Questyle QP2R
Sep 6, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,217 of 1,225
Store QP1/2R face down.

Thought I would share this. I bought a 2nd hand QP2R which had a frozen scroll wheel. It was so tight that even 2 fingers could not easily move it.
I added a DIY silicon ring, and it became workable, with some effort. Only worth using for changing settings, etc. Otherwise it was easier to use the touch controls.
I got the QP2R for a lower price because of the frozen scroll wheel, so I cannot complain, but it made me look for some way to lubricate the scroll wheel. In the end, it would have required a disassembly of the DAP, so I put the thought away.
I had put it away on a plexiglass rack, face down (top end angled higher than the bottom end) for a couple of weeks, following advice on this forum, to prevent dust from getting into the scroll wheel, and making it tight.

So I took it out today to test 2 DDHiFi (DJ44B/DJ44C) adapters I had just received.

Consider my total surprise to try the scroll wheel and find that it was working normally! Easy to turn with my DIY silicon ring!

I am guessing that storing it face down allows the factory lubrication to flow to the bearings, and lubricate them, while using/storing it face up may be draining the lubricant away from the bearings.

So a simple habit of storing the DAP face down, can help to keep the scroll wheel working normally!

EDIT: Putting it face down, and on High Gain/Bias and using the balanced 2.5 mm output warms up the player, and may help to redistribute the oil.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,218 of 1,225
Store QP1/2R face down.

Thought I would share this. I bought a 2nd hand QP2R which had a frozen scroll wheel. It was so tight that even 2 fingers could not easily move it.
I added a DIY silicon ring, and it became workable, with some effort. Only worth using for changing settings, etc. Otherwise it was easier to use the touch controls.
I got the QP2R for a lower price because of the frozen scroll wheel, so I cannot complain, but it made me look for some way to lubricate the scroll wheel. In the end, it would have required a disassembly of the DAP, so I put the thought away.
I had put it away on a plexiglass rack, face down (top end angled higher than the bottom end) for a couple of weeks, following advice on this forum, to prevent dust from getting into the scroll wheel, and making it tight.

So I took it out today to test 2 DDHiFi (DJ44B/DJ44C) adapters I had just received.

Consider my total surprise to try the scroll wheel and find that it was working normally! Easy to turn with my DIY silicon ring!

I am guessing that storing it face down allows the factory lubrication to flow to the bearings, and lubricate them, while using/storing it face up may be draining the lubricant away from the bearings.

So a simple habit of storing the DAP face down, can help to keep the scroll wheel working normally!

EDIT: Putting it face down, and on High Gain/Bias and using the balanced 2.5 mm output warms up the player, and may help to redistribute the oil.
Wow that's one very unique & logical advice for anyone having trouble with wheel ..

Oct 4, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #1,219 of 1,225
I have a rather particular question to ask you... I own both the QP2R and the M15 but I can't understand which of the two has more powerful amplification and by how much compared to the other. Thank you.

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #1,222 of 1,225
Has anyone ever been able to connect a lightning port iPhone to their QP2R in DAC mode?

I’m getting a message on my iPhone saying saying unable to connect because the QP2R requires too much power. I’m guessing because the QP2R is trying to simultaneously charge from the iPhone. Please let me know if someone has got this to work? The cable are not an issue, the usb-c to lightning is certified and works with other dongles such as the Mojo 2.

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #1,225 of 1,225
I can't seem to fast forward or rewing a song on my QP2R. Is there a setting I should turn on/off? I tried to look but couldn't find the right one on settings.
I don't think that's possible. You can only step from track to track, using either the mechanical navigation buttons on the side, or the capacitive left/right buttons. You can fast forward, or fast rewind, by pressing and holding either of the capacitive buttons, but this operates from track to track, not within an individual track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back