PS1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,712 of 3,605
  Do you think a wooaudio amp would be good with the PS1000e? I read a thread where many people recommended the WA6SE with the PS1000.
It won't be portable though, And i'll need to get a seperate DAC.
By the way the PS1000e are amazing, But i find that sometimes it maybe has too much decay or something, That the sound is not "tight enough" maybe.
Maybe too thick? I don't know how to exactly define it. Let me know if you know what i mean.
Also is there a pretty portable tube amp out there? 
Thanks

I owned the 6-SE and preferred the WA6. I thought I would benefit from the power of SE, but was mistaken…the WA6 has plenty of power. The WA6 is fine with the PS1K…plus you have more tube rolling options than the SE and its less expensive and takes up less space. But these amps are portable…you seem to be all over the place going back and forth from portable/desktop…you need to know what your looking for first and foremost. Which one? 
size]

BTW (from what I've read) why would you not try the C-Moy for the price/performance ratio if your interested in portable use?

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,714 of 3,605
I have an opportunity to buy a concero HP now. What do you think i should do?
I am afraid it'll get sold, They are not very easy to find for sale, But on the other hand i think maybe i need some more research..

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,715 of 3,605
  I don't need it to be really portable, I'll just move it from a room to room from time to time. Will the WA6 be easy enough to move?

The WA6 weighs 13.5-lb's so you could move it from room to room, but I wouldn't say it would ideal for moving around.

I have an opportunity to buy a concero HP now. What do you think i should do?

If its portability your looking for, I guess so...like I said I've never heard the Concero.

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,720 of 3,605
  Thanks, But they're currently unavailable and they don't know when they'll beQuote:

Okay, Now before i buy the concero-Can someone else approve/dissaprove my purchase?
I didn't do a lot of research but i guess this is the best option i got, Right?

Oh, I had no idea you checked and they were out of stock.
I haven't heard anyone disagree with the Concero, and it was recommended from a knowledgable source, so now you just need to make a decision and hear it for your self to find out if you like it. Like everything (IMO) its a 50/50 when it comes to Audio when you can't demo what you're buying, but this comes with the territory, so I or no one can say its right…it depends if you like it or not, right?

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,724 of 3,605
I don't need it to be really portable, I'll just move it from a room

Okay-I purchased a Concero HP with a few months of warranty left for 490USD.
I can still cancel it! :) 
Let me know if i chose wisely!

Great price! My advice is for you to try it out. If you don't like it, you can easily sell it without taking a loss.

Like I said though, at this price and for such a small usb powered device, I doubt there's anything much better.

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,725 of 3,605
Thanks! It is indeed a great price. I was afraid to lose this deal and i realized i will probably take no loss.
 That's why it is so nice buying used gear, And why the for sale forum here is so great-You have the opportunity to try out gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back