post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Feb 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #4,127 of 6,467
Sure guyx1992. My pleasure.

Won't be done for a while, think we are going to have to wait 8 weeks for the desk top
frown.gif

The gear probably won't be around for a few months either, if at all... Maybe when I get a part time job. Gear + maybe a new camera, and the rest of the wages that year will be going in the car fund!

Matt

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #4,128 of 6,467
Just finished moving, and upgraded to a 37" Sharp Aquos set.

3286550964_3af0364a9b_b.jpg

3286550714_84bc92193d_b.jpg

Bel Canto Dac3 > Ear HP4 > HD650 (HD800 on preorder)

I plan on adding a rack, sacd player and better power conditioner in the coming months. Oh and maybe even an amp for the OIIs,
o2smile.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #4,130 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! that Sharp monitor looks sweet.

Bugger the monitor (I have the 52"), I want that HP4!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #4,131 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! that Sharp monitor looks sweet. Very nice.

August and Everything After...a great release IMO.

Have to chime in here ...

August and Everything After ... is a masterwork of brooding indie/alt-country/folk musicality ...

I support your opinion, Sir Dane ...

wink.gif

"Anna Begins" is about the best love song I've ever heard ...

I listen to it daily ...

wink.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #4,132 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to chime in here ...

August and Everything After ... is a masterwork of brooding indie/alt-country/folk musicality ...

I support your opinion, Sir Dane ...

wink.gif

"Anna Begins" is about the best love song I've ever heard ...

I listen to it daily ...

wink.gif

Yeah, I can only guess I've listened to my CD 100+ times since I bought it very soon after its release in '93. I'm sure I know most of the words to the entire CD.

Anna Begins is a real gem.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #4,133 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished moving, and upgraded to a 37" Sharp Aquos set.

Bel Canto Dac3 > Ear HP4 > HD650 (HD800 on preorder)

I plan on adding a rack, sacd player and better power conditioner in the coming months. Oh and maybe even an amp for the OIIs,
o2smile.gif

Props for your taste in music. I love me some Cowboy Junkies. Do you have Lay It Down?

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #4,134 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Props for your taste in music. I love me some Cowboy Junkies. Do you have Lay It Down?

Not yet. Just Trinity Sessions & 2 versions of Whites Off Earth Now!!!.

I've been meaning to purchase the remainder of their catalog, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #4,137 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet. Just Trinity Sessions & 2 versions of Whites Off Earth Now!!!.

I've been meaning to purchase the remainder of their catalog, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

You absolutely need to get Lay It Down. It'll test the lower reaches of your headphones for sure...but the music is beautiful and the recording as much so.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #4,138 of 6,467
Here is my listening room. Sources are an old DENON CD player, an Onkyo Integra turntable, or an Apple Airport Express, streaming my digital collection. This all goes through my NAD C340 and then to either my Grado SR-80 or my vintage Bose 2.1 speakers.

This is my favorite thread on head-fi. I've lurked this thread for months! Thanks to everyone for sharing their systems.

musicroom1.jpg

musicroom2.jpg

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #4,140 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by emurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my listening room. Sources are an old DENON CD player, an Onkyo Integra turntable, or an Apple Airport Express, streaming my digital collection. This all goes through my NAD C340 and then to either my Grado SR-80 or my vintage Bose 2.1 speakers.

This is my favorite thread on head-fi. I've lurked this thread for months! Thanks to everyone for sharing their systems.

musicroom2.jpg

I think someone has been to Germany and gotten the obligatory custom license plate.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back