Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 11, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #4,248 of 6,675
After a year of heavy usage the clip on my ES100 broke last week and now the play/pause button is not working properly. I'll probably wait for the Accessport Air to arrive and if I still miss the ES100 I'll get another one....

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #4,249 of 6,675
After a year of heavy usage the clip on my ES100 broke last week and now the play/pause button is not working properly. I'll probably wait for the Accessport Air to arrive and if I still miss the ES100 I'll get another one....

Sorry to hear that. If was just the clip, there are various crazy glue options lol. But crazy glue won't fix the the play/pause button!

I just looked at the Accessport Air. What tickles your fancy about it?

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #4,252 of 6,675
Yes, using the App on my Iphone 6. I got a reply from Ear Sudio and they suggested to do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Hope so as I am really digging this little thing. Especially with my Meze 99 Gold Classsics! Sounds great with all of my HP's but something with the Meze 99 pairing is beautiful. Just ordered a pair of HE4XX and curious if this guy will have enough juice to power them using the 2.5 balanced out? Anybody tried this?
Dumb question, but you're using the EQ from the app, correct?

And yes, there is a delay. So if you move the slider up & down, it won't register until you release it. If it's not working, I'd delete the app, reinstall, and unpair then re-pair the ES100.
So Did both the factory reset and also deleted and reinstalled the App, deleted the BT connection and re established and still hear no difference using the EQ. Whether using as HP amp or preamp to my stereo! WTH? Maybe I got a defective unit! Not sure but very disappointed at this point! May try and send it back for exchange. So wanted to love this unit, but not happy at this point! EQ was the feature that sold me on this little guy! Sucks!!

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #4,255 of 6,675
Sorry to hear that. If was just the clip, there are various crazy glue options lol. But crazy glue won't fix the the play/pause button!

I just looked at the Accessport Air. What tickles your fancy about it?

Tbh I don't think that it'll outperform the ES100 but I've already backed the project so I think I'll check it out before getting another ES100. It's also difficult for me to buy the ES100 from Norway due to taxes and expensive shipping (it would probably cost me close to $200). I can get it delivered to my parents in Sweden but it'll take a while before I'd be able to pick it up there.

Balanced is not important to me as long as the single ended option is well implemented (I don't believe that a balanced output is always better than a single ended one).

I've got plenty of small DACs that I prefer over the ES100 so this functionality is not important to me.

I also don't feel like supporting FiiO for several reasons so they're not an option for me.

I don't know if this answer your question but it's the way I'm thinking :wink:

Edit; I will probably try to superglue the clip before the other side breaks as well.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #4,256 of 6,675
I'd like to be able to attach the ES-100 to my belt but have so far not found any kind of holder that will do this without the device ending up hanging around my knees. Does anybody here have a solution?

No more hanging around the knees lol
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/radsone-earstudio.867366/page-260#post-14730828

20190120_203452.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #4,257 of 6,675
Tbh I don't think that it'll outperform the ES100 but I've already backed the project so I think I'll check it out before getting another ES100. It's also difficult for me to buy the ES100 from Norway due to taxes and expensive shipping (it would probably cost me close to $200). I can get it delivered to my parents in Sweden but it'll take a while before I'd be able to pick it up there.

Balanced is not important to me as long as the single ended option is well implemented (I don't believe that a balanced output is always better than a single ended one).

I've got plenty of small DACs that I prefer over the ES100 so this functionality is not important to me.

I also don't feel like supporting FiiO for several reasons so they're not an option for me.

I don't know if this answer your question but it's the way I'm thinking :wink:

Edit; I will probably try to superglue the clip before the other side breaks as well.

That makes as much sense as anything! It's too bad that you get gouged so much in Norway.

As far as fixing the clip is concerned, the "phone clip / es100" that I posted a picture of works quite well, and I might just glue the es100 to it instead of using the dual lock. The only downside is that the clip is as big as the es100.

Edit: mind you, the dual lock does allow me to switch to my retrofitted shanling M0 clip (which doesn't clip very well):
20190312_130307-756x1008.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #4,258 of 6,675
Advanced didn't incorporate a balanced bc none of their products have balanced cables. I backed project as I'm a fan of Adv and I will probably gift it to my dad and get him on the BT train. I wish it had AptX as their M3 BT cable has it but AAC is still better than SBC

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #4,260 of 6,675
That looks perfect, so the clip is from a phone case? The clip on the ES-100 is too weak in it's grip strength I find.

Yes, I had an old broken blackberry phone case. I just yanked the clip off and then attached some 3M dual lock. See spoiler for images:
20190312_135847_resized.jpg 20190312_135855_resized.jpg
20190312_140227_resized.jpg
20190120_203452.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back