Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #466 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is MOTHER for the Famicom and MOTHER 3 for GBA.

I better steer clear of expert mode on my first run through then. P4 is only being released here on Friday.

thanks for the clarification mate.

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #467 of 6,943
Finally getting around to actually playing through Fallout 3 for the 360. I'm going to have to agree to what a lot of other people have said, if you enjoyed Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, you'll like this as well. I wouldn't say it's an improvement on Oblivion, it's more of a sidestep with a new coat of paint. You trade the swords and magic for sledgehammers and guns. While I personally prefer the swords and magic, I'm sure there are a number of people who would appreciate the opposite.

I do enjoy roaming around, stumbling upon random people in the wasteland and treasure hidden in old factories. You'll find the same pitfalls from Oblivion in this game, as the dungeons can be dreary and repetitive, and having to repair your weapons and armor after every scuffle is tedious. Otherwise, there's a vast game to be explored, unique weapons to be found, and interesting quests to complete.

8/10

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #468 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, someone plays Wolfenstein ET. I love free fps games. I was hooked on America's Army over the summer. Now, I'm playing calculator games since school started.

lol, me too!!! and Fallout 3.

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #470 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to own noobs in Wolf ET. That game rocked my socks off.

Same! Loved that game. Still do.

Playing GTA4 PC atm. Awesome game, terrible port.

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #471 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Playing GTA4 PC atm. Awesome game, terrible port.

Patch 1.0.3.0 fixed all of my problems/crashes with this game.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #472 of 6,943
I couldn't stand Fallout 3, it just bored me. Though everyone i've said that to has told me I have to give it another shot (which I no doubt will)

Anyway:
Still playing dead space and have started (and almost finished) Resident Evil 5. It may just me, but I looked up some reviews and they often reffered to the dialogue as always bieng unbelievably chessy. I so far haven't found this to be the case (though there deffenatly are some cheesy moments), with most lines bieng extremely well delivered and acted out (i'm not sure, but it looks like they have had actors play out the parts of the different characters, if so it really shows, if not they've got some extremely good animators).

Apr 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #475 of 6,943
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 5/5
Great arcade action with some pretty sweet fighters!

Apr 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #478 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Far Cry 2: 7/10

Blah, can't stand it. The shooting is good, but the missions are repetitive, and while the game feels like it's meant to be open ended, it isn't.

*spoilers*

Whilst , you have to help the Jackal one way or another, I find nearly everything beside this is extremely open ended. You can chose which faction leaders to help or betray, how to attack, when etc... But I do understand the dislike of the narrowing path it take towards the end of the game.

May 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #479 of 6,943
I'm really looking forward to the latest Fallout Broken Steel DLC with the level cap bump being released in the next couple of days. It'll be nice to get back into the game.

Currently playing Last Remnant, which has been pretty meh. Typical average JRPG release from Square. So far 6/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back