Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 13, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #4,276 of 6,675

I have noticed this issue also with my LG V20.. It usually happens to me when I mess with the EQ, after so much micro adjusting it will eventually show a blank screen momentarily, and then the app will appear as if it is not connected - ie - everything is greyed out.. But the music is still playing and I can pause, play, skip tracks on the ES100 but the app is locked up... the only way to correct this for me is to reboot the ES100..

+1 For me it's enough just to shortly plug it in for charge.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #4,278 of 6,675
You're lucky, the new once get shipped with F/w 2.0.2 pre installed. what's your real world battery live?
After 8 months of ownership I'm still getting 9+ hours. Got 12-13 when it was new. Use it all day about 2-3 times a week. Mostly with easy to drive ear buds. Vido sounds great with the ES100.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #4,279 of 6,675
You're lucky, the new once get shipped with F/w 2.0.2 pre installed. what's your real world battery live?

After 8 months of ownership I'm still getting 9+ hours. Got 12-13 when it was new. Use it all day about 2-3 times a week. Mostly with easy to drive ear buds. Vido sounds great with the ES100.

I held off on upgrading the firmware for a while, but I've been on version 2 for a couple of months now. I don't know exactly how long the battery lasts for me (ldac, also after approx 8 months of ownership), but it's probably over 8 hours. No problems for me at all.

Mar 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #4,280 of 6,675
for real, how are we supposed to get warranty/RMA support? My clip broke (metal hinge pin sheared on one side), it makes the ES100 quite useless to me. I've sent emails via the app, sent email via their contact form, and sent a facebook message and not a single reply from the company.

At this rate id rather cut my losses and go to Fiio.

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #4,281 of 6,675
for real, how are we supposed to get warranty/RMA support? My clip broke (metal hinge pin sheared on one side), it makes the ES100 quite useless to me. I've sent emails via the app, sent email via their contact form, and sent a facebook message and not a single reply from the company.

At this rate id rather cut my losses and go to Fiio.

How does Fiio handle it if you break the clip?

Btw, I'm not defending not getting any response back. When did you send your correspondence?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #4,282 of 6,675
How does Fiio handle it if you break the clip?

Btw, I'm not defending not getting any response back. When did you send your correspondence?

Fiio's support sends an automated reply to confirm receiving the mail. then generally someone reaches out within 24-48 business hours. Dunno how their actual RMA process goes, never had to RMA somethign specifically but I've utilized their support before, it is phenomenal. They are also extremely active on both their facebook pages and their own forums.

I do want to mention, it turns out my clip didnt "break" per se. There are 2 metal caps on the sides holding the hinge in place. one of those caps apparently had the glue fail, so the hinge slowly creeped out and got undone from the other (still capped) side. I found a safety pin and pushed the hinge back in place. The cap on the other side "oozed" off, the glue on that was degraded as well. I then used super glue to sort of spackle over where the caps were, so hopefully once thats dry it should hold in place pretty well.

I still have my first gen fiio X3 that ive been using as a dac and it hasnt missed a beat yet, and i bought that thing AGES ago, so no idea how fiio's specific RMA process works. Sort of hard to damage something or have components fail when you're encased in a solid metal chassis lol

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #4,283 of 6,675
Fiio's support sends an automated reply to confirm receiving the mail. then generally someone reaches out within 24-48 business hours. Dunno how their actual RMA process goes, never had to RMA somethign specifically but I've utilized their support before, it is phenomenal. They are also extremely active on both their facebook pages and their own forums.

I do want to mention, it turns out my clip didnt "break" per se. There are 2 metal caps on the sides holding the hinge in place. one of those caps apparently had the glue fail, so the hinge slowly creeped out and got undone from the other (still capped) side. I found a safety pin and pushed the hinge back in place. The cap on the other side "oozed" off, the glue on that was degraded as well. I then used super glue to sort of spackle over where the caps were, so hopefully once thats dry it should hold in place pretty well.

I still have my first gen fiio X3 that ive been using as a dac and it hasnt missed a beat yet, and i bought that thing AGES ago, so no idea how fiio's specific RMA process works. Sort of hard to damage something or have components fail when you're encased in a solid metal chassis lol
FiiO is a huge company...Radsone not so much

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #4,284 of 6,675

Had the same exact issue and applied the same fix to my es100 about 2 months ago. It unfortunately ended up in washing machine. Didn't want to just buy another one so I purchased btr3 to try it. I was very surprised. Absolutely less power, but for iem and 50ohm and less headphones, I actually like sound of the Fiio more, so I kept it. ES100 is amazing, but I rarely if ever used the eq, and wanted to try competitor since I HAD to replace

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #4,286 of 6,675
@RobinFood
Only the latest firmware is offered by Radsone. Maybe someone here can upload the firmware you want.
I'm on the latest firmware, which works fine for me.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #4,287 of 6,675
Is it possible to download older firmware? What is the best firmware?
Please keep in mind that if you are on v2.0 or later, installing a version earlier than 2.0 will brick your ES100.

Mar 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #4,288 of 6,675
Hey guys,

Curious if anyone has used a similar adapter that also includes ANC. Since ANC is just microphone and software dependent (as I understand it), seems it could be added to Es100 with a firmware update, like Nuraphone did. Love my Amiron Wireless, and the ANC of Sony and was thinking about an AnC version of Es100 to use with my DT 1770. Works with the es100 already, but I've gotten so used to sony's ANC that even try nominal noise from using the DT 1770 in the gym really bothers me. Alternatively, if someone wants to put the Amiron Wireless driver in the Sony XM3 for me and then migrate it into a V Moda Crossfades 2 housing, that's even better! :wink:

Thx

Mar 17, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #4,290 of 6,675
Oh, got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back