Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 25, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #5,191 of 6,675
I cannot see that ES100 wouldnt be able to drive any IEMs I can see that ES100 is able to drive any IEM's. It should be able to push 0.2W into 16Ohms - that is a lot of power.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #5,192 of 6,675
I cannot see that ES100 wouldnt be able to drive any IEMs. It should be able to push 0.2W into 16Ohms - that is a lot of power.
invalid statement as I have many iems and it drives everyone I have tried balanced or single ended

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #5,195 of 6,675
Yeah, looks like he misread your post and actually agrees with you. :)

However, in the case of Tin Audio P1, it is a planar magnetic IEM that actually does need as much power as an inefficient full size headphone.

I've edited my post since your reply so there is no more confusion.
EDIT: Actually edited my first post as it was pointed to me that double-negative concept of confirming something is not widely understood and might have confused HP and others. Sorry (but not really sorry) :)

As for the ES100/planar magnetic headphones - I have just tested my ES100 with Thieaudio Phantoms. While I can hear it lacks a bit of dynamics, the ES100 can drive it at quite ok volume levels. And it has 101mm planar driver.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #5,197 of 6,675
My units battery is already bad after buying in May. It is only lasting 3 hours at best. Contacted radsone about issue. Waiting for a response. I really like the es100.
I used it whit the battery care mode 1-5 hours a day since feburar this year a d did not even notice any change on the battery last

I took it every time from the cable when its fully loaded and just charged it when its nearly empty

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #5,199 of 6,675
Sorry, did you just say that all IEMs that you have you tried with ES100 with ease?

Why my statement is invalid then if I basically said same?
My apologies I did in fact misread your post

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #5,201 of 6,675
I had a chance to play with the DCT setting. Whoever said it sounds better with DCT off is right. I definitely like it better with DCT set to OFF.

Thanks to whoever recommended it :)

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #5,202 of 6,675
I had a chance to play with the DCT setting. Whoever said it sounds better with DCT off is right. I definitely like it better with DCT set to OFF.

Thanks to whoever recommended it :)
Yeah I forget who said it but I think I was the first to agree with him haha

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #5,203 of 6,675
Just got this little bugger last week. Software and app support is top notch. im treble sensitive and its definitely smoothed out the hd58x's treble for me (less piercing/vocals are less harsh). its pretty almost perfect except that im getting around ~350ms audio lag when using youtube/vlc (I can fix it manually on vlc). I still get the same lag even if my buffer length is at 0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10. What is interesting to note though is that for the first minute or so there is no lag then after that the lag gradually increases over the next minute until its ~350ms behind the video.

also is there a case/sleeve for this? I'd surgically implant this thing into my chest like Tony stark if I could to protect it since I use it almost all day.

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #5,204 of 6,675
Aug 28, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #5,205 of 6,675
Just got this little bugger last week. Software and app support is top notch. im treble sensitive and its definitely smoothed out the hd58x's treble for me (less piercing/vocals are less harsh). its pretty almost perfect except that im getting around ~350ms audio lag when using youtube/vlc (I can fix it manually on vlc). I still get the same lag even if my buffer length is at 0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10. What is interesting to note though is that for the first minute or so there is no lag then after that the lag gradually increases over the next minute until its ~350ms behind the video.

also is there a case/sleeve for this? I'd surgically implant this thing into my chest like Tony stark if I could to protect it since I use it almost all day.
What was your source for the 58x before this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back