Questyle QP2R
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #871 of 1,225
I hope you enjoy it, I still use mine as my primary. Check the firmware when you get it, the latest is FW1.04.

Thanks, you saved me the time looking up the current firmware.

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #872 of 1,225
Received the QP2R today and it was already at the current firmware from the factory. Now to listen to it.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #873 of 1,225
Jun 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #875 of 1,225
I hope you enjoy it, I still use mine as my primary. Check the firmware when you get it, the latest is FW1.04.

I am still using the battery indicated corrected QP1R

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #877 of 1,225
My QP1R battery started having the documented problems and it is out of warranty.

I guess I am lucky. Once Bruce sent this to China for repair it came back functioning perfectly and I still get pretty much the same battery life I did when I got the unit 2 years ago. I also use a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 and a Sony NW - WM1A so it's not exclusively the QP1R.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #878 of 1,225
How does this dap compare to dx220 and n6ii in sound quality alone?

Jun 24, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #880 of 1,225
How does this dap compare to dx220 and n6ii in sound quality alone?

It's very different really (especially in the HIGH bias mode). While the DX200 and N6ii (although I only heard the N5iiS from Cayin) - the aforementioned ones are more linear and neutral. The QP2R is quite colored in my imo. in a VERY good way. It has a unique warm sound which is obvious from a Class A amp. This is fact and it's like plugging in a tube amp of sorts. This is my opinion though. I love the QP2R.

Sound quality is stellar but comparing the signature would be comparing apples to oranges!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #881 of 1,225
Hi all

I've just got a QP2r (as an upgrade from my QP1R, which I love, but wanted the balanced option and physical buttons etc).

I've only had a little play so far, but the 'hiss' with my items of choice, Shure SE846, is very pronounced using balanced and still noticeable using SE (there's even some hiss with my 535s). I knew about this potentially being an issue, but hoped for the best and thought I may not have such sensitive ears!!!

So I'm not sure what to do / which one to keep...(one has to go).

I understand that using the IFi Match may help, but didn't really want an additional link in the chain. Has anyone used one with the QP25 (balanced) and, if so, what were the results?

Many thanks

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #882 of 1,225
It's very different really (especially in the HIGH bias mode). While the DX200 and N6ii (although I only heard the N5iiS from Cayin) - the aforementioned ones are more linear and neutral. The QP2R is quite colored in my imo. in a VERY good way. It has a unique warm sound which is obvious from a Class A amp. This is fact and it's like plugging in a tube amp of sorts. This is my opinion though. I love the QP2R.

Sound quality is stellar but comparing the signature would be comparing apples to oranges!
The QP2R isn't warm, but some IEMs become warm. If these warmed up IEMs are paired with a UE Buffer Jack, iFi Ear Buddy or iEMatch, voila no longer warmed up. I think this effect is more common with multi-BA setups. Low BA drivers can have very low impedance.

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #883 of 1,225
Hi all

I've just got a QP2r (as an upgrade from my QP1R, which I love, but wanted the balanced option and physical buttons etc).

I've only had a little play so far, but the 'hiss' with my items of choice, Shure SE846, is very pronounced using balanced and still noticeable using SE (there's even some hiss with my 535s). I knew about this potentially being an issue, but hoped for the best and thought I may not have such sensitive ears!!!

So I'm not sure what to do / which one to keep...(one has to go).

I understand that using the IFi Match may help, but didn't really want an additional link in the chain. Has anyone used one with the QP25 (balanced) and, if so, what were the results?

Many thanks
You don't have to get rid of anything, if you want to solve the hiss problem you need a device like the Ultimate Ears Buffer Jack, iFi Ear Buddy or the iFi iEMatch. The iFi iEMatch is available in a 2.5mm balanced version, which is what I use.

Also, your SE846 probably doesn't need the balanced amp. I've got a QP2R review on my blog, so feel free to click in my signature.

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #884 of 1,225
You don't have to get rid of anything, if you want to solve the hiss problem you need a device like the Ultimate Ears Buffer Jack, iFi Ear Buddy or the iFi iEMatch. The iFi iEMatch is available in a 2.5mm balanced version, which is what I use.

Also, your SE846 probably doesn't need the balanced amp. I've got a QP2R review on my blog, so feel free to click in my signature.
The blog review was very useful. Thanks.
I've been pondering in getting a qp2r for a while. I think I might get one

Jul 8, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #885 of 1,225

Thanks very much, greatly appreciated. Is seen your reviews of both the 1 & 2 previously.

I'll try the ie match and see how I get on...

Unfortunately, I now drive to work and don't get the opportunity the listen whilst I work (new job sucks), so not sure when I'll get an extended listen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back