Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550
May 16, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #616 of 651
Just got Sony ex800st, there r great and that is coming from someone who uses at-im02 and fidue a83.

The ex800 are very mid forward but retains the treble details n bass. This is especially so if they are deeply inserted in the ear. The details rivals the at-im02 when deep insertion is used. It is not as peaky as the fidue a83 but the bass is superb. Cannot wait till the drivers burn in. Will update later.

Cheers

Try putting a ex1000 cable on it, you will get a stronger bass.

May 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #618 of 651
Didn't buy the ex1000 cable but was wondering where I can get the sony headphone connectors so that I can make my own cable.

you can't get them, they are not easy to find.

May 29, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #619 of 651
I will c if I can ask my friend to get one for me from Taobao. As for the earphones, I love them more than my fidue a83. The bass is richer n tighter the mids are well balanced between the treble n bass. It is much more neutral than a&3 across all frequencies. The sounds have better separation n great for classical n well balanced for all music. JVC fx850 is better but coloured bass n a83 has more metallic treble. I will update once cable upgrade.

Cheers

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #621 of 651
Does anyone know where I can purchase the stock EX800/7550 cable? The only place I've found is from Japan and that method requires a shipping forwarding service which sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #622 of 651
Does anyone know where I can purchase the stock EX800/7550 cable? The only place I've found is from Japan and that method requires a shipping forwarding service which sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through.

direct from sony.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #623 of 651

direct from sony.

Within the US right? I'll give it a shot.

Did some googling and couldn't find any web page to order from besides Lunashops, and I doubt it's a genuine OEM cable. Do you know of a specific email to contact them about the cable? I did visit their 3 authorized parts dealers, but none of the three seem to have it in stock.

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #624 of 651
Just go to a Sony web site, at the bottom contact us, this will direct you to a link for parts and accessories, you will find all the details there, ask for parts for the EX7550, do not ask for EX800, according to Sony, items with different model numbers are consider different product, and the EX800 is for the Japanese market only.

If you want extra bass, you can consider getting the EX1000 cable, and the length is normal size, the EX7550 is longer, I think it's 1.6M long.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #625 of 651
Just go to a Sony web site, at the bottom contact us, this will direct you to a link for parts and accessories, you will find all the details there, ask for parts for the EX7550, do not ask for EX800, according to Sony, items with different model numbers are consider different product, and the EX800 is for the Japanese market only.

If you want extra bass, you can consider getting the EX1000 cable, and the length is normal size, the EX7550 is longer, I think it's 1.6M long.

Appreciate it! I already have the EX1000 cable and I'm actually looking for the stock cable for more treble. The EX1000 cable make the 7550 too smooth in the treble range where it may sound recessed or rolled off to me? It just lacks the sparkle is all I know.

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #626 of 651

Appreciate it! I already have the EX1000 cable and I'm actually looking for the stock cable for more treble. The EX1000 cable make the 7550 too smooth in the treble range where it may sound recessed or rolled off to me? It just lacks the sparkle is all I know.

I actually have two of the EX1000 cables, have them on my EX600 and EX800, But I prefer the original cable, not liking my music with too much bass.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #628 of 651
Greetings, I'm narrowing my choices for new iem and I would like to ask if the 7550 has any harsh piercing treble?
Thank you.

IMHO, I wouldn't call then piercing but they can sound bright, if you don't position them correctly and get a good seal. Unfortunately, they only come with three sizes of eartips so you don't get a lot of options. It also depends on what you're listening to and your source. Overall, the SQ and spectrum is pretty amazing, considering you just have one large dynamic driver. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #629 of 651
Greetings, I'm narrowing my choices for new iem and I would like to ask if the 7550 has any harsh piercing treble?
Thank you.

The 7550's were my daily driver for almost a year before I moved up to Senns IE800. One thing I would never accuse the 7550s of is being harsh or sibilant. In fact, when I compare them to the IE800, they almost sound a bit muffled or veiled. But, I'm sure that's just a trick of the mind, due to the IE800s hyper detailed and revealing treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back