Q&A (questions and answers) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 005
May 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 68
I believe that was $300 on top of the price for the headphones themselves right?

May 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #20 of 68

Quote:
Maybe its just an easter egg...

In that case, I hope it's full of chocolate.

Again, still very much digging the episodes. Considering the Q&A format of this episode, I figure a question is appropriate: will you consider pitching Head-Fi TV to a webTV company (like Revision3) in the future? I figure it may provide additional revenue and awareness.

May 4, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #21 of 68
sorry for chiming in.
any word on another way other then youtube to disseminate episodes? I'm having problems in China. It's not very legal to go on youtube.

May 4, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #23 of 68

Quote:
sorry for chiming in.
any word on another way other then youtube to disseminate episodes? I'm having problems in China. It's not very legal to go on youtube.

Maybe i'm ignorant in suggesting this, but iTunes? Jude mentioned he would start streaming episodes through it soon, so maybe he can add older ones too. I'm sorry, I don't know what's Chinas view of iTunes and how easy it would be to access it, but I hope it works.

May 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #24 of 68
Your best work so far Jude, the camera loves you =)

I loved the idea of Head-Fi 101, it will be great for people trying to get info that isn't in the Wiki or just not explicit enough around posts. Really a good thing that shows this forum isn't dedicated to audio veterans.

I was just kind of amazed at seeing those Beats Pro in your desk, with the logo clearly facing the lense. They aren't exactly regarded as good and are probably knwon to be one the worst quality-price ratios ever, so I started wondering what got you to chose that particular line of headphones to be there.

May 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 68
You responded to my comment and yet you ignored my question.
confused.gif

Does the aftermarket ALO cable running from the iPod to the Solo's USB affect the sound quality vs the stock iPod to USB cable or not?

May 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #29 of 68

Quote:
Maybe i'm ignorant in suggesting this, but iTunes? Jude mentioned he would start streaming episodes through it soon, so maybe he can add older ones too. I'm sorry, I don't know what's Chinas view of iTunes and how easy it would be to access it, but I hope it works.

Itunes would work fine, as long as you have it set to the US. Anything like blogs don't work really well. Anything remotely related to Tibet or Taiwan gets censored (yea, even if Jude says "This product is made in Taiwan", it might get blocked.) but it's not that serious.

May 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #30 of 68

Quote:
A another awesome episode Guy's, keep up the good work and just keep em coming...

Thanks, Frankie K!  (And to everyone else who left nice comments!)

Quote:
A another awesome episode Guy's, keep up the good work and just keep em coming. Oh by the way You got a little toungue tied there Jude! 
beerchug.gif

Yeah, apparently I have great difficulty stringing three W's together in a row.
redface.gif

Quote:
...when will you do a reveiw on the Audeze LCD - 2 headphone?..

Though I can't yet say exactly when, I think it'll be quite soon.

Quote:
Oh boy, a question about the question episode....

You said there wasn't a competitor to the Algorythm Solo.  Would you consider the Fostex amp/dac combo (hp-p1), in the same family?  Or is it too soon to judge?

I hooked on Head-Fi TV, BTW...

Quote:
...Another portable DAC for ipod Fostex hp-p1? A bit on the pricey side and maybe not so portable in comparison but both definitely a huge leap in the right direction (fingers crossed for more apple certification).  

Quote:
I think the recent Fostex HP-P1 can be considered a competitor for the Algorithm Solo

Edit: Another congratulations, the Head-Fi TV production is expanding with each new episode.

You must have missed the annotation I added to the video at 5:20 of the video (in the bottom-right corner of the video).  I didn't realize the Fostex was actually available until just after we finished the video.

Quote:
So I guess I'll address the elephant in the room.  Are you planning a review of the Beats Pro?  
ph34r.gif

Yes, it'll be covered in a future episode (along with a few other headphones in that episode).

Quote:
You can't.  They were a special small batch ordered by Sennheiser, from Colorware...

Quote:
In the previous thread it was mentioned that Colorware will be willing to do this for individuals as well. I think the price is around $300, pretty normal for Colorware. Very cool but very pricey :wink:

Quote:
I believe that was $300 on top of the price for the headphones themselves right?

Quote:
Checking on their site, looks like the case. colouring alone normally costs about 2-300 dollars.

I'm sorry I haven't checked yet.  From what others are posting, it does seem like the white HD25 may not be readily available via Sennheiser and/or Colorware at this time.  If I find out anything different, I'll let you know.  Based on what I did see at Colorware (with other custom-colored products they offer), it appears that, if this is (or does become) available, that it might be rather expensive to have done.

I wish I had definitively better news on this, guys.  Again, if I find out anything else, I'll post it.  (And if anybody else finds out anything else first, please post it.)

Quote:
...Considering the Q&A format of this episode, I figure a question is appropriate: will you consider pitching Head-Fi TV to a webTV company (like Revision3) in the future? I figure it may provide additional revenue and awareness.

That's very nice of you to suggest this, Landis--thanks for the vote of confidence.  I think, though, that we're a long way from qualifying for Revision3.  I think the hosts--not to mention the production value--of their shows are well ahead of where we are right now.  We'll keep working to improve what we're doing, though.

Quote:
Does the aftermarket ALO cable running from the iPod to the Solo's USB affect the sound quality vs the stock iPod to USB cable or not?

loremipsum, I have so far only used the ALO cable, so I can't yet answer your question.  If I do a comparison, I'll let you know what I think.

Quote:
sorry for chiming in.

Quote:

Quote:
Itunes would work fine, as long as you have it set to the US. Anything like blogs don't work really well. Anything remotely related to Tibet or Taiwan gets censored (yea, even if Jude says "This product is made in Taiwan", it might get blocked.) but it's not that serious.

crayonhead, hopefully when we get these episodes on iTunes you'll be able to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back