1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271
Next

Last
  1. mhoopes
    Don’t feel bad, @Marco Angel and I were talking with @JamesFiiO about this a while ago, and this is the first I’ve heard about the release. Glad to see thinner ear hooks and a chin slider. Ordered one this evening. Thanks!

2. hsdrggr
    I have a set of FiiO .78 2-pin cables like that. Didn’t like them too much due to stiffness and micro phonics. Other than that the sound and fit was good.

3. peter123
    Yeah I've also got one at normal length and hate it due to the reasons you mention. Hopefully they've developed it to be better in the short version, if not there's plenty of better alternatives (especially for normal length) for less money these days.

4. canonlp
    For those that have made custom cables, what length did you end up settling with?

5. Rowethren
    I didn't make it myself but the length I went for was 40cm which was just enough to clip it onto my shirt collar and still be able to move my head about freely.

Impulse likes this.
  6. SeeD
    56598E20-9A93-4F71-8038-A5E6000030EA.jpeg I also purchased that FiiO short cable and have been using it for a day or two. It is 45 cm in length and is long enough to allow freedom of movement when I have the ES-100 attached to my collar, but not too long where it is a nuisance. Microphonics are not an issue at all. For the money it’s not bad. I would prefer to have a shorter version of the cable offered with the FA7- shown in the pic below since it tangles a lot less.

I also have the Fiio BT cable- black cable shown in the pic. I love that cable since it is compact, easy to use, but obviously does not connec to the ES-100, but it sure is convenient.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Impulse likes this.
  7. Impulse
    That looks nice... 2 pin gets no love. -_-

8. hsdrggr
  9. NWLierly
    New issue (for me) listening via USB to a MacOS Mojave client machine while also connected over BT to my phone - GPM devolves into a burst of crackles, then stops playing - my ES hasn't lived the most sheltered life, and has given me hiccups before, but nothing like this.
    Without a reboot I can't seem to get any audio out of it on BT or USB.

Troubleshooting help would be great, I am on latest firmware (flashed this morning after my first crash).

Edit: after reboot I've made it through a few songs on BT without incident, playing the same album. Going to swap USB cables and see if that is related.

Edit2: different USB cable, same result - approx 1 minute in ES crashes and ceases to function

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. stormers
    noice :)

BTW, do you think it's possible to remove the outside part near the MMCX terminal? To make it more flexible?

11. SeeD
    It would take some careful cutting with a very steady hand. Not worth that risk- for me.
    Actually- that earshield would be of help long term - so the cable doesn’t harden from sweat, oils...etc.

Impulse likes this.
  12. stormers
    I see your point. It does look good with ES100

13. LTDJ
    And I can't get over how much worse same content sounds via Bluetooth. It feels like a watered down coke that you'd get from a dispenser vs a genuine bottled product (I'm from Europe so no high fructose BS for us here).

14. ILikeMusic
    As long as you are using AptX or above there really shouldn't be a significant (meaning easily audible) difference over an advanced BT codec vs USB (at least when using a receiver such as the ES100.) You might want to verify that you a not using SBC.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  15. LTDJ
    Yeah, but how? I'm not doing anything special, it is connected to my iPhone via BT and that's it, there's not much I can configure there, is it? Unless I'm missing the obvious.

First

Back
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271
Next

Last