Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #4,396 of 6,675
Question guys, i ordered this on amazon on the 11th but til now(14th april) they still havent confirmed or whatsoever.. is it normal?
Every time you order something from Amazon, you should receive an immediate e-mail confirmation. Verify that your Amazon account has the correct e-mail and check your spam folder. If you log in to your account, the item should be listed in your orders and show status: https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/order-history/

If you can't find any record of the order, contact Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #4,397 of 6,675
I think you should claim warranty as soon as possible, because with this seemingly small sooner or later your ES will stop charging one day

You're right. But, i stay in India, and sending it back for repair and then getting it back would prove a long and cumbersome process. Having sold my Q5, the ES100 is the only source i have for my IEMs. I'm awaiting Hiby W5 , so that i can at least send them back through friends. (sending it directly via shipping would be quite expensive, unfortunately, especially with the return shipping, I'll most likely have to pay customs, which would mean buying a new one is cheaper overall)

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #4,398 of 6,675
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #4,399 of 6,675
kY5KLVC8V6WqAwqCgQrj0YHmaQXKA-lcgkrtZ7bYi0cNGqfKyvvRjA_XBvpIZY6lmPNBvapSqctTB14ZZwZHObAEqjm5h9I5dHYXt_26pgJR8GGWWJOSrcF1r-4Atih6BmZvQFDC7J2nzmhbvy1bSLrli7nxN4JIgapUDXpseX2MLlFj6x0ClnmfKHnslCKDYUAx7bRkEvV9AdbSKqDEUTMl5pAgDYhLhi16SSRiP4ZOTbKcAQorMbaewIHG61xeLelQShEOEPdtjtzmXD24R9nRgtP1Iy4lk2-ycW2PEpOOuMFcCvFx1VDBhKgG1l4V4MvCCBi8_i2GfXPSIV2R_kS506LshyGGvTdyuzGUjWpYXSl6kVb3jgtWhBLgEJWzqvD8JGM2n-Rf27EwhaA9p9vT2uP2DuQK-fTq0_FJhxm-rhy782ZIW_crWl8PQRyUSOwbtg4IR-vxaqqKS51jIws2-pJ2CNCVWRHGPwjy5CE33sk-uycvux6L5PWPraKYZ7We79COVsEZEjqyMtgbmhPQp1zzMKl5dfeM9sKgOPJKF6W38x1BbGQ8hA_nhkQT8dpvBoI4m2mFF37q4pa6WbTvCD3hWzSWYjA4nbyosYgq3cSO5nNSVZBzMmQGDMmEPb3nRKhyWVfEKMilOD8PiXcM_QK1-G4u=w992-h1323-no

still wish this had USB C, but it's a lovely little device :). listening now in 24-bit mode out of my macbook!

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #4,400 of 6,675
Hi i have a question
I got the sxfi amp whit ak4377
Will the es 100 whit dual 4375 be a upgrade in sound quality or downgrade i mean there are 2 chips and the sxfi got ony 1 but a better one

I will pair my phone and dm6

Thanks

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #4,402 of 6,675
whats a good length to get a short mmcx cable to use with the ES100? Is 2.5' (76.2cm) too long?

This is what 40cm looks like for your reference. Goes beyond the breast pocket.20190416_072531.jpg

Abit of dangling wires when clipped on the collar but still manageable.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #4,403 of 6,675
This is what 40cm looks like for your reference. Goes beyond the breast pocket. Abit of dangling wires when clipped on the collar but still manageable.

Thank you for the image, I'm thinking now that 76.5 cm might be too long (I am having a custom wire being build). If you had a choice, how long would you make it (I understand that it's a personal preference).

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #4,404 of 6,675
Thank you for the image, I'm thinking now that 76.5 cm might be too long (I am having a custom wire being build). If you had a choice, how long would you make it (I understand that it's a personal preference).
40cm is fine if you run it around to the back of your neck :)
30cm-35cm is better if wearing in the front and clipping onto the shirt, I think....
Really depends on where you keep ES100. I do phone call a lot so it's on my necklace :)

Also, you can use velcro to shorten the long wire. It may come in handy when ran out of battery and need long wire until you can charge it?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #4,405 of 6,675

I wouldn't put a definite number to account for the varying heights of different people. For me, as long as i can store the module in my pocket, or clip it on my pocket or collar and still allow for head movements without the wires snagging then I'm fine. It's custom made, so you should be anal about specifications. And the wires should be still light enough to be non microphonic when walking/running.

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #4,406 of 6,675
I wouldn't put a definite number to account for the varying heights of different people. For me, as long as i can store the module in my pocket, or clip it on my pocket or collar and still allow for head movements without the wires snagging then I'm fine. It's custom made, so you should be anal about specifications. And the wires should be still light enough to be non microphonic when walking/running.
so you should be anal about specifications. What does that mean be anal did you write wrong under anal i understand hmm you know

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #4,407 of 6,675
Hi i have a question
I got the sxfi amp whit ak4377
Will the es 100 whit dual 4375 be a upgrade in sound quality or downgrade i mean there are 2 chips and the sxfi got ony 1 but a better one

I will pair my phone and dm6

Thanks

May not be of much help here as i dont have the sxfi but number of dac chips doesn't necessarily equate to better sq in my honest opinion. Dual dacs however does allow for balanced output which, with the right implementation, does put out better numbers than single ended, which may or may not result in an increased perceived sound quality. But then again, there are some dacs or amps which have worse measured balanced output then single ended. I do check out audiosciencereview site for objective tests out of curiosity.

Bluetooth aac codec input to balanced output vs
Wired usb to single ended output... I guess you can call it a draw? But you have the samsung though. That pairs better with es100 thru LDAC vs AAC if you have alot of hi res songs, but if it's just mp3, AAC is sufficient enough. I guess it all comes down to their extra features that you're looking for, sxfi earmapping for holographic effect vs es100 eq n taking phone calls. I'd love to lend you mine but due to geographic reasons, yeah..

You could also consider the audeze isine cable. It has 2 pin, does eq and takes phone calls, and has better dac/amp vs the iphone dongle. Supposedly improves on the isine out of the box.Might just work with the bgvp. Similarly priced too

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #4,408 of 6,675
so you should be anal about specifications. What does that mean be anal did you write wrong under anal i understand hmm you know

Umm.. Make sure you and the cable maker understood each other thoroughly enough to make a cable which is according to your exact specifications?

Nothing sexual or of an offensive nature in the use of the word here, just for simplifying stuff

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #4,409 of 6,675
Shameless plug - I have a short balanced MMCX cable for the ES100 for sale. Link in my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back