Questyle QP2R
Aug 12, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #1,036 of 1,225
If your struggling I'd be happy to help out on a repair. I might pick one of these up myself and see if I can fit a 4.4mm or a 3.5pro in it. I'd be looking to change the dac to an AK4493 and kemet ko cap upgrade at the same time, maybe opamps too.

Depending how much room the battery takes up their maybe room for a 3.5pro, 4.4mm might be pushing it.

_DSC1634.jpg 2018-06-questyle-qp2r-open-bottom.jpg QP2R-6.jpg Questyle-QP2R-Platine3.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #1,037 of 1,225
If you play a Focal Utopia on the QP2R, you won't lack for bass texture or depth--I've used the Utopia on the QP2R in a review

I've been using Utopias with a QP2R since January 2018 and it's great pairing that only got better when I switched to Balanced. I've had some intermittent issues with occasional one channel loss and the problem is not (for me) any more than an occasional minor irritation. Shame that A & K went 2.5mm TRRS for Balanced and I note that the latest Questyle is using 4.4mm TRRS as does my Cayin N8.

Aug 19, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,038 of 1,225
They had good support in the UK, but their distributor is clearly breaking up with them

Yes, this kills Questyle in the UK until another UK Distributor is found. At £499 for a QP2R (as sold at the July Canjam), a purchaser might take a view that the current lack of UK service is a risk they are prepared to take. Questyle should move quickly to provide interim coverage for UK customers.

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,039 of 1,225
A while ago, I emailed Questyle asking who was their new distributor, as I already had an email from SVC Distribution to say they were no longer representing Questyle. Questyle told me it was in fact still SVC and they would even be displaying their products at an upcoming show. I got straight back to SVC who said this was definitely not the case. They have left the door open for future talks, but nothing more and were selling all remaining stock on eBay under the name of Audioclear. So either Questyle doesn't know who their UK distributor is, or I was lied to.

AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk have been heavily discounting their last remaining QP2R's on their daily offers on an almost weekly basis. They have told me they will no longer be stocking any Questyle products when their current stock is exhausted.

Look at the Hifiheadphones.co.uk site. There are no Questyle products in stock and it's been like this for a year or so, with the exception of the last few QP2R's being sold some time ago. http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/questyle.html

I think Questyle are finished in the UK. Even if they find a new distributor, most of the dealers mentioned on SVC Distribution's website when they were still representing Questyle didn't, in fact, have any Questyle products listed. So who is a new distributor, if one is ever appointed, going to supply?

Here's a couple of quotes from an earlier post from the reviewer Glassmonkey, who has previously stated the QP2R was his reference DAP, so he is a Questyle fan.

1 - Your feelings on the brand are valid. You would never see this issue raised with iBasso or FiiO. I have a friend who has sent his DX100 to China to be fixed twice. Questyle should feel shame for their lack of customer service.

2 - With everything else, I agree, Questyle needs to step it up in a big way outside of the USA. They had good support in the UK, but their distributor is clearly breaking up with them--they are selling off all Questyle equipment, including their demo units. Basically, Questyle needs to hire a customer service firm and get their s*** together. Otherwise, they won't have any European market.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #1,041 of 1,225
Just to prove what I've said in my post above, I emailed both Hifiheadphones and AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk enquiring about a QP2R. These are the replies I received.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your email, sadly we are no longer selling Questyle items, I am sorry about this.

Thank you for choosing HiFiHeadphones, for any further help please don't hesitate to give us a call directly on 01903 768910,

With best regards,
Oscar (AKA the Headphone Guru)

Hi Darren,

While there is no current UK distributor for Questyle, in the event of a fault during the warranty period we would replace from our own stock if we still have one available, otherwise, issue a refund. We do only have two QP2R players available, however, these will be the last we stock.

Kind regards,

Colin
AMP3 Returns Department

I emailed Questyle a few days ago asking what their plans were for finding a new UK distributor, but needless to say, I haven't received a reply.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,042 of 1,225
I replied to HiFiHeadphones, asking why this was and got this reply. Says it all really.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your email, they are no longer distributed by SCV, so since that happened we haven't been able to get stock. Also, their players never did sell very well.

As always, for any further help please don't hesitate to give us a call directly on 01903 768910,

With best regards,
Oscar (AKA the Headphone Guru)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,043 of 1,225
Audio-Philia.co.uk. Another former Questyle dealer.

Hi Darren

We do no longer stock Questyle and regrettably, we do not have any spare units left, sorry about that.

Probably you would be better off with an Astell & Kern player.

Best Wishes

Carlo.

