Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 2, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #1,336 of 6,675
Can you guys please take the codex arguments to the sound science part of this forum.

I feel like it's a never ending discussion (like Android vs Apple) and it doesn't belong to the topic of this thead imo.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #1,337 of 6,675
Have you guys enabled crossfeed ? From what i understand, it is helpful for older recordings, (such as Stairway to Heaven), where there are parts, where sound is coming from only one side . Otherwise, do you perceive a positive difference?

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,338 of 6,675
[Quote removed by Mod]

Edit: misunderstanding of what is output and what is input.

Screenshot_20180602-184807_EarStudio.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 2, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,339 of 6,675
Eh, I should look careful what was link for adapter. In my area "from" means source of signal. So unbalanced output can be converted to balanced input by cable - not going to become balanced signal at all, but it will work.

I apologize for confusion. My bad.

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,340 of 6,675
Edit: misunderstanding of what is output and what is input.

Just to make sure, which one did you say it's okay to do:
1. Connect my unbalanced headphones to balanced input (2.5mm)

Or

2. Connect my balanced headphones to unbalanced input (3.5mm)?

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #1,341 of 6,675
Just to make sure, which one did you say it's okay to do:
1. Connect my unbalanced headphones to balanced input (2.5mm)

Or

2. Connect my balanced headphones to unbalanced input (3.5mm)?

With an adapter (2.5mm balanced female to 3.5mm SE male) you can connect your balanced headphone to the SE 3.5mm output. Of course there's no reason to do this but if you've got a nice balanced cable and would like to use your headphones/IEM's with a single ended source it may be more convenient just to add an adapter instead of changing the whole cable. I hope this makes sense.

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,342 of 6,675
With an adapter (2.5mm balanced female to 3.5mm SE male) you can connect your balanced headphone to the SE 3.5mm output. Of course there's no reason to do this but if you've got a nice balanced cable and would like to use your headphones/IEM's with a single ended source it may be more convenient just to add an adapter instead of changing the whole cable. I hope this makes sense.

No mate, i already know the answer, i just want to make sure which one @SubMash was talking about :jecklinsmile:

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,345 of 6,675
@wslee and others: I have a couple concerns with my ES100. Anyone else notice the first one?

Has anyone had the same issue with changing voice call volume not affect output volume on es100? It seems my call source volume is like 100%. So each call I have to turn the ES100 way down and slowly at that. Then after music resumes and it's too quiet and I have to turn it back up. This is on a Samsung S7.

Is there any chance to make the status LED configurable? I watch a lot of movies in the dark and it's quite annoying. I will tape over it for now.

Jun 3, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #1,346 of 6,675
@wslee and others: I have a couple concerns with my ES100. Anyone else notice the first one?

Has anyone had the same issue with changing voice call volume not affect output volume on es100? It seems my call source volume is like 100%. So each call I have to turn the ES100 way down and slowly at that. Then after music resumes and it's too quiet and I have to turn it back up. This is on a Samsung S7.

Is there any chance to make the status LED configurable? I watch a lot of movies in the dark and it's quite annoying. I will tape over it for now.

I dont have that particular issue, my issue is that the device loses connection to the app at times. I think its mostly if I close down the app and then try to restart it. Then the ES100 wont be able to connect to the app until I restart it.

Also the EQ doesn't get reseted probarly after a restart at times. It can be on the "Rock setting" in the meny but still be flat.

And yees, I agree with the whole LED notification, I'ld like to control it.

Jun 3, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,347 of 6,675
If you are not happy with the current stuff you own because of any of the reasons Submash mentioned, but you are quite happy with it because in you opinion your gear works fine, then you are cursed to repeat buysing process instead of enjoying listening to music on your current gear. Happy those who do not go back to any of the HeadFi threads. Just saying - I am only pointing you back to what is important. Listen to music occasionally and do not waste time discussing. Submash's hobby is to play game with your concepts, but listening to music and not going back here to forums is better hobby.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,348 of 6,675
I dont have that particular issue, my issue is that the device loses connection to the app at times. I think its mostly if I close down the app and then try to restart it. Then the ES100 wont be able to connect to the app until I restart it.

Also the EQ doesn't get reseted probarly after a restart at times. It can be on the "Rock setting" in the meny but still be flat.

And yees, I agree with the whole LED notification, I'ld like to control it.

I don't think I have run into that particular bug with the app not seeing the device yet. Nor the EQ improper state bug. I will have to watch out for it to see if I can reproduce the issue.

It's really tough with LEDs these days. Tape on everything. Props to Radsone for not making it blindingly bright at least.

Yes, a soap opera of codecs. On Jun11, my Samsung S7 should be upgraded to Oreo. I'm hoping I can then listen to the AAC episode of the soap opera to find out what it's all about lol

Do you have the same volume control problem for in call volume as me? I have an S7 as well. Canadian Oreo update should be June 11th.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,349 of 6,675
Subsequent codec posts and balanced <-> unbalanced rant deleted. Keep this thread civil, folks.

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,350 of 6,675
Subsequent codec posts and balanced <-> unbalanced rant deleted. Keep this thread civil, folks.

That's a very lossy coded youre sporting!

Just joking - I dont mind at all that you did that.

The links in your sig are interesting. You (and all moderators) should include a link to "banned sellers" because its hard to keep track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back