post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
May 2, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #2,761 of 6,467
I should have a headamp GS-1 arriving very soon, so it will probably put the EMU 0404 on top.

http://www.image-load.eu/out.php/i42633_Picture003.jpg
http://www.image-load.eu/out.php/i42993_Picture001.jpg

I now have that wireless thingy on the glass stand, still get a crap signal
frown.gif

May 5, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #2,763 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new home setup for now:

nr4235smallaa4.jpg

Hi there!

Congrats with the Akai.
Does that amp give you a good sound on the Prolines?
Great, now all you need is a good CDP and some non mp3 music to sniff at the good hifi...
wink.gif

Veel plezier er mee!

May 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,764 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there!

Congrats with the Akai.
Does that amp give you a good sound on the Prolines?
Great, now all you need is a good CDP and some non mp3 music to sniff at the good hifi...
wink.gif

Veel plezier er mee!

Thanx! The amp first was part of the speaker setup but the input selector caused a lot of cracking noises so we replaced it and I now have a nice toy to play around with for my Prolines as there's one input I can use which, so far, hasn't caused me problems yet
biggrin.gif

The sound is very impressive. Vocals more in your face, bass is ridiculous! Deep, detailed and sound is more layered. It sounds massive compared to the Larocco. It is just a tad too warm for my taste, I miss the crispy flavour so I'll be saving up for a dedicated amp in the future, but this will keep me satisfied for the time being.
A CDP will be too much of a hassle as I mainly use it while working and am not really interested swithcing cd's every 60 minutes (yeah lazy, I know
biggrin.gif
)
I have to buy a new Macbook Pro in the near future so I can connect it to the amp via optical. That will solve the "Ipod problem". Most of my music collection on the Ipod is lossless and not mp3 anymore so that'll do
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #2,766 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by texashorn91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That AKAI is cool, you (I) don't see many name brand amps with DACs in them very often.

I don't think so either. It's just too bad I have to use the DAC in the ipod so don't know what it sounds like. Have to try to attach the cd-player to it later today; it has an optical out.

May 6, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #2,767 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanx! The amp first was part of the speaker setup but the input selector caused a lot of cracking noises so we replaced it and I now have a nice toy to play around with for my Prolines as there's one input I can use which, so far, hasn't caused me problems yet
biggrin.gif

The sound is very impressive. Vocals more in your face, bass is ridiculous! Deep, detailed and sound is more layered. It sounds massive compared to the Larocco. It is just a tad too warm for my taste, I miss the crispy flavour so I'll be saving up for a dedicated amp in the future, but this will keep me satisfied for the time being.
A CDP will be too much of a hassle as I mainly use it while working and am not really interested swithcing cd's every 60 minutes (yeah lazy, I know
biggrin.gif
)
I have to buy a new Macbook Pro in the near future so I can connect it to the amp via optical. That will solve the "Ipod problem". Most of my music collection on the Ipod is lossless and not mp3 anymore so that'll do
wink.gif

Ok, so you already use a losless format...
I still haven't tried to compare mp3 in diffrent bitrates to wav and flac etc. and am wondering up to wich bitrate the diffrence is audible for me...
But that aside, I still haven't used my MF Xcan much...
I'm still more of a "speaker kinda guy" I guess!
Take care!
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #2,770 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, "Das Keyboard" - nice and clicky!
wink.gif

Best keyboard I've ever used. In fact, I like it so much I have two; one at work, one at home. Plus at work they act as a natural deterrent for any coworkers to go fumbling about my computer if I'm gone; most of them are 'hunt & peck' typists
tongue.gif

May 6, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #2,771 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HP 2133 > Headamp Pico > PX100

How is that computer? I've been looking at it along with the new EEEs coming out soon. I love the exterior design of the HP, but I've read it has a battery life of less than three hours, which is baffling to me in something meant to be used very portably.

May 6, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #2,772 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated office rig. Still need to bring in hard drives and my Betta 22 later this week.

HP 2133 > Headamp Pico > PX100

Very nice. Can't wait to see the Beta22 and the hard drive
biggrin.gif
. I like the keyboard too.

May 6, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #2,773 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is that computer? I've been looking at it along with the new EEEs coming out soon. I love the exterior design of the HP, but I've read it has a battery life of less than three hours, which is baffling to me in something meant to be used very portably.

I got it yesterday, and the time I've spent with it at home was installing updates and programs. I actually haven't had it on without the wall charger, so I'm not sure. Mine came with a 6 cell battery instead of 3, so the battery life is supposed to be longer. I actually won't be affected by the battery life that much, since it will usually be at the office. When at home, it will be used by the TV, so 2 hours is probably longer than I'd be watching anyway.

That said, I am loving the computer so far. People whine about the CPU but it works fine.

I plan on getting a 3 cell battery as a second battery, because the 6 cell doesn't sit flush against the body of the computer, and the 3 cell battery does.

Aside from aesthetics, I chose this over the EEE because it has an actual hard drive (lol) and much better build quality.

It has a VIA 1.6GHz processor, 2GB ram and 100GB HD. Screen rez = 1280x768 and looks great
cool.gif

May 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #2,774 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, forget about the being too lazy for swithing cd's. I just connected my CDP via optical to the amp and OMG... as of now the Ipod officially sucks
biggrin.gif

It's like removing a curtain covering up the music. I mentioned the sound being a tad laid back for my tastes and missing a crispy flavour to it, well, that was all due to the Ipod. Everything is so clear now, absolutely awesome amp
eek.gif

Ow yes: new pic of the updated homerig:

nr4247smalloh2.jpg

May 6, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #2,775 of 6,467
I don't know if you have done this but try using the RCA out of the CDP into the analog in on the receiver. They probably have the same DAC built in, but you never know. I'm glad you enjoy your setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back