Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3,886 of 6,675
It happens in iTunes as well as in youtube. Not always though, there has to be a certain amount of silence between two events, almost as if it went into standby and then resumed with that freaking fade in. It's also not happening with any other output. I'm confused.com.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #3,891 of 6,675
Calm down Randy. First of all you quoted me replying to someone else. And that someone else asked for an adapter from 2.5mm to 3.5mm so that they can connect their head/earphones' balanced jack to an unbalanced output like an airplane jack. Which was also my question why I was quoted in one post together with one person.
I do owe you an apology, completely misunderstood the question, my bad.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #3,892 of 6,675
I had broken my ES100 clip, so I retrofitted a Shanling M0 case/clip as shown here:

Sadly I somehow lost that clip!

I needed to get a clip onto the ES100 pronto (which I mainly clip to my belt), so after a quick trip to the dollarstore I threw this together (with the help of some 3M dual lock tape):

20190119_111314_resized.jpg 20190119_112452_resized.jpg 20190119_112601_resized.jpg 20190119_112610_resized.jpg

It ain't pretty, but it's actually doing the job nicely and will tie me over until I can find a more elegant clip.

Sidenote: one benefit of using 3M dual lock is that I can put the ES100 upside down on the clip if I want to (which works better for me when using the 2.5mm port).

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #3,894 of 6,675
I have an M0 case that I don't use. How did you mod it?

I just cut off the sides and slapped on some 3m dual lock - see the photo in the spoiler in my last post.

Btw, I yanked off the clip from an old phone case, and I think I'll stick with this:

20190120_203452.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #3,895 of 6,675
Renaming the ES100???
Has anyone figured out if it’s possible to rename the Bluetooth broadcast name from “EarStudio” to something else. I have 3 of these connected as preamps on 3 different amps and I connect to 2 different DAPs and my iPhone. The es100 always auto-pairs to my other DAPs with its 2nd BT connection. It’s a PITA. would be nice to name them all differently. A review website said it is possible but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out. Thanks

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #3,896 of 6,675
Renaming the ES100???
Has anyone figured out if it’s possible to rename the Bluetooth broadcast name from “EarStudio” to something else. I have 3 of these connected as preamps on 3 different amps and I connect to 2 different DAPs and my iPhone. The es100 always auto-pairs to my other DAPs with its 2nd BT connection. It’s a PITA. would be nice to name them all differently. A review website said it is possible but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out. Thanks
I'm able to do it on Android but not iOS.

On Android, go to the list of paired devices in Bluetooth settings. Tap on the settings (gear icon) of the device to rename.

On iOS, the procedure is similar (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205348). However, on my iPhone 8, there is no option to change the name as shown in the instructions. The instructions have a small note that says "Some Bluetooth accessories can't be renamed." If you Google "iphone rename bluetooth device", it seems that most users are unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #3,897 of 6,675

On Android, go to the list of paired devices in Bluetooth settings. Tap on the settings (gear icon) of the device to rename.

On iOS, the procedure is similar (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205348). However, on my iPhone 8, there is no option to change the name as shown in the instructions. The instructions have a small note that says "Some Bluetooth accessories can't be renamed." If you Google "iphone rename bluetooth device", it seems that most users are unsuccessful.

The updated BT name does not affect the Earstudio device name as it is manifested in the (Earstudio app) Device Search screen.
There, I distinguish between devices by the MAC addresses.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #3,898 of 6,675
But one thing has to be said, this thing sounds freaking amazing as an USB DAC, I have it set to 48KHz/24bit and it sounds lush.

It's all about the implementation.

Jan 21, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #3,899 of 6,675

Thanks rkw & zolom. Yeah, that only soft encodes it in the connected device but doesn’t hard encode the ES100. So I’m sure it will still auto connect to secondary devices. I wish Radsone would give an option during firmware update or in the app to allow us to change it in the ES100. It would help a lot.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #3,900 of 6,675
I don't know if anyone found out about this but I just ordered Fiio new short cable....will update this Wednesday if anyone interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KVZWW73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been waiting for a decent short cable without going to balanced route....This looks like gonna be good with my SE846 on ES100 :)

***Correction: I was so excited to find this on Amazon but apparently it's been released for awhile....my bad :) (still excited though!!!!)

41AbRAVh1jL.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back