1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last
  1. gordec
    I'm also running balanced. I think ES100 sounds very smooth so you lose some layering and dynamics. I'll let it burn in for a few days.

2. rkw
    I have battery management enabled and the charge stays below 70%-80%. I normally use the ES100 on Bluetooth during my commute and as USB DAC on my laptop while in the office (I don't need additional separate charging beyond this). With battery management disabled under that same usage, it was charging to 100%.

subwoof3r and scotvl like this.
  3. radsone
    Hello guys, HE100 is now available at Amazon.com. We are also offering ES100 X HE100 bundle promotion. If you are interested, please check out the link below:L3000:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VB2Q8S9
    [​IMG]

EarStudio Stay updated on EarStudio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/radsoneinc www.twitter.com/radsoneinc https://www.radsone.com/earstudio support@radsone.com
    bidn, Slater, scotvl and 1 other person like this.
  4. subwoof3r
    By default the AK digital filter is set on "Slow Roll-Off", did you tried to set it on "Sharp Roll-off" instead ? it should be better as the first one tends to slightly cut off high frequencies to deliver smoother sound.
    Personally I prefer the sharp one as the whole freq is delivered as it should be from 20Khz-20Hz, so you will experience the best of your headphones within high freqs.
    Some people can't hear any difference between them (age issue?), but for me I hear a major one depending on the tracks (am 34 years old).

5. HungryPanda
    I'm a fan of Sharp roll off on my daps

subwoof3r likes this.
  6. gordec
    I tried all the roll-off options. I can't say i hear a major difference. I still prefer straight out of the Note 9. I feel with ES100 I hear larger sound stage but lost dynamics, clarity when the track gets busy. Also the treble sounds rolled off and bass is boomy and muddy. This could be from the digital upsampling Note 9 does.

It really doesn't sound bad, but i was hoping for a clear improvement from straight out of the phone. I'll keep playing with it. I'm upgrading to note 10 so I'm losing the jack regardless. It's Bluetooth or get an USB C dongle which i really don't want to go.

7. Slater
    Sharp roll-off, or Slow delay sharp roll-off?

What's the difference?

8. rbf1138
    I'm using my new ES100 with a laptop and iPhone (not at the same time) and was hoping you guys could give me some tips as to which settings I should toggle, set to certain options, etc. for the best performance. I'm only using the 3.5mm jack and only using IEMs. I'll be using it as a bluetooth receiver and also cabled as a DAC at times.

9. Lurk650
    I've been through all the filters, fwiw I'm 32, and for a while I was slow roll off then sharp roll off and recently to short delay sharp roll off. Also using 4x over sampling bc why not. I think I did also turn off the HD Jitter Cleaner as somebody recently said they notice an improvement in SQ, I did as well but it's subtle.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    scotvl, subwoof3r and Slater like this.
  10. subwoof3r
    I think this is the best graph I found to explain better the differences between them :

[​IMG]

Spent 1 hour yesterday to experiment between that HD jitter switch ON/OFF. I agree with you, looks like there is a bit less of "veil" by a very slight margin, but it's audible.
    Maybe the DCT turned off could be the same story (forced off in LDAC mode anyway) , let's see

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    bidn, Lurk650, scotvl and 1 other person like this.
  11. subwoof3r
    Tried today, and I can confirm it is also subtle but I find the ES100 even more dynamic with DCT turned off.
    so... subtle + subtle = WIN ! :D

scotvl and Slater like this.
  12. koover
    Ok guys, a complete ignorant newbie here when it comes to portable, high functional application DACS/amp.
    The closest thing I have is a DFR and a blind monkey can use it.
    With that said, I’m really not that tech savvy at all and am wondering how difficult the es100 is to use for someone like me?
    I’ll be pairing it with the HE100 (never owned or used and IEM either) and probably a bunch of over ear portable HP’s.
    I already own the device but haven’t had the time to even open the box yet.
    Much oblige for any responses and input.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  13. Mouseman
    It's very easy, and you can wait to use the app until you figure out what little there is about the Magic Box. Once it's paired, you honestly don't have to use it much if you don't want - you can control most basic functions with your phone (but get the source and output volumes set in the app). I keep the input volume maxed and then set the output in the app or on the ES100. But the app will give you a lot of options for sound control, and I'd encourage you to try it. Just don't unplug the headphones while it's playing.

14. Lurk650
    You also want to update the FW which can honestly be the most tricky thing for the device

Slater likes this.
  15. M3NTAL
    @cskippy owns one and uses it quite often - if you need any help with it, you can get a hold of him or I. We both should be able to help you out if you run any issues. That being said - it should be pretty easy to use if you are OK with installing an app on your smart device. Your vape setup is probably more sophisticated. :D

First

Back
334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
Next

Last