Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 21, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #5,161 of 6,675
My ES100 looks facing some difficulties to be properly connected to both my two different computers at home (Windows 10). I remarked that if I plug the USB plug to the max, the device is not recognized and there is BUS issues, but if I plug it very gently (not to the max then), the device is properly recognized as a working DAC unit.
Not sure if you guys face the same issue? or maybe it's just due to my unit

I tried reflashing the full last firmware but it remains the same.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #5,162 of 6,675
My ES100 looks facing some difficulties to be properly connected to both my two different computers at home (Windows 10). I remarked that if I plug the USB plug to the max, the device is not recognized and there is BUS issues, but if I plug it very gently (not to the max then), the device is properly recognized as a working DAC unit.
Not sure if you guys face the same issue? or maybe it's just due to my unit

I tried reflashing the full last firmware but it remains the same.

I'd try another cable and would clean USB connectors with care.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #5,164 of 6,675
I'm sorry mate. But it seems to be something physical. Do you have a third cable to try? Due that you already tried in two different computers, I'd focus on cable until be 100% sure. Anyway, hope you can solve it one way or another.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,165 of 6,675
I'm sorry mate. But it seems to be something physical. Do you have a third cable to try? Due that you already tried in two different computers, I'd focus on cable until be 100% sure. Anyway, hope you can solve it one way or another.
WIll try with few other cables yup, thanks for your input :v:

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #5,166 of 6,675
You were right! depending on the cable used, the issue occurs.
So, looks like the stock USB cable that came with my unit is "defective" :frowning2:
Thanks again

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #5,167 of 6,675
You were right! depending on the cable used, the issue occurs.
So, looks like the stock USB cable that came with my unit is "defective" :frowning2:
Thanks again
Very happy you found the issue! Now you can enjoy ES100 again :)

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #5,168 of 6,675
It's very easy, and you can wait to use the app until you figure out what little there is about the Magic Box. Once it's paired, you honestly don't have to use it much if you don't want - you can control most basic functions with your phone (but get the source and output volumes set in the app). I keep the input volume maxed and then set the output in the app or on the ES100. But the app will give you a lot of options for sound control, and I'd encourage you to try it. Just don't unplug the headphones while it's playing.

You also want to update the FW which can honestly be the most tricky thing for the device

@cskippy owns one and uses it quite often - if you need any help with it, you can get a hold of him or I. We both should be able to help you out if you run any issues. That being said - it should be pretty easy to use if you are OK with installing an app on your smart device. Your vape setup is probably more sophisticated. :D
Thank you guys!
Seems like this will be pretty simple. By the way, I’m an expert with my vape so this should be a breeze. :o2smile:

I’ve already downloaded the app and that’s where I could run into problems. Using the EQ won’t be an issue but I was looking at everything else the app has to offer and that’s where I started sweating it.
I may be contacting you @M3NTAL or @cskippy

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #5,170 of 6,675
Great synergy with the Radsone ES100 + HE100. So far so good. :)

I’ll eventually get my “winning” HE100 so I’m looking forward to this exact combo.
I guess shipping to the states is a bit more difficult and time restrained. I’m still as happy as I could get because winning anything at all is a nice bonus.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #5,171 of 6,675
Thank you guys!
Seems like this will be pretty simple. By the way, I’m an expert with my vape so this should be a breeze. :o2smile:

I’ve already downloaded the app and that’s where I could run into problems. Using the EQ won’t be an issue but I was looking at everything else the app has to offer and that’s where I started sweating it.
I may be contacting you @M3NTAL or @cskippy
I have a Mac but am a Windows user so that may be where I ran into the difficult FW update issues

The app itself is easy, just play around with the settings and find what you like

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #5,172 of 6,675
I have a Mac but am a Windows user so that may be where I ran into the difficult FW update issues

The app itself is easy, just play around with the settings and find what you like
The FW updating process could be easier, at least speaking from a Mac user, but it's not awful. They could have packaged the update differently, or better yet, made it possible through the app like other pieces of equipment. I will credit Radsone with a pretty good step-by-step instruction process on the website.

I wish everyone would make an app like the EarStudio one. There is so much to play around with and see what you like.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #5,174 of 6,675
Just received an answer from the support (3 days later) from Radsone about my issue of the stock USB cable, and unfortunately they can't do anything for me. I'm very surprised to see that many can have their units replacement very easily and that I can't be satisfied for just a defective USB cable to be replaced.
Totally unsatisfied with the Radsone support for now.
I will have then to return my full unit to Amazon just to get a new cable. That's just inadmissible for more than 100$ spend on that ES100. Disappointed.. :frowning2:
If the support begin like this, finally not sure I will renew my adventure with Radsone.
I will have to tell this story in all amazon pages too.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #5,175 of 6,675
Just received an answer from the support (3 days later) from Radsone about my issue of the stock USB cable, and unfortunately they can't do anything for me. I'm very surprised to see that many can have their units replacement very easily and that I can't be satisfied for just a defective USB cable to be replaced.
Totally unsatisfied with the Radsone support for now.
I will have then to return my full unit to Amazon just to get a new cable. That's just inadmissible for more than 100$ spend on that ES100. Disappointed.. :frowning2:
If the support begin like this, finally not sure I will renew my adventure with Radsone.
I will have to tell this story in all amazon pages too.

I honestly don't understand the problem. Isn't it normal that stuff bought from Amazon are returned to them? If Amazon rules are that the full package should be returned in exchange for a new one it seems strange to me to ask someone in South Korea for another solution....

Just my 2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back