Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 16, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #496 of 6,943
"Prototype" PC Version - So far ive enjoyed this game immensely! Looks wise it's very similar to games such as the new GTA. Story line is sort of basic though, a virus attacking a city. Everyone slowly turning into zombie's and you have been infected, transforming you into a Pure Blooded killing machine. But as you work through the game fun really starts to happen when you increase your arsenal, fully armored with twin bladed sword as your arm is killer
wink.gif
Im giving it a 9/10. The only quirm that annoys me is the targeting system and movement can get a little to much to control when your sprinting around.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #497 of 6,943
Fable II... 10/10

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #498 of 6,943
I would rate "Infamous" 9 out of 10.

Easily one of the best PS3 games ever made. Climbing up just about any object/building and gliding/flying through the city is just so much fun.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #500 of 6,943
L4D - 9/10

Still having good fun with this online, even though I only play one map. Considering it's the only shooter I play it does pretty well.

Forza 2 - 10/10

Still playing this after two or so years of owning it, and still having buttloads of fun as well. Heck, it's even worth putting up with all of the BS associated with owning a 360 in my opinion.

There will be lots of tears when I find I can't transfer paintjobs from forza 2 to forza 3 though.
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #501 of 6,943
Plants versus Zombies!
9/10 only because the adventure mode was not as challenging as it could have been.

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #502 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fable II... 10/10

Argghhh Yes when is this out for PC! Look forward to it definitely!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and L4D is a definite 9/10 for game play!!

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #503 of 6,943
Dead Space - 10/10. Awesome storyline, gripping story, chilling effects and scary Necromorphs. Mining tools rigged for killing and Isaac Clarke's upgradeable RIG armor makes it fun and replayable too. You guys should take a trip to the USG Ishimura and feel what it's be like to be a space engineer battling infectious aliens.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #506 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Continuing Ar Tonelico 1, so far it's a 6/10, entertaining enough, decent fighting system, easy to understand how it works without being overly complicated, however a bad dialogue and very small maps that connect. Might change depending on how the story evolves.

I enjoyed the second iteration of Ar Tonelico for ~25 hours until the repetition got to me (and the story got pretty bizarre). It's certainly not a bad game, but far from amazing. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There will be lots of tears when I find I can't transfer paintjobs from forza 2 to forza 3 though.
frown.gif

I can't wait for Forza 3, might even be worth ponying up for the collectors edition, which I almost never do.

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #507 of 6,943
Fallout 3. Finally finished. 8/10.

It could have been 10/10 if it weren't for some flaws:

-There's only a few radio stations in the game and they play the same (crappy) music over and over. After dozens of hours it gets really annoying and you just end up turning the radio off and playing in silence.

-There are important plot twists in the game, where if you choose the wrong action you lose out on some big benefits. In some games it is fairly obvious when you reach those points, but not so in Fallout 3.

-After reaching level 20 you no longer level-up, which wouldn't be so bad if they told you that was it. As it was I was at level 20 halfway through the game, and ended up taking perks I wouldn't have if I had known better and missing out on perks that I wish I'd taken.

Still, a pretty awesome game. Good story, good graphics and an absolutely massive world.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #508 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's only a few radio stations in the game and they play the same (crappy) music over and over. After dozens of hours it gets really annoying and you just end up turning the radio off and playing in silence.

Wholeheartedly agree with you there. Three Dog was driving me crazy toward the end and the Oblivion-style minimalist sound when the radio is off is far too bland.

Quote:

-After reaching level 20 you no longer level-up, which wouldn't be so bad if they told you that was it. As it was I was at level 20 halfway through the game, and ended up taking perks I wouldn't have if I had known better and missing out on perks that I wish I'd taken.

There's always the Broken Steel DLC if you'd like to make your way up to 30. Of the 3 add-ons, it's the only one that was worth the asking price imho.

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #510 of 6,943
Prototype (PC) 6.5/10 - Running and jumping across rooftops never get boring. Combat is doable with a mouse and keyboard, although enemies tend to combo you faster than you click at times. (Not sure if they're combos are supposed to be unbreakable once started) The lack of mission and enemy variety makes the game a bit repetitive. Checkpoints are frequent, although I have issue with the timing and amount for a certain boss near the end.

Condemned 2 (360) - 6.8/10 - Nice atmosphere, challenging (if bordering on unfair) combat, cliche but not necessarily horrid overall story. Certain set pieces can very cheap. It can be a bit glitchy, i.e. you'll lose the ability to turn left/right and have to restart from the last checkpoint to get things normal. Think of the game as a popcorn horror/action thriller, as long as you don't expect anything too complicated or deep, you'll have a nice ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back