Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #511 of 6,943
Initial D Extreme Stage - Decent arcade racing game, gets boring after a while 6/10

Cross Edge - This game has so many flaws, and very few strong points. But those strong points are very strong. The combat system has a lot of depth and the crafting system is fun. However the story is terrible and you cannot play without using several guides to know how to know how to get your next skills and where to get items, and you will never get the "true ending" without a guide, never. 5/10 as a game but worth it for an enthusiast

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #512 of 6,943
L4D (PC) 9/10 - I really like this game. Online play is a mix, depends on who you are playing with. I used to be addicted to WoW before Wrath came out. I like L4D because it's a relatively short game.
atsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #513 of 6,943
I have actually played more PS3 in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past year
redface.gif
Been playing Resident Evil 5 to death, only just discovered the joys of mercenaries mode. If anyone fancies playing duo then let me know. 10/10 - its that much fun when you're playing with another person (who isn't rubbish
biggrin.gif
)

Left 4 Dead has been very tempting but considering CSS runs at ~50fps (on a 40+ person server however) I'm not sure if it'll run smoothly. Anyone offer some insight?

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #514 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have actually played more PS3 in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past year
redface.gif
Been playing Resident Evil 5 to death, only just discovered the joys of mercenaries mode. If anyone fancies playing duo then let me know. 10/10 - its that much fun when you're playing with another person (who isn't rubbish
biggrin.gif
)

Left 4 Dead has been very tempting but considering CSS runs at ~50fps (on a 40+ person server however) I'm not sure if it'll run smoothly. Anyone offer some insight?

On the PS3 or on your computer? L4D is very forgiving with older/weaker computers, and if you have a framerate problem all you have to do is turn down the settings a tad...

I wouldn't think you would have any framerate problems at all on a PS3, since it should easily be able to run L4D smoothly and L4D only uses 8 players in a match (4 if your doing coop instead of VS) so I doubt it'd get laggy.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #515 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the PS3 or on your computer? L4D is very forgiving with older/weaker computers, and if you have a framerate problem all you have to do is turn down the settings a tad...

I wouldn't think you would have any framerate problems at all on a PS3, since it should easily be able to run L4D smoothly and L4D only uses 8 players in a match (4 if your doing coop instead of VS) so I doubt it'd get laggy.

On computer. Sounds promising, but its still retailing for £25?! That's the cheapest Amazon can offer and Steam wants £27 for it -_-

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #516 of 6,943
Playing GTA 4 on PS3 - my first real try at completing a real (non-fighting) game on a consol... The game is imense, great and as everyone who knows the GTA series will tell you the sounds, sound implementation and music tracks are just A class as always. Love it with my headphone setup that has optical input on the PS3 or via HDMI and optical over my 40"... Thats gaming...

Also working on the campaign map on the latest total war installement which I resently aquired. Possibly better than the Rome generation of the series - not sure yet but its a heck load of what I like: History, tech., tactics, strategics, gentlemanship, fun and loads of troops in big battle with big toys!

Also Sins of a solar Empire- entrenment is every neat and so much an improvement I started playing it again - gotta love huge gigant defensive battle stations that can take a load of fire...

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #517 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On computer. Sounds promising, but its still retailing for £25?! That's the cheapest Amazon can offer and Steam wants £27 for it -_-

Hmmm, is that so?

biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #520 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prototype on PC...fun and games

Same, a bit repetitive till you get more into the game. When you get more abilities it becomes a bit more interesting, but in the end it is a bit more of the same...
popcorn.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #521 of 6,943
Tiger woods PGA tour 10 and Grand slam tennis for Wii... The wii is not dead I repeat the Wii is not dead...

Golf and tennis for this price doesn´t get any more real then this. I am getting so into it I am starting to sweat in no time due to the pressure of nailing that shot or trying to break federers serve. Really funny to play as John McEnRoe and get his outbreaks in the wii remotes speaker lol.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #522 of 6,943
I've been playing Resident Evil 5 and it's a heck of a lot of fun. My first play through was on normal mode and it took me a little over 9 hours, as I was scrounging around a lot for ammo and treasure. My second play through took a hair over 4 hours, and now I'm playing through on hard and managing to shave off even more time. Once you unlock the gatling gun and/or the bow and arrow for Sheva, the game becomes very easy, but still an enjoyable romp.

My next objective is to seek out those BSAA badges
smily_headphones1.gif

9/10 - Lots of replayability and unlockables but could stand to be a little longer.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #523 of 6,943
^^ the interactive cinematic ending in RE5 made my jaw drop. Such an epic end to a game. Although on my 2nd playthrough I just used a magnum so I didn't get to experience the button-mashing end like the first time
frown.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #524 of 6,943
mass effect 10/10

absolutely fantastic, everything KOTOR was suppose to be. I never ever rate games at a 10 but this one deserves it.

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #525 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been playing Resident Evil 5 and it's a heck of a lot of fun. My first play through was on normal mode and it took me a little over 9 hours, as I was scrounging around a lot for ammo and treasure. My second play through took a hair over 4 hours, and now I'm playing through on hard and managing to shave off even more time. Once you unlock the gatling gun and/or the bow and arrow for Sheva, the game becomes very easy, but still an enjoyable romp.

My next objective is to seek out those BSAA badges
smily_headphones1.gif

9/10 - Lots of replayability and unlockables but could stand to be a little longer.

You need to try it out on Professional mode - infinite rocket launcher makes things just about manageable
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back