Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 21, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #3,901 of 6,675
I don't know if anyone found out about this but I just ordered Fiio new short cable....will update this Wednesday if anyone interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KVZWW73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been waiting for a decent short cable without going to balanced route....This looks like gonna be good with my SE846 on ES100 :)

***Correction: I was so excited to find this on Amazon but apparently it's been released for awhile....my bad :) (still excited though!!!!)

Don’t feel bad, @Marco Angel and I were talking with @JamesFiiO about this a while ago, and this is the first I’ve heard about the release. Glad to see thinner ear hooks and a chin slider. Ordered one this evening. Thanks!

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,902 of 6,675
I don't know if anyone found out about this but I just ordered Fiio new short cable....will update this Wednesday if anyone interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KVZWW73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been waiting for a decent short cable without going to balanced route....This looks like gonna be good with my SE846 on ES100 :)

***Correction: I was so excited to find this on Amazon but apparently it's been released for awhile....my bad :) (still excited though!!!!)

I have a set of FiiO .78 2-pin cables like that. Didn’t like them too much due to stiffness and micro phonics. Other than that the sound and fit was good.

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #3,903 of 6,675
I have a set of FiiO .78 2-pin cables like that. Didn’t like them too much due to stiffness and micro phonics. Other than that the sound and fit was good.

Yeah I've also got one at normal length and hate it due to the reasons you mention. Hopefully they've developed it to be better in the short version, if not there's plenty of better alternatives (especially for normal length) for less money these days.

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #3,905 of 6,675
For those that have made custom cables, what length did you end up settling with?

I didn't make it myself but the length I went for was 40cm which was just enough to clip it onto my shirt collar and still be able to move my head about freely.

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #3,906 of 6,675
56598E20-9A93-4F71-8038-A5E6000030EA.jpeg I also purchased that FiiO short cable and have been using it for a day or two. It is 45 cm in length and is long enough to allow freedom of movement when I have the ES-100 attached to my collar, but not too long where it is a nuisance. Microphonics are not an issue at all. For the money it’s not bad. I would prefer to have a shorter version of the cable offered with the FA7- shown in the pic below since it tangles a lot less.

I also have the Fiio BT cable- black cable shown in the pic. I love that cable since it is compact, easy to use, but obviously does not connec to the ES-100, but it sure is convenient.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #3,907 of 6,675

That looks nice... 2 pin gets no love. -_-

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #3,908 of 6,675
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #3,909 of 6,675
New issue (for me) listening via USB to a MacOS Mojave client machine while also connected over BT to my phone - GPM devolves into a burst of crackles, then stops playing - my ES hasn't lived the most sheltered life, and has given me hiccups before, but nothing like this.
Without a reboot I can't seem to get any audio out of it on BT or USB.

Troubleshooting help would be great, I am on latest firmware (flashed this morning after my first crash).

Edit: after reboot I've made it through a few songs on BT without incident, playing the same album. Going to swap USB cables and see if that is related.

Edit2: different USB cable, same result - approx 1 minute in ES crashes and ceases to function

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #3,910 of 6,675
I also purchased that FiiO short cable and have been using it for a day or two. It is 45 cm in length and is long enough to allow freedom of movement when I have the ES-100 attached to my collar, but not too long where it is a nuisance. Microphonics are not an issue at all. For the money it’s not bad. I would prefer to have a shorter version of the cable offered with the FA7- shown in the pic below since it tangles a lot less.

I also have the Fiio BT cable- black cable shown in the pic. I love that cable since it is compact, easy to use, but obviously does not connec to the ES-100, but it sure is convenient.
noice :)

BTW, do you think it's possible to remove the outside part near the MMCX terminal? To make it more flexible?

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #3,913 of 6,675
But one thing has to be said, this thing sounds freaking amazing as an USB DAC, I have it set to 48KHz/24bit and it sounds lush.

And I can't get over how much worse same content sounds via Bluetooth. It feels like a watered down coke that you'd get from a dispenser vs a genuine bottled product (I'm from Europe so no high fructose BS for us here).

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #3,914 of 6,675
And I can't get over how much worse same content sounds via Bluetooth. It feels like a watered down coke that you'd get from a dispenser vs a genuine bottled product (I'm from Europe so no high fructose BS for us here).

As long as you are using AptX or above there really shouldn't be a significant (meaning easily audible) difference over an advanced BT codec vs USB (at least when using a receiver such as the ES100.) You might want to verify that you a not using SBC.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #3,915 of 6,675
As long as you are using AptX or above there really shouldn't be a significant (meaning easily audible) difference over an advanced BT codec vs USB (at least when using a receiver such as the ES100.) You might want to verify that you a not using SBC.

Yeah, but how? I'm not doing anything special, it is connected to my iPhone via BT and that's it, there's not much I can configure there, is it? Unless I'm missing the obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back