PS1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #316 of 3,605

Quote:
I will have mine in 2 days.

I guess you can't wait? HEHE...

Quote:

Congrats,i only have about 10 hours on mine,did you notice a change in the sound so far?,by the way i love the chrome version,at that price,a little bling doesn't hurt.

I also love the chrome version, looks great! I Think it has been given a lot of unmotivated bashing (my opinions are worth more than everyone else's
evil_smiley.gif
)

There's been a lot of reports from PS-1000 owners that they need lots of time. I have also noticed differences after 500+ hours that I didn't notice when I first got them(compared to my old BOSE AE-1). Probably because after not listening to the BOSE for a long time and getting used to the PS-1000's exellent sound I could easily identify the things that they do so much better than the BOSE.

I'm not a big burn in beliver, I think it's more about getting used to sounds.
I actually still appreciate my PS-1000 more and more for every day, that's hardly because they changes after thousand's of hours.

Enjoy your new PS-1000
dt880smile.png

Cheers! LL

edit: spell

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #317 of 3,605
Not much yet, but definitely there and I think they need 100 hours at least before they start to really open up, but 300 will be even better.

Quote:

Congrats,i only have about 10 hours on mine,did you notice a change in the sound so far?,by the way i love the chrome version,at that price,a little bling doesn't hurt.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #318 of 3,605
Hello there,

As I already posted on the Grado fan club thread not going to re-write the entire post here.

Just saying that I recently became a huge PS1000 lover after having spent several years with a SR225 and a RS1.

I can't wait to receive a MAD Ear + amp to let it express what it has in the stomach. 
For now I'm already impressed with what it does powered by a RA-1...Such a detailed and irresistible sound ! 

However,  I happen to have a small problem on the headphones.
The right driver hardly stand where I adjust it. The metal thing that holds the driver slips through the plastic part (circled in red on the picture) and the driver just go down as soon as you move your head a little bit. 

There is simply not enough strength anymore in that black plastic part to hold the driver's weight. Sorry for my English, hope I am clear enough.

Anyone ever had this problem ? Should I try to break and re-stick the plastic part, as it is made of 2 parts stuck together ?

Thanks for your help ! :)

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #319 of 3,605
I personnaly wouldn't risk it,mine are holding up so far,when i don't use them,i always lay them flat on a shelf,that way,the weight of the cups is insignificant.

As for you're problem,you might want to e-mail Grado,they might have a solution for you. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #320 of 3,605
Jun 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #322 of 3,605
Quote:

these don’t look like it. it’s the yellow rubber band that makes it look more yellow. If you look at the very top of the PS1000, you can see the chrome silver.

Yeah, you're right, Since I saw them in headfi's recap of tokyo's headphones festival I see golden ps1000s everywhere
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #324 of 3,605
Quote:
Hello there,

As I already posted on the Grado fan club thread not going to re-write the entire post here.

Just saying that I recently became a huge PS1000 lover after having spent several years with a SR225 and a RS1.

I can't wait to receive a MAD Ear + amp to let it express what it has in the stomach. 
For now I'm already impressed with what it does powered by a RA-1...Such a detailed and irresistible sound ! 

The right driver hardly stand where I adjust it. The metal thing that holds the driver slips through the plastic part (circled in red on the picture) and the driver just go down as soon as you move your head a little bit. 

There is simply not enough strength anymore in that black plastic part to hold the driver's weight. Sorry for my English, hope I am clear enough.

Anyone ever had this problem ? Should I try to break and re-stick the plastic part, as it is made of 2 parts stuck together ?

Thanks for your help ! :)

Nice looking golden PS1000s. That said, the issue you mention is par for the course with Grados. As long as they stay on your head ok, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #325 of 3,605
Quote:
I forgot about this thread,i got my PS-1000 two weeks ago,they're #1724 and chromed,and they sound awesome.

I'm impressed with the PS500's I got a week ago - I think I'm about ready to order the PS1000's.  

I just hope the bass of the PS1000's is a little less prominent (in the overall balance) than that of the PS500's - particularly, the upper bass / lower mids.  

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #326 of 3,605
Quote:

I'm impressed with the PS500's I got a week ago - I think I'm about ready to order the PS1000's.  

I just hope the bass of the PS1000's is a little less prominent (in the overall balance) than that of the PS500's - particularly, the upper bass / lower mids.  

I wouldn't worry,the PS-1000,have a very well balanced sound from bass to treble,the mids sound natural and remind me of the RS1i's,and the treble is more extended and airy than the PS-500,as much as i like the 500,the 1000 are in my opinion,definately superior

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #327 of 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[quote cut by lovelylady]

[quote cut by lovelylady]

First you could try to bend the headband, making it clamping a little harder on your head, that way maybe the right cup doesn't fall as easily.
Second, return it and get it fixed by Grado, it's not going to get tighter by it self.

The design of the headband is really silly I think. Really love my PS-1000 besides that :)

Good luck.
LL

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #328 of 3,605
Yeah, thanks for your replies guys !

Grado offered me help and I will be able to receive a new headband (the whole system in fact).

Not sure if it is easy to replace, anyone has already done that ? 

Thanks again for your help and comments.

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #330 of 3,605
Hello people !
A quick update.

Grado accepted to send me a new headband.

To replace it, you just have to take off the little black encaps on the sliding rods and slide them into the new headband. And put some glue.

Thanks Grado :)

Waiting for my MAD Ear + now !

PS : I'm listening to my PS1000 straight from my Macbook Pro for 2 weeks. I must say the difference is huge compared to my previous RA-1 on a Naim CD player (to be expected of course).
I happen to discover all the drawbacks mentioned tons of time : slightly harsh highs, slightly boomy bass. 
I guess that simply means you HAVE to listen to the PS1000 on a good setup before posting your opinion :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back