RE0 rivals ER-4S, beats E500 and ER-4P
Sep 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #93 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE #3 - FINAL ROUND: Modding RE0

I made ClieOS mod to RE0:

RE0 improves with this mod, getting closer to ER-4S in terms of sound signature.

Just tried this mod myself. I agree with everything ClieOS said. Slightly louder, less recession in the mids, more detail but with slight harshness.

It will take me a little while to get used to the new sound signature but I think it is probably an improvement overall.

Edit: With a little more time sound-stage seems slightly improved and lower frequencies seem unchanged. Still finding it slightly fatiguing compared to before.
Edit 2: With more time I am convinced I prefer the new sound signature. I would recommend people try this, then give it quite a while to get used to it. You can presumably put the foam back if you dont like it.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #94 of 112
AKG K319

22481-earbud-buyers-guide-feat-ok1-pk1-ok2-pk2-ath-cm700-k319-small.jpg

Continuing my quest for the best ultraportables,
I reviewed AKG K319 earbud in depth
and rated it in my Earbud buyer's guide.

You are welcome to read!

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #95 of 112
One of the most informative and thorough reviews I've read in a while. Thanks for this!

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #96 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the most informative and thorough reviews I've read in a while. Thanks for this!

++ This is the review that caused me to get RE0.
icon10.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #97 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
++ This is the review that caused me to get RE0.
icon10.gif

Not surprised at all. Thanks for letting me know about this, man.
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #98 of 112
Curious about isolation with the RE0 IEMs. What tips work best? For comparison, I've used my S4s with the included bi-flange tips (very comfortable, decent isolation) and the Shure Olives (less comfortable, good isolation). How do the RE0 ear tips compare?

Also, can the RE0 be worn over-the-ear?

Thanks!

Yip

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #99 of 112
That's one super detailed review out there. Amazing.Ive got lots of expectations from my RE-0 which should be arriving in about a weeks time
biggrin.gif

Ive experienced them for a short period when my friend bought them and all I remember is i was blown away by the detailing and clarity when paired with the Amp3 Pro2.

Dec 22, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #100 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious about isolation with the RE0 IEMs. What tips work best?

Also, can the RE0 be worn over-the-ear?

The tips work the same way, bi-flanges are the best. But RE0 itself has no strong isolation, most likely due to the back port. If you are into the decent isolation, get some Etymotic with 3-flanges, gliders or Shure Black Foam Sleeves.

It is not convenient to use RE0 over-the-year.

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #101 of 112
I have found the flanges to be quite annoying personally. They don't stay put too well, tend to work loose from my ears too easily. I like the Comply T400 (large) for good isolation and a secure fit. I work out doors doing quite physical work so a secure fit is essential.

I also bought the RE0 on the basis of this review, and I really like their honest presentation. So thanks Kosta for your efforts.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #102 of 112
Kostalex, have you tried RE0s with Sony Hybrid tips? EPEX10A is the model number. I preferred them to the bi-flanges because they were much much more comfortable and didn't seem any worse in SQ (if not better, but I was struggling to get a good fit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back