1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305
Next

Last
  1. Arunabha Lahiri
    How does the es100 compare to fiio q1 mk2? Thank you.

2. Mouseman
    Sound quality and power of the Es100 is considerably better, and when you add in the software, it's no contest. Since I got my ES100, I have packed the Q1 away.

Cevisi likes this.
  3. Cevisi
    Nice too hear i order the es 100 yesterday becouse its on sale in amazon

Question for my english is it
    On sale in amazon
    or
    In sale on amazon
    ?

4. manukmanohar
    On sale in Amazon.

Congrats on the purchase! :)
    I bought another one right now, with the 15% off. Hoping this one will not have the charging issue as with my current one.

Cevisi likes this.
  5. rkw
    In the US, we would say "On sale on Amazon". Maybe different in India or UK.
    However don't worry, if you use any of the 4 combinations of "in" and "on", people will still understand what you mean. :beyersmile:

ejacobsen likes this.
  6. Cevisi
    Yes they understand me but i notice sometimes people don't take me serios when i talk broken englisch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7. Cevisi
    Is there any difference between getting a real balanced 2.5 cable or using a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter ?

8. rkw
    On second thought, the most common phrase in the US would be "On sale at Amazon".
    "on Amazon" is okay but "in Amazon" would be unusual here.

9. ClieOS Contributor
    An adapter with balanced 2.5mm male plug to single-ended 3.5mm female socket? Or is it a balanced 2.5mm male plug to balanced 3.5mm female socket?

That later is fine to use as everything is still balanced wired regardless of what plug it is. The formal is however not as the singled-ended connection will short circuit the balanced amp inside the ES100. At best it will cause distortion, at worst it might damage the circuit permanently.

peter123 likes this.
  10. ClieOS Contributor
    Really depends on which part of the world you are in :grin:

[​IMG]

docentore likes this.
  11. redrol
    Is the ES100 considered a warm or analytical dac?

12. Mouseman
    I would consider it slightly warm with no EQ and no MSEB, but the great thing is that you can use either or both, so you can tailor the sound however you want. I don't use EQ on it, but I do use the MSEB. I enjoy the results, and it helps me tweak things to sound how I like.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  13. redrol
    I have no idea what MSEB is?

Cevisi likes this.
  14. Pricklyears101
    Hey you were at the ex1k thread as well! Hmm i used to buy into the myth that dac chips have sound sigs. I have burr browns, akm & ess. Hate to tell you that they dont and they aren't supposed to contrary to popular belief. Dac chips are just a component in the signal chain, have their specified function, and are not the final determinant in output sound sig. Of course I'm not an amp designer and my comments are highly disputable.

Paired them with ex600 and mdr-1r, sounds not too far off from my lg v20. Of course, ymmv

redrol likes this.
  15. Mouseman
    Sorry, I'm thinking of my R3. The ES100 has several buttons for presets and a really nice EQ section that you can manipulate in the app, and the settings stick with other sources you connect to.

First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305
Next

Last