Audio-philia

95 Gilmore Place

Edinburgh, EH3 9NU

w: audio-philia.co.uk

e: info@audio-philia.co.uk

l: 0131 221 9753

m: 07518 151516

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,044 of 1,225
Darren, you do know what overkill is? I think the QP1R & QP2R customers know the score without our needing to read all these emails. I remain very happy with my QP2R with balanced mode being an appreciative step up. The cost of my N8 Brass Black is more than twice the RRP of my QP2R when I bought it at the 2017 Indulgence Show. I agree that's it a great shame that SVC is no longer distributing these excellent DAP's but it's nothing to celebrate as it leads to less choice for all of us. Who wants a total A & K monopoly, not me, thanks.

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #1,045 of 1,225
Just want people to know what they are getting themselves into if they do manage to find Questyle products for sale in the UK. Perhaps if Questyle hadn't lied to me saying SVC were still their distributor and were going to display their products at an upcoming show, I wouldn't be so vocal. Don't like liars.

I have no personal experience with A & K products but have heard from several online sources they aren't very good regarding customer support.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #1,046 of 1,225
Just want people to know what they are getting themselves into if they do manage to find Questyle products for sale in the UK. Perhaps if Questyle hadn't lied to me saying SVC were still their distributor and were going to display their products at an upcoming show, I wouldn't be so vocal. Don't like liars.

I have no personal experience with A & K products but have heard from several online sources they aren't very good regarding customer support.

This is a fair assessment ... I heard of several reviewers talking about who has their ish together concerning chi-fi brands... I'm finding that some have it together, some don't. That said, I heard it can be like this dealing with the Korean brands too... So it's a problem on many levels... And if we put in big $ for these daps and no way to fix them when things go wrong, then I understand going elsewhere where the service is solid. Daps can be fickle beasts and we have to be fickle too. Somebody has to take care of us too because where fueling their bottom line here.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #1,047 of 1,225
I'd love it if Questyle had of had the customer support and presence on here that iBasso and FiiO has, but I think it's late for them in the UK. I don't know about Europe or the rest of the world. All I know is I've sent them 7 emails and only received one reply and that was to say SVC were still their UK distributor. So six emails ignored and one lie.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #1,048 of 1,225
I'd love it if Questyle had of had the customer support and presence on here that iBasso and FiiO has, but I think it's late for them in the UK. I don't know about Europe or the rest of the world. All I know is I've sent them 7 emails and only received one reply and that was to say SVC were still their UK distributor. So six emails ignored and one lie.
Sometimes people in long distance relationships don't know the relationship is over. Questyle might not know, or might not have accepted that SCV really isn't in the relationship anymore. Questyle saying SCV doesn't necessarily mean they are liars. It could just mean they are clueless. It could even mean that they don't want to break up. Questyle sent SCV a QPM--t can be had in ebay.co.uk for £1499 or best offer. Nobody has QPM right now. I think that Questyle wants to continue the relationship, but that it is one sided.

Calling people liars when you don't have all the facts isn't a worthwhile errand.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #1,049 of 1,225
I've got an email from Questyle and multiple emails from SCV on their relationship status. SCV's take on their relationship is very different from Questyle's. Questyle said SCV would be displaying their products at an upcoming show, SCV said they had left the door open for future talks but nothing more and were selling off all their remaining stock, that was only comprised of ex-demo units.

The reason they aren't selling any new products on eBay or have anything from Questyle listed on their website ( https://www.scvdistribution.co.uk/brands) is that they are no longer Questyle's UK distributor and therefore can't get hold of new items. If you read the email from Hifiheadphones above, they state "they are no longer distributed by SCV, so since that happened we haven't been able to get stock. Also, their players never did sell very well". Pretty cut and dried, I'd say.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #1,050 of 1,225
I've got an email from Questyle and multiple emails from SCV on their relationship status. SCV's take on their relationship is very different from Questyle's. Questyle said SCV would be displaying their products at an upcoming show, SCV said they had left the door open for future talks but nothing more and were selling off all their remaining stock, that was only comprised of ex-demo units.

The reason they aren't selling any new products on eBay or have anything from Questyle listed on their website ( https://www.scvdistribution.co.uk/brands) is that they are no longer Questyle's UK distributor and therefore can't get hold of new items. If you read the email from Hifiheadphones above, they state "they are no longer distributed by SCV, so since that happened we haven't been able to get stock. Also, their players never did sell very well". Pretty cut and dried, I'd say.
We all heard you the first, second, third, etc. time. :deadhorse:

Functionally, SCV isn't stocking Questyle anymore. We don't know if they are still supporting existing customers, or what the status of their contract is. They may 'officially' and legally still be a distributor, but if they don't purchase stock they are not functionally a distributor. I'll ask Matt about legal status, I've known since Bristol about the no longer stocking Questyle, but their 'official' position with regards to status hasn't been publicly stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back