post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Feb 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #4,111 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pride and joy though is the new Zana Deux tube amp sitting on the console, that thing is just blowing me away.

You really don't need to say that, I'm sure I'm not the only one here green of envy.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #4,112 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks - it almost makes up being at sea with bad food and no sex.........

I could live with out one of the two for such great audio equipement, but both. I'll just stay with my rig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #4,113 of 6,467
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #4,114 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really nice!
o2smile.gif

Stax SR-007MK2 as part of work rig is quite impressive...

Indeed, im not sure id have all those books above them on such thin shelves. Im sure it is sturdy enough, but something in my gut just wouldn't let me do it.

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #4,115 of 6,467
Stuff bought today for my "listening area", if you can call it that. (I guess you can. Very little gear though! Just my portable rig, consisting of just two things, with a different source!)

Excuse the rambling. Just copied from the last thing you bought thread, so excuse the talk about paint, and under bed storage etc.
tongue.gif

I'm tempted to get an E-MU 0404, run my PC's optical to it, and my laptop's USB to it, then outputting to a little dot tube if funds permit, and maybe some better speakers (book shelves/old used monitors?) then a pair of open cans (bedroom use only. Livewires downstairs in lounge with E-MU, or a smaller DAC if i can afford one? Would buy just closed, but I like to game too. Not sure what to do yet. Some open cans are crap for gaming too...)

Just all the pretty new furniture and big desk is crying out for a DAC/amp and tube amp and nice headphone stand with matching wooden bookshelves!

57142_PE162763_S4.jpg

200cm desk top. Out of stock
frown.gif
8 weeks unless we find one elsewhere.

57137_PE162758_S4.jpg

x5, for the huge desk (when we finally get the top!)

71361_PE186747_S4.jpg

Bedside table. E-MU and little dot would shift over here every night with my laptop/Cowon D2, then back to the desk after school in the evening.

28194_PE075611_S4.jpg

x2. Going above desk. Books mainly. Thought the brackets were black to match everything else, but just a shadow. Silver. Oh well.

0085553_PE213337_S4.JPG

New bedside lamp. My current little spotlight one will go on my desk.

63903_PE171860_S4.jpg

Sub £2 clock for my desk. Got one for my bedside table already. - both digital. Hate the ticking of analogue at night!

69659_PE184857_S4.jpg

Most expensive thing bought. So comfy. More comfy than the 2.5x more expensive one! Was £96 or so. Saw this, which would be perfect for a listening area, but no room in my room, and was too low for the desk:
38296_PE130209_S4.jpg

--

45569_PE141707_S4.jpg

Cheap blanket. Hopefully will match bed linen. Will have to aim for a darker blue bed linen than the walls, should match this, and look great. If not, oh well, was only cheap.

74206_PE190951_S4.jpg

Tall narrow mirror with medium thickness + width dark frame.

23484_PE079435_S4.jpg

Coasters, as not to make rings on the untreated pine surfaces.

58185_PE163835_S4.jpg

For ties and belts in the cupboard.

+ 6 way surge protection strip for desk stuff + 3 way socket coupler (mine was pinched for another use).
----

All untreated pine. Lots of black accents on a light-ish blue. Going to POP! Will look great I think. Will post before and after pics once I have everything in a month or so if anyone is interested.
[size=xx-small]
Love the huge desk and chair. Will be great for a pair of book shelf speakers, E-MU 0404 fed by USB from laptop, and optical from PC, going to maybe a little dot or something if funds allow, and open cans (in quiet room, music and gaming, and Livewires still in the lounge with the E-MU or a cheap - smaller - amp/DAC maybe if funds permit), and eventually maybe closed cans too (for feeding with mainly just the 0404 alone in the lounge with laptop). Nice small easy to move to bedside rig too.

Just need paint (light but sort of vibrant blue), bed covers, wood floor, under bed storage vinyl covered boxes, roller blind, THE BLOODY DESK TOP (got the damn clock, coasters, chair and legs, but no desk top!) and this funky stuff to make the grain effect on my cupboard doors. All of the stuff pictured above was a few pence over £200 (excluding the desk top which we havent got yet, and including some other stuff for the rest of the house.) Pretty good considering the chair was £100 of that. So, £26 for the desk top. £100is for the floor. Giving us £100 or so for the blind, bed covers, under bed storage, wood grain paint kit, and paint for the walls.

Was going to get a big £50 print of Chicago with car light trails in colour for the wall opposite my desk (bed wall). Apart from the light trails (long exposure pic) the rest was in greyscale (dark, fits in well!) and add £20 to the budget of £30 my mum gave me for a print. Not so sure though. Thought the yellow and red light trails didnt match the light blue and black scheme too good, but the rest which was black and white did... Might go out and try to take a nice picture to my specifications for the colour scheme and get it blown up and printed. Would be nicer to use my own pic too...[/size]

Excuse the rambling, i'm just very excited about having a "new" room!

Matt

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #4,116 of 6,467
I could be misremembering because it's been a while, but I think people have had problems with the EMU 0404 and optical from their computer. To tell the truth, the main reason to get the EMU 0404 is if you want to record to your computer. It has a lot of functions you won't use if you're just going to use it as a DAC.

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #4,117 of 6,467
Hmmm. I was toying with the idea of picking up an electric guitar (les paul) sometime though
wink.gif

What other DAC's can handle USB, optical, and 3.5mm + RCA etc. that are in the same price range, used? I'm trying to do this cheap as possible so that when I come to buy, and have a higher income, it wont be as hard to justify if you see what I mean.

I want something that can make a nice setup so I don't have have to unplug and replug things too. Just switch input and output on the DAC. Clean. Simple.

I might use it to drive a pair of bookshelves, but I might get a Little Dot Tuuuuuube. Could an E-MU handle something like that? or ny other recommendations?

Matt

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #4,122 of 6,467
Here's Mine
biggrin.gif

I took these photos now, but the camera's date is incorrect.

Baines93 I hope to see photos of your new room
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4,123 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's up with your grados?
The pad on the left looks kind of odd.

Oh My! I was wondering why my ears seemed to be bothered more by the internal screen than before. It was turned around-on backwards. Good eyes, (bad Dave open eyes Dave!)
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back