post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
May 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #6,121 of 6,467

Quote:
Here are pics of my rig in its latest and final config.  For a source I use a Eastern Electric MiniMac CD Player, solid silver IC's, the ALO Amphora, and ATH-W1000s.  Music has never moved me so easily.  As I posted before, I had to sell off some gear to pay for school, my parents then came to my rescue and this allowed me to re-invest into my rig.  So heres the fruits of my labor.

Looks like a lovely set-up kboe -  enjoy your fruits!

May 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #6,122 of 6,467

Quote:
Got a pair of Magnepan MMG's coming in, just couldn't resist. Now I'll have to try to fit them in somewhere and hope they'll sound good in my room.

Canuck57, how do they work for you? They seem to be relatively close to the wall, something I probably can't get around either.
I'm planning to put them slightly more forward than my current GS10's, that'd be a little less than 1m.

They're about 16" (41 cm) from the wall behind, whereas optimal placement is 24"-36." As usual, most of us have to compromise with respect to speaker placement. However they still sound excellent where they are. Your room will be more of a challenge for placement, but I bet they'll still sound excellent. You may want to use them with a subwoofer to reinforce the bottom end.

May 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #6,125 of 6,467
When I went to university there were no computers and music came from one of these.....

May 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #6,126 of 6,467

Quote:
When I went to university there were no computers and music came from one of these.....

We used "punch cards" in the computer science (programming) course I took in 1st year university! In second year we were able to use monitors & keyboards!

May 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #6,127 of 6,467
Well, we had computers ... in clusters down at the main campus building. I had a Hitachi boom box ... hooked up with a Sony MegaBass Discman! I already had the best gear on the floor in my dorm ... the other guys were still using cassette tapes.

Quote:

May 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #6,129 of 6,467

Quote:
This is what we had when I was in school!!!

Ah, the Neolithic amp by Caveman Audio, I remember it well. It made for excellent rock music.........................

May 20, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #6,134 of 6,467

I think the slightly smaller-footprint cd-player makes the Amphora look big...it's not a big piece at all.  I had the same impression when I looked at kboe's picture, "Whoa, who blew up the Amphora?". 

Quote:
The amphora looks bigger than I expected

kboe, I like the pic you've got on the wall, any chance you have a digital copy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back