Q&A (questions and answers) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 005
May 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

Episode 005 of Head-Fi TV was just uploaded.  This episode is a Q&A (question and answer) video, answering questions that have been asked about the four Head-Fi TV episodes that preceded this one.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Practical Devices XM6 portable headphone amp and USB DAC
  2. SHURE SRH-940 headphones
  3. Canon XL1 prosumer camcorder
  4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 camera
  5. HHB Flashmic digital recording microphone (distributed by Sennheiser USA)
  6. Sennheiser ew100ENG G3 KIT wireless headphone system

1. Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo battery-powered iPod/iPhone/iPad digital dock and DAC (digital-to-analog converter)
  2. HRT iStreamer iPod/iPhone/iPad digital dock and DAC
  3. Audeze LCD-2 planar magnetic headphones
  4. ALO Audio Universal Headphone Cable system for the Audeze LCD-2
  5. Moon Audio Silver Dragon headphone cable with adapter system for the Audeze LCD-2
  6. Sennheiser / adidas HD 25-1 II Originals headphones
  7. beyerdynamic DT 1350 headphones

Head-Fi TV Episode 005 produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org

May 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 68
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to tease? Get on that 940 review!

May 3, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 68
Quote:
What's the name of the song at the end??  me like...

I'm going to have to put this in the next Q&A, too. 
wink.gif

The music in the video (intro and outro) is by Twis7 (pronounced "twist"), and the track is called "Ghetto Bass," and can be found on the Bass Rinse EP.  Thank you to the Play Me Records record label for giving us permission to use it.  (Audeze's Alexander Rosson is one of the principals of the Play Me Records label, by the way.)

May 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 68
A another awesome episode Guy's, keep up the good work and just keep em coming. Oh by the way You got a little toungue tied there Jude! 
beerchug.gif

May 3, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 68
YAY! another another!

i really do love when i click on head fi and up its pops and theres jude with more info on headphones!

I didn,t think something like this would of happened but im glad it has, because your getting all of the questions your wanted answering really quicking, another great thing is how quickly and fluid jude,s talking is, theres no stops or waiting its just him chatting away for about 10 minutes.

oh and since we are on with questions i have one here myself, when will you do a reveiw on the Audeze LCD - 2 headphone?

Thanks again for another great episode, can,t wait for another one.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 68
Oh boy, a question about the question episode....

You said there wasn't a competitor to the Algorythm Solo.  Would you consider the Fostex amp/dac combo (hp-p1), in the same family?  Or is it too soon to judge?

I hooked on Head-Fi TV, BTW...

May 3, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 68
Episodes have been really exciting and i'm sure the sponsors (along with the rest of us) will be loving the ease and accessibility of great products with fast, concise reviews.

Good job Jude

P.s - Another portable DAC for ipod Fostex hp-p1? A bit on the pricey side and maybe not so portable in comparison but both definitely a huge leap in the right direction (fingers crossed for more apple certification).  

May 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 68
Quote:
So I guess I'll address the elephant in the room.  Are you planning a review of the Beats Pro?  
ph34r.gif

Maybe its just an easter egg...

May 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #12 of 68

Quote:
where can i buy the sennheiser hd 25-1 ii origonals in white and blue not b lack and blue

You can't.  They were a special small batch ordered by Sennheiser, from Colorware.  Jude is the only Head-Fier worthy, for now...

May 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 68
oh sweet! jude answered my question about the dt1350 being comparable to full-sizes. i had given up hope and thought that it had just gotten lost in the overwhelming responses to the previous episode 
smily_headphones1.gif

great episode, very informative.  i look forward to the upcoming episodes in the future, don't stop making these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back