1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last
  1. stormers
    That depends, I certainly notice some minor sound difference between ES100 and A&K Jr.; but beside that, I'd take ES100 any day. ES100 makes it so convinient that I longer fret over expensive DAP anymore. There are probably differences in sound between DAPs but whether I can hear it is another story.

I'm always on the go so it would be a pain to keep manually update my music library if I use a DAP, on a phone it's so much easier. Although...I wouldn't object if they make an expensive version of ES100 (better DAC or build or buttons) :)

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  2. redrol
    well OK, I would like something that has tuning for BA and Dynamic sets. Does that exist?

3. rkw
    Never heard of such a thing. Individual earphones have so many differences between them that generic BA vs dynamic tuning isn't meaningful.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    peter123 likes this.
  4. rkw
    Samsung updates for the Note 4 stopped at Android 6 (Marshmallow). LDAC requires Android 8, which on your phone would involve rooting and installing a custom ROM.

5. assassin10000
    My phone is modded to developer edition and rooted. :wink:

P.s. did you mean to respond to me in the earbud thread?

6. redrol
    I went ahead and ordered the ES100. Seems fine for running purposes.

7. rkw
    :) Ha, yes. I saw my written but not yet submitted response at the bottom, but forgot I had switched between threads in the meantime.

8. MariusAB
    Good choice, really good and my most used music gadget on the go. With any my iems it gives really good power and sound. Perhaps not the same level as the best daps i heard but it is easier and lighter of any of these. So on the go you will take it much often. With it i sometimes think do i really need separate portable dac as i can use phone and only this small bluetooth dac. And really enjoy it's quality. So portability is my priority and that's why es100 is with me all the time .

9. DanWiggins
    Curious about this. What differences do you hear between BA and dynamics?

10. redrol
    Oh I guess, probably the linearity of the sound. Dynamics compress at high volumes and BAs just get louder. And of course the high end resolution is pretty different.

11. waynes world
    Yup.

Yup again. And a lot less micro-sd cards are required without having a bunch of daps on the go. I'm now happy with a huge card in my phone (and the other streaming services at my disposal).

Carabei and monsieurfromag3 like this.
  12. stormers
    Yup. Although, I very much prefer local files instead of streaming services.

Oh, a 1TB microsd card is coming out. A bit expensive but I think the price will drop significantly after a month or two (just like the 512gb ones). Gonna be pure bliss :)

waynes world likes this.
  13. skeptical
    Do you have any tested product in mind?

14. ClieOS Contributor
    I build my own cable so I don't really need to use any adapter. But I did build a few balanced-to-single-ended and balanced-to-balanced adapter as well, check out the random build thread link in my sig.

15. Pricklyears101
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last