Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 4, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #481 of 6,930
Brothers in arms: Hell's Highway: 7/10 (a solid fps with a nice flanking option, it however relies on it constantly and once you've got a hang of it doesn't often offer any real difficulty).

Dead Space: 9.5/10 (i'm slowly working my way through this game, which as has bieng stated is a terrific, tense game that provides many scares).

May 4, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #482 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*spoilers*

Whilst , you have to help the Jackal one way or another, I find nearly everything beside this is extremely open ended. You can chose which faction leaders to help or betray, how to attack, when etc... But I do understand the dislike of the narrowing path it take towards the end of the game.

You can't really choose which factions to side with. I wanted to go with one of them and kept doing missions for them, but then they ran out of stuff for me to do and I had to work for the other one.

But yes, you can choose how to attack. Although it does always seem to end up the same in the end.

May 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #484 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't really choose which factions to side with. I wanted to go with one of them and kept doing missions for them, but then they ran out of stuff for me to do and I had to work for the other one.

But yes, you can choose how to attack. Although it does always seem to end up the same in the end.

Very true, I think the idea was that you where a mercenary so you wouldn't take sides. A good game, but hopefully they use and improve upon the same style of play for the innevetable third game.
popcorn.gif

I thought I'd add that i'm still playing FarCry 2 (have finsihed it twice, but its just som much fun how you can take out convoys etc in different manners). I've currently been using a flar gun and making both factions fight each other.
popcorn.gif
ph34r.gif

May 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #485 of 6,930
  1. RE5 - 7/10 - really good but short (would reccomend borrowing from a friend for a week or two)
  2. Braid - 10/10 - the best puzzle game ive ever played, very good story.
  3. Rock Band 2 - 6/10 - pretty good but alot of the songs were not that great
  4. Guitar Hero 2 - 8/10 - my favorite out of all the guitar hero/ rock band games
  5. Banjo Kazooie (remake for xbox live arcade) - 9/10- just as good as it was 10 years ago (or however many years ago) but with better looking graphics

May 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #487 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mass Effect:6.5/10

So low for ME? I'm replaying it right now...I'd give it a good 8 or 9 / 10!

May 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #488 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Street Fighter IV

old classic feel with some new techniques. competition galore!

9/10

Agreed. Had quite a fun time playing against friends. Reminded me of the good 'ol fighter days.

May 6, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #489 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to the latest Fallout Broken Steel DLC with the level cap bump being released in the next couple of days. It'll be nice to get back into the game.

Got this today and played through it. It was pretty enjoyable and there are a few new exciting weapons and armors to find and collect. The new Perks aren't quite as worthwhile as I was hoping for, but once you hit level 20 your character is already pretty beastly, so it's a moot point I suppose.

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #491 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chrono Trigger (replay, of course) - 10/10. doubtless one of the greatest RPGs on THE console of RPGs (and virtually everything else, mind you, IMO).

I could never really get into Chrono Trigger... I think serious RPGs are too daunting for me.

Earthbound was awesome
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #492 of 6,930
Chrono Trigger and Earthbound are easily some of the best RPGs ever, and both have a huge following. I think there was even a fan-made physical strategy guide for the sequel of Earthbound. On the topic of RPGs, I'm currently churning through Sacred 2. More of a hack-and-slash diablo clone with a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to character builds, but it's proving to be mindless fun.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #494 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So low for ME? I'm replaying it right now...I'd give it a good 8 or 9 / 10!

Maybe 6.5 was harsh.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #495 of 6,930
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the topic of RPGs, I'm currently churning through Sacred 2. More of a hack-and-slash diablo clone with a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to character builds, but it's proving to be mindless fun.

This game has hundreds upon hundreds of quests, huge maps and thousands of weapons. But it's not fun
frown.gif

Soon your character becomes beastly and you have max pots, killing bosses without moving. I made it through 2 countries before putting it down, too many quests are 'go there, come back, go there' without any challenge
confused_face.gif
4.5/10

Finished Katamari Damacy for ps2 today, awesome game, entertaining, and epic soundtrack, lots of replayability, but kinda short. 9/10

Continuing Ar Tonelico 1, so far it's a 6/10, entertaining enough, decent fighting system, easy to understand how it works without being overly complicated, however a bad dialogue and very small maps that connect. Might change depending on how the story evolves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back