Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 18, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #4,291 of 6,675
For those with Windows laptops that have Intel Wi-Fi cards, here is a quick and simple driver package (compliments of Dell) that provides Apt-X support. I stumbled on this in Reddit a few months ago and it turns out that since Intel has changed little in their Bluetooth stack, this custom Apt-X driver is compatible with most if not all of Intel’s Wi-Fi cards that have been released over the last few years. I have confirmed it to work on Windows 10 with my Intel 9260 Wi-Fi card.

Source:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/intel-aptx-driver-download.794032/

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #4,292 of 6,675
For those with Windows laptops that have Intel Wi-Fi cards, here is a quick and simple driver package (compliments of Dell) that provides Apt-X support. I stumbled on this in Reddit a few months ago and it turns out that since Intel has changed little in their Bluetooth stack, this custom Apt-X driver is compatible with most if not all of Intel’s Wi-Fi cards that have been released over the last few years. I have confirmed it to work on Windows 10 with my Intel 9260 Wi-Fi card.

Source:

Gona give this a try later. Thanks!

Edit: Works perfectly on Windows 10 with the x370 taichi motherboard.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #4,293 of 6,675

Source:

It works for my integrated Intel AC 8265 Bluetooth audio in my Lenovo Yoga 720.

Mar 18, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #4,294 of 6,675

Source:

Gona give this a try later. Thanks!

Edit: Works perfectly on Windows 10 with the x370 taichi motherboard.
Thanks @Hifihedgehog, nice find!
I don’t even have to test it since I have the same MB as @Jearly410 - take a Taichi high five :raised_hand:
Opens up interesting possibilities since my desktop dac/amp supports aptX, mmmmh...

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #4,295 of 6,675
Thanks @Hifihedgehog, nice find!
I don’t even have to test it since I have the same MB as @Jearly410 - take a Taichi high five :raised_hand:
Opens up interesting possibilities since my desktop dac/amp supports aptX, mmmmh...
I used this (Network_Application_100J9_WN32_17.1.1530.31_A00) file specifically. Didn't try the other since it worked.

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #4,296 of 6,675
Pro tip: You can easily upgrade the Wi-Fi cards in many of these motherboards (those on many laptops, as long as the cards are whitelisted, and practically all desktops) since they use standardized PCIe M.2 Key E M.2 2230 Wi-Fi cards. I upgraded my ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING from a Realtek generic economy model to the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 card. You can purchase them for around $19.99 on Amazon such as at this product page:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-Ac-9260-2230-Gigabit/dp/B079QH5KW1/

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #4,297 of 6,675
Just a quick question: Why hasn't Radsone yet brought 24-bit USB audio support for the ES100 to Windows? Host devices definitely aren't a roadblock from a strictly hardware perspective. In fact, macOS-based Hackintosh instantly enabled 24-bit audio over USB. If they could just release a Windows driver or a firmware update to enable this, it would be a huge win for everyone.

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #4,298 of 6,675
Just a quick question: Why hasn't Radsone yet brought 24-bit USB audio support for the ES100 to Windows? Host devices definitely aren't a roadblock from a strictly hardware perspective. In fact, macOS-based Hackintosh instantly enabled 24-bit audio over USB. If they could just release a Windows driver or a firmware update to enable this, it would be a huge win for everyone.
I think it has to do with USB Audio 1.0 support in the CSR8675 SoC. 24-bit for macOS was a bit of a workaround, according to Radsone.

I don’t personally need 24-bit USB support, but it would enable better third-party AudioPrecision test routines that could help quantify this device’s raw performance.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #4,299 of 6,675
I really wish that they would change the crossfeed implementation to the Meier crossfeed that Foobar2000 uses. The current algorithm sounds off and I would greatly prefer having a crossfeed instead of having to always enable one by selecting software that explicitly features it like MPC-HC and Foobar2000 Mobile. That all said, with all potentially damaging sound processing bells and whistles like DCT and crossfeed disable, though, sound quality of this amp/DAC combo itself is amazing. The ES100 is basically a grown-up, level-upped Sansa Clip for our modern age of smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth and USB-equipped devices.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #4,302 of 6,675
It may not be possible, but the one thing remaining on my Earstudio wishlist would to be able to adjust it's analog volume level from my phones hardware buttons. No screen needed nor do I need to be close to the actual unit when hooked up through my home stereo. Happy with the weight, button layout and clip. Just that one added feature(ok maybe windows 24bit as well) would go a long way in improving my usage scenario. 15 months in, still in love.

Anyone with 2 units:Have you tried a dual Earstudio, multizone or 4.0 surround bluetooth setup with voicemeeter? Curious to know if the audio delay adjustment is needed when outputting two simultaneous ES instances. Come to think of it I could just borrow my buds ES to test..

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #4,303 of 6,675
A while ago, I did ask if there is a possibility to add a functionalty to turn off the ES100, after no input signal was detected. This functionalty could be selectable via the app. No respobse yet from Radsone.
Does a Radsone rep. participate in this forum?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #4,304 of 6,675
A while ago, I did ask if there is a possibility to add a functionalty to turn off the ES100, after no input signal was detected. This functionalty could be selectable via the app. No respobse yet from Radsone.
Does a Radsone rep. participate in this forum?
Thanks.

I have the same question... I was hoping to be able to listen to ambient sound even when audio is paused!

I hate having to remove my in-ears and break the seal when I want to hear what someone has to say. If I long press forward to listen to ambient sound only I will miss parts of the audiobook I'm listening to.

Unfortunately Radsone doesn't seem to be active in this thread.

Brgds... /Thomas

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #4,305 of 6,675
I have the same question... I was hoping to be able to listen to ambient sound even when audio is paused!

I hate having to remove my in-ears and break the seal when I want to hear what someone has to say. If I long press forward to listen to ambient sound only I will miss parts of the audiobook I'm listening to.

Unfortunately Radsone doesn't seem to be active in this thread.

Brgds... /Thomas
Thomas, this is something I could use every day. I'd like a medium-duration press to pause music and activate Ambient Sound, simultaneously. A short press could deactivate Ambient Sound, and resume playing. I have little use for Ambient Sound while music is playing; if I needed that, I'd use open-back earphones.

@wslee used to be very active (175 postings) on this forum. The last post from him was 2018-07-02. The last I've heard about the situation was in Post #1735 from a moderator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back