Ray Samuels Portable Amps, please Help!!!
Jan 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 52
No offense to the poster that mentioned "balanced", but ignore that statement, at least for the time being. Would mean recabling your cans, and is something new a few portable amp manufacturers are trying.
I too would be curious about the RS amps, as I may be setting up a small bedroom rig, that needs to be space conscious. I'm confused too about which amps are iem centric.
Seems most are recommending the Mustang is this a fair consensus of a sweet spot in the line up?

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 52
Yeah, just pulled the trigger on the MS2's, so we'll see.
Price on the Mustang not so bad, all things considered.
Now to nail down a proper portable source.

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive been told the mustang as well for my grados.from 2 people.

If I told you to buy the TTVJ portable or the Headamp Pico or an M3 would that make it 2-1?

In this hobby, do not be told to do things by anyone. Read lots, understand as best you can, if you're not sure, ask more. And then make your own call.

When I first asked a serious purchase question here, I was told by the mass vote to get a Beyerdynamic DT990.

I'm bloody glad I got an HD650 instead.

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #20 of 52
At least he's (or at least the op) specific on the brand. It's good to narrow questions down, or by the end of the thread folks will name everything under the sun. I don't think he's being told as much as guided to a specific model in a line up he was curious about.
I've been curious about the RS line for a while, so it's interesting to get the feedback. Also was close to pulling the trigger on the TTVJ Millet hybred last year too. I do agree about the hobby aspect, it needs to be taken slow with some trial by error, and a fair amount of research to boot. Thank God for the FS section!!
Now, if you'll excuse me, gonna listen to my 990's!

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 52
ive been reasearching like crazy and have to come to to 3 amps i like alot and have heard good things about. the predator, the headamp pico and the p51 mustang. can i afford any of this amps in reality. i dont think, so, but ive been checking the FS forum everyday

the pico is prob the amp im after the most at the moment. im not asking to be guided im asking for peoples experiences.ive been in this hobby long enough to know every1 has a preference to certain things, such as my strong preference towards grados. as far as amps ive yet to own a good own or try more than one, so im just feeling out other peoples preferences.

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #22 of 52
and i made the mistake of going to rsa website and now id pretty much take any RSA i can afford lol,

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #25 of 52
i would go with the sr71 a, others have reported good synergy with the ue11, some have not, (apparently a difficult to pair custom iem)
but i have the predator and had the mustang predadtor debate long ago, and i need more power, i look forward to purchasing a blaackbird for my portable. and changing out the batteries is a giant plus imo, i am choosing the blackbird over the iqube,
buy amps made in the U.S.A.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive been reasearching like crazy and have to come to to 3 amps i like alot and have heard good things about. the predator, the headamp pico and the p51 mustang. can i afford any of this amps in reality. i dont think, so, but ive been checking the FS forum everyday

the pico is prob the amp im after the most at the moment. im not asking to be guided im asking for peoples experiences.ive been in this hobby long enough to know every1 has a preference to certain things, such as my strong preference towards grados. as far as amps ive yet to own a good own or try more than one, so im just feeling out other peoples preferences.

you have a strong preference for grado's? who would've guessed. lol

support American company's buy Grado's!

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait for the RSA Protector. It is a balanced portable and I would go with the JH16's.

Not to throw a wrench in with the monkeys or anything, but why would you recommend the JHA16 over the UE18 - both items which aren't even to market and which you have in all likelihood never heard?

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to throw a wrench in with the monkeys or anything, but why would you recommend the JHA16 over the UE18 - both items which aren't even to market and which you have in all likelihood never heard?

Add to that an amp that no one outside of RSA has really heard yet...

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #29 of 52
The P-51 sounds like a great amp. I would like to try one sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back