Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,251 of 6,675
Based on that guy’s description, my money is on a cold solder joint. When bumped, it makes an intermittent connection and resets or shorts out and shuts down.

If anyone has a bad one they can send me, I’ll open it up and see if it can be fixed easily. It sounds like such a fix could benefit a lot of people.

PM me if anyone is able to help!
Pm sent!

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #5,253 of 6,675
Have you been flying with it? Has it been exposed to large changes in temperature/pressure/humidity?
No flying, no changes outside of the ordinary.

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #5,254 of 6,675
Interesting discussion, so if understand well, let connected 24/7 the ES100 via USB cable as a DAC for computer is finally a bad idea (even if the battery care option is turned ON) ?
Also, another question: even if we properly lock the output, doesn't mean we are safe of shorts when removing the plug while listening to music ?

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #5,255 of 6,675
Also, another question: even if we properly lock the output, doesn't mean we are safe of shorts when removing the plug while listening to music ?

Correct, it is not safe to remove or insert the plug while music is playing. It doesn’t matter what settings you have set. It is due to the hardware design.

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #5,257 of 6,675
Correct, it is not safe to remove or insert the plug while music is playing. It doesn’t matter what settings you have set. It is due to the hardware design.
Unless you lock the output. Then it's ok

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #5,258 of 6,675
Hi,
Is there a method (procedure or application) to set immediately the "Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback quality" under Developer Options to the relevant selection without having to go (again and again) into the long Settings sequence hierarchy?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #5,259 of 6,675
Hi,
Is there a method (procedure or application) to set immediately the "Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback quality" under Developer Options to the relevant selection without having to go (again and again) into the long Settings sequence hierarchy?

Thanks
Are you referring to Android? I don’t think there is

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #5,260 of 6,675
Hi,
Is there a method (procedure or application) to set immediately the "Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback quality" under Developer Options to the relevant selection without having to go (again and again) into the long Settings hierarchy?

Thanks
If your source device has LDAC, normally it should be "outputed" automatically on LDAC. You shouldn't have to make any choice.
ES100 should select (or force) LDAC directly.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #5,262 of 6,675
Thanks

It always defaults to "Best Effort". I did perceived "Optimized for Audio Quality" as better sounding
Always check directly via EarStudio app the real bluetooth input, best way to be sure it's playing in LDAC mode :thumbsup:

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #5,263 of 6,675
Yes, my ES100 is always set to LDAC (96/24), but on the phone side (S10) it can be further configured to the desired LDAC Playback Quality level (under developer options)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back