved them. Since I have had various Lambda models and heard pretty much everything else.
To put it simply, Stax, in their various models is probably the "best" if you had to choose. Although I agree that it is highly subjective.
So it you want to go for the best currently available get together $4000 plus and put it down for the Stax SRS-007 MK2 paired with the Stax SRM-007tll amp.

Jul 27, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #595 of 1,076
Quote:

There are a lot fewer top-end IEM's to choose from. Hence why the Shure se530 and UE11 probably (I don't claim that they do) stand out as the only clear "best" on the market.

But for full size headphones there are a lot more to choose from, and hence impossible to pick out just one "best". They use different driver technology as well (electrostatic vs. dynamic), which make it even more complicated. Since some favor one technology over the other.

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #597 of 1,076
Hey people, I'm looking for some good cans in the 150-200 price range, I could maybe stretch it too 250.

To be used with;
iPod Classic, just ordered a iBasso D2 Boa.

And sometimes with;
MacBook Pro.
Nintendo DS.
Sony PSP.

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #598 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeEasy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey people, I'm looking for some good cans in the 150-200 price range, I could maybe stretch it too 250.

To be used with;
iPod Classic, just ordered a iBasso D2 Boa.

And sometimes with;
MacBook Pro.
Nintendo DS.
Sony PSP.

Then I suggest you search the forum, or post in the Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors forum.
Cause this is a thread for the "best" phones on the market. Usually priced way above your 150-200 budget (don't know if you talk about rubles, USD, Euro, NOK, ...)..

By the way. Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #600 of 1,076
tells us your need and we'll give you some feedback, sr225s leak and are not the most comforatble headphone, but offer clear and strong mids in a way very unique for their price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back