RE0 rivals ER-4S, beats E500 and ER-4P
Jan 31, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #106 of 112
I think you will find that the RE0 pairs really well with the cowon D2. For one thing, using the mach3 bass and bumping the lower register of EQ (80k) to your preference will create an outstanding balance while leaving the rest fairly flat (or minor alteration). This seems to clear up the relative bass anemia of the RE0 while keeping the amazing detail and clarity it is so well known for. The D2 also has the power to drive these phones with authority and the higher impedance is a plus for bass roll off. Personally, after comparing this combo with 5G nano and 3G touch (with and without) amp, there is no comparison....just a better match for the phones.
atsmile.gif

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #107 of 112
Hey, it is really a fact that RE0 beats ER-4P quite easily, as ER-4P is a compromised solution for un-amped low-powered portable player. So I will not compare them at all, but not true in case of ER-4S. The RE0 and ER-4S both give same details but with different passion, where as RE0 presents the details with smooth edge like velvet or like feather touch but ER-4S presents the details with sharpness and loudness, one will feel the sound textures are more contrasting with ER-4S, with such sharp edge some people might find it little hurt with their sensitive ear. But many people would find the ER-4S more touchy and feel harder presence and they would prefer that hurt enjoyable. And due to this reason when you are listening to mp3 with lower bit rate, it will sound worse with ER-4S than RE0 as ER-4S will reveal the flaws more harshly than RE0. So if your primary source files are mp3 with lower bit rate than stay away from both of them especially keep yourself more distance from ER-4S. The RE0 will somewhat little cover up the flaws with its neutrality but the ER-4S will not.  Now it is choice personal preferences. But I myself enjoy both of them differently but equally. I would suggest please try hard to afford at least an portable amp (not Fiio but others in between $70 to $150) to realize these two maestro, I can bet you never regret for the time you spending with these two. 

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #108 of 112

Quote:
Hey, it is really a fact that RE0 beats ER-4P quite easily, as ER-4P is a compromised solution for un-amped low-powered portable player. So I will not compare them at all, but not true in case of ER-4S. The RE0 and ER-4S both give same details but with different passion, where as RE0 presents the details with smooth edge like velvet or like feather touch but ER-4S presents the details with sharpness and loudness, one will feel the sound textures are more contrasting with ER-4S, with such sharp edge some people might find it little hurt with their sensitive ear. But many people would find the ER-4S more touchy and feel harder presence and they would prefer that hurt enjoyable. And due to this reason when you are listening to mp3 with lower bit rate, it will sound worse with ER-4S than RE0 as ER-4S will reveal the flaws more harshly than RE0. So if your primary source files are mp3 with lower bit rate than stay away from both of them especially keep yourself more distance from ER-4S. The RE0 will somewhat little cover up the flaws with its neutrality but the ER-4S will not.  Now it is choice personal preferences. But I myself enjoy both of them differently but equally. I would suggest please try hard to afford at least an portable amp (not Fiio but others in between $70 to $150) to get maximum of these two maestro, I can bet you never regret for the time you spending with these two. 

You should hear the ER4S with a TTVJ hybrid portable amp. Its way over $150 though.

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #109 of 112

Quote:
Kostalex, have you tried RE0s with Sony Hybrid tips? EPEX10A is the model number. I preferred them to the bi-flanges because they were much much more comfortable and didn't seem any worse in SQ (if not better, but I was struggling to get a good fit).

The fake ebay Sony hybrids are the tips I have been using with my RE0 for several months now -- they provide the best fit and SQ for me because they are stiffer or have more physical than most tips, almost like foam.  But as usual, YMMV.

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #110 of 112
Most of my source file are MP3 with higher bit rate and some Flac files. So It might not be useful to upgrade with TTVJ hybrid portable amp unless improvement of source files. But I would like to thank you sincerely for your kind advise.

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #111 of 112

Quote:
The fake ebay Sony hybrids are the tips I have been using with my RE0 for several months now -- they provide the best fit and SQ for me because they are stiffer or have more physical than most tips, almost like foam.  But as usual, YMMV.

Can you tell me which size or colour fake tip you are using.
Im thinking of trying some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back