Questyle QP2R
Jan 18, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #1,066 of 1,225
I am thinking about buying a QP2R ... now my questions are:
- are these clicks independent of file type and amount of sample rate?
- clicks occur when switching from AIFF 16/44100 to AIFF 24/96000 and back?
- are the clicks loud or almost not noticeable?
- every device produces these clicks?
- is there a workaround to avoid the clicks?
Thank you very much for sharing your experience!
The clicks happen with AIFF and WAV, which are the only formats I listen to, but I assume they happen with the other formats as well.
They only occur when switching sample rates, either up or down and yes, they're noticeable, but I wouldn't say they are particularly loud.
As far as I'm aware, they are a "feature" of the QP2R; an audible cue that what you're about to listen to is using a different sample rate than what you've just listened to.

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,067 of 1,225
an audible cue that what you're about to listen to is using a different sample rate than what you've just listened to.
Thanks for your reply! Well I don't listen to Albums, I mostly play tracks with different sample rates mixt in playlists. Therefore, I guess the often occurring clicks would disturb me.
Last question: what you describe about clicks happens with last firmware V. 1.0.4?
Thanks

Jan 19, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #1,068 of 1,225
What clicks do you guys keep talking about? Is this something I have to pay attention for? I have used this for critical listening to write reviews and think I would have heard "clicks".

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #1,069 of 1,225
What clicks do you guys keep talking about?
One or two guys here on the forum noticed clicks between sample range changes (post 1056, 1066). That's why I asked questions about this issue (post 1065), because I am interested in buying a QP2R.
You don't notice a click between sample rate changes with your QP2R device? Could you please make a test with e. g. AIFF 16/44100 to AIFF 24/96000 forth and back and report here? Would be nice, thanks.

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #1,070 of 1,225
Thanks for your reply! Well I don't listen to Albums, I mostly play tracks with different sample rates mixt in playlists. Therefore, I guess the often occurring clicks would disturb me.
Last question: what you describe about clicks happens with last firmware V. 1.0.4?
Thanks
I've just been listening to a selection of aif format tracks in 16/44.1, 24/88.2 & 24/96 sample rates and yes, it happens with firmware v.1.0.4. I'm wondering whether "click" is the right word to describe it. It's actually two, short duration tones in quick succession. It's not a metallic sound, like maybe the word "click" would imply, but rather a dull sound. I don't find it particularly intrusive, but I can imagine that if it was happening more frequently during a listening session, then it might start to bug me. Of course, if you're listening to the QP2R without IEMatch, you've got the ever present noise floor to distract you as well ...

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #1,072 of 1,225
Does the QP2R allow album shuffle? This is a feature I miss from the Gen 5.5 iPod. I always listen to entire albums and like to be surprised by the Shuffle > Album mode.

No

Feb 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,076 of 1,225
While I love my Kann Cube, the QP2R through it's balanced output is a beast. It drives everything I throw at it. SQ wise it has a slight warm tone, but I think it is more balanced than warm. The stage is wide and it really doesn't offer much more to the music than was intended in the recording. I love the QP2R. It has been quite a while since I have heard Fiio. I would have to shake my notions from the past, when I first got hot into this hobby, as them being a budget player.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #1,078 of 1,225
Does anyone know who to contact to get in fixed? Mine’s having issues, have emailed info@questyleaudio a few times to no avail. Any help appreciated.

I asked moon audio a year ago for the contact and they gave me this:
i

Please contact Bruce Ball at Questyle North America directly. His e-mail is bruce.ball@questyleaudio.com.

But i don’t know if this is still up to date. Please share how it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back