Questyle QP2R
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #1,202 of 1,225
Is it possible to update the firmware without a micro SD-card? Also, what are the latest changes on the new firmware?
No you need to install the file on an SD card and insert it into the card slot. It will only install the firmware from there. I don't know what changes there is. I wasn't informed and I haven't noticed anything yet.

Mind you, one can simply add just the firmware file to an existing card (like adding a music file) and as long as it's not in a folder it will install upon following the update process.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #1,203 of 1,225
Anyone running QP2R in USB DAC mode? I’m getting the occasional stutter 10 mins into the connection. It sounds like it’s skipping or some sort of latency issue. I can unplug the usb-c and plug it back in and then I’m good for another 10 mins or so. Anyone experience this? It’s really annoying...

Also any clue as to why the DAC mode doesn’t sound as good as playing files natively off the device?

Mar 3, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #1,204 of 1,225
For the record, here are the updates in Firmware 1.05:
  1. Updates Korean language functionality
  2. Solves issue of unit sometimes restarting when switching from PCM -> DSD audio file formats using digital audio outputs (through 3.5mm optical output or QLINK coaxial output)
  3. General stability improvements.

@Kozwoz The engineers are still looking into this issue, thanks for your patience here. If anybody else has any clues as why this might be happening, please do share.

@Zowie1 What 06S2k07Si said is correct... you need a micro SD card in order to update the QP2R firmware.

Zach

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
May 9, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #1,205 of 1,225
Years later now, I must say that the QP2R remains a dap of the highest level, with the new arrivals (Aroma Jewel) reaching very high peaks. When it came out it had a very high price for the time, now with current prices it has the cost of a mid-tier dap but with outstanding sonic performance. Kudos to Questyle, also for keeping it up to date after all these years...unlike many other brands.

May 12, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,206 of 1,225
@Polky74 Thank you for the nice words. We do our best. But that being said... we could always do better... our company has been on a hiring spree recently but everyone is still settling in, so give us some times, and hopefully Questyle will get even better soon. Fingers crossed!

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
May 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,208 of 1,225
@Polky74 Thank you for the nice words. We do our best. But that being said... we could always do better... our company has been on a hiring spree recently but everyone is still settling in, so give us some times, and hopefully Questyle will get even better soon. Fingers crossed!
Since you certainly have the skills, I expect from you a nice dap with R2R technology that can put your brand back at the peak of today's production perhaps with an affordable price. Sometimes you don't need to make the most expensive dap to sell... most of the time it just needs to sound better than the rest.
I think you know that very well, like when you made the QP2R which cost a third of the AK 380 and sounded better. Best wishes on the new hires and let's put these engineers right away to create new daps worthy of your brand!

May 15, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,209 of 1,225
@Kozwoz The lead engineer sat down with me today and we tried to replicate this issue in house, but unfortunately we weren't able to. We tested two QP2Rs we had in house playing off my MacBook M1 Max, and hooked them both up to an audio analyzer and we didn’t see any differences in the quality of the audio produced in DAC mode versus playing an internal file.

Can I ask specifically what computer you’re playing off of, and also what type of audio file, as well as the playback software you’re using? That would be quite helpful in diagnosing the issue. Any other details you could provide about your setup would also be very helpful.

I trust you’ve updated to the latest firmware from our website, correct?

Zach

May 30, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #1,211 of 1,225
Dare we hope maybe a QP3R being released this year?
For now I'm waiting for the M15 to arrive... I've been wanting to listen to the Questyle sound on a new device since QP2R and I will soon. I'm sure I'll be happy this time too. :wink:

May 30, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #1,212 of 1,225
For the record, here are the updates in Firmware 1.05:
  1. Updates Korean language functionality
  2. Solves issue of unit sometimes restarting when switching from PCM -> DSD audio file formats using digital audio outputs (through 3.5mm optical output or QLINK coaxial output)
  3. General stability improvements.

@Kozwoz The engineers are still looking into this issue, thanks for your patience here. If anybody else has any clues as why this might be happening, please do share.

@Zowie1 What 06S2k07Si said is correct... you need a micro SD card in order to update the QP2R firmware.

Zach
Was the battery percent accuracy ever fixed?
Is there a way to replace the battery by the end user?

Jul 30, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #1,213 of 1,225
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware 1.0.5 ?
I purchased a new QP2R this month & it's on 1.0.2 , should I update or just let it be .
I am from India & getting a QP2R was very difficult, I purchased one from usa & had a relative bring it for me in India..
I love the sound & built quality it has , breaking-in currently...

Any iem / headphones that pair particularly very well with this player ?

I have Sennheiser HD 650, Audioquest Night Hawk Carbon, Bowers Wilkins P7 & hifiman he400i, Etymotic ER2XR iem.
Thanks

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #1,214 of 1,225
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware 1.0.5 ?
I purchased a new QP2R this month & it's on 1.0.2 , should I update or just let it be .
I am from India & getting a QP2R was very difficult, I purchased one from usa & had a relative bring it for me in India..
I love the sound & built quality it has , breaking-in currently...

Any iem / headphones that pair particularly very well with this player ?

I have Sennheiser HD 650, Audioquest Night Hawk Carbon, Bowers Wilkins P7 & hifiman he400i, Etymotic ER2XR iem.
Thanks
I recently got a QP2R mid-June. It was on 1.0.4, and I upgraded to 1.0.5.
FW 1.0,5 is fine, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back