Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #166 of 446

Here's a better image for you all. I think they look pretty amazing the more you look at them and the Denim rocks. The Urbanite is available very imminently in the UK and XL later this month according to Sennheiser.

Are Bose (QC25) and Sennheiser (Urbanite) trying to promote the use of denim in headphones construction? Maybe Solo3 will be made out of denim, who knows!

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #167 of 446
Actually, can anyone confirm whether the fabric on the headband is actually denim? (cotton)
The promotional documentation only states "fabric wrapped headband", and that "denim" is just one of the colours available.

I think the crowd has just assumed that "denim" was the fabric, and not the colour... am I right in thinking this?

As I would have assumed that Sennheiser would opt for a more rugged synthetic-based material.

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #168 of 446
Denim should just be the colour. i am waiting for Tyll's review as they are not in Singapore for me to review yet. Tyll already has them

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #169 of 446
  The red-blue-white version is absolutely horrific, but take a look at the "sand" model. Not so bad then.

But I suspect the comfort would be an issue. Does someone knows where the head padding is on this set?

it appears to have a suspension strap under the main headband

the white strap is separate from the brown strap

which would make them quite comfortable if they don't clamp a lot

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #171 of 446
I think this headphone is a clever move from Sennheiser and i really welcome it,
Not only they look better than Beats they probably sound better and they take away customers from Dre Beats or apple or whatever.

I wish them all the best to succeed.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #172 of 446
  I think this headphone is a clever move from Sennheiser and i really welcome it,
Not only they look better than Beats they probably sound better and they take away customers from Dre Beats or apple or whatever.

I wish them all the best to succeed.

Given what certain members have said about the Solo2's sound, I'm not sure if I'd rate the chances of them sounding better than Dre Beats as anything better than a "maybe", But I agree about them looking better! Denim, here I come!

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #173 of 446
Given what certain members have said about the Solo2's sound, I'm not sure if I'd rate the chances of them sounding better than Dre Beats as anything better than a "maybe", But I agree about them looking better! Denim, here I come!
... Better? These look ugly. UE6000 swag4lif3

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #177 of 446
I don't get why you guys are hating. I think these look nice. And too tell you the truth the first thing that came to my mind when I was reading the article was Beats. But I think these look very nice.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #179 of 446
  I don't get why you guys are hating. I think these look nice. And too tell you the truth the first thing that came to my mind when I was reading the article was Beats. But I think these look very nice.

Which Beats are you referring to? Ho, I see, the one that has 2 earcups connected together by a headband. Now I see the resemblance 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back