Apr 29, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #2,746 of 6,467
Here is my primary listening area:

Area.jpg

and my other:

Ohm2.jpg

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #2,747 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reorganized the room to allow for access to cupboards and windows, and for better storage. I also moved my overly noisy pc out of the cupboard where it was (to keep it quiet) and bought a new Antec Solo case to bring it down to acceptable volumes.

smily_headphones1.gif

Looks much tidier from a photo or two I remember
biggrin.gif
It's a great setup you have there!

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #2,749 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by silencewithin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is with the black cable on the SR-404? They used to be black?

edit: your setup looks great btw mate!
smily_headphones1.gif

edit again: Oh I see your sig/profile... modified SR-Lambda?? :/

It's the byproduct of a SR-Sigma Pro 404 conversion by me i.e. SR-404 housing with SR-Sigma driver making it a very good SR-Lambda.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #2,750 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the byproduct of a SR-Sigma Pro 404 conversion by me i.e. SR-404 housing with SR-Sigma driver making it a very good SR-Lambda.

Very interesting
biggrin.gif

The Sigma Pro were going for big money if I recall correctly and are very rare? So what made you choose a lamda housing and not a sigma housing?

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #2,751 of 6,467
PiccoloNamek, I like the Chinese and Japanese art you have on your walls. Cool stuff.

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #2,752 of 6,467
Quote:

Very interesting
biggrin.gif

The Sigma Pro were going for big money if I recall correctly and are very rare? So what made you choose a lamda housing and not a sigma housing?

The Sigma Pro's are pretty rare but can be found with a bit of patience. They go for around 800$ on the used market.

I don't quite understand the latter question but the plan was to create the ultimate SR-Sigma by doing a complete restoration and using the drivers and cable from a SR-404 I had that was never going to see use. Since the Sigma in question worked perfectly I just removed the drivers and fitted them to the SR-404 frame. The Lambdas and Sigmas use the same drivers or rather the SR-Lambda (normal bias) uses SR-Sigma drivers and the Lambda Signature uses Lambda Pro drivers.

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #2,753 of 6,467
Quote:

The Lambdas and Sigmas use the same drivers or rather the SR-Lambda (normal bias) uses SR-Sigma drivers and the Lambda Signature uses Lambda Pro drivers.

the Lambda Signature uses Sigma Pro drivers, no?

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #2,754 of 6,467
Quote:

The Sigma Pro's are pretty rare but can be found with a bit of patience. They go for around 800$ on the used market.

I don't quite understand the latter question but the plan was to create the ultimate SR-Sigma by doing a complete restoration and using the drivers and cable from a SR-404 I had that was never going to see use. Since the Sigma in question worked perfectly I just removed the drivers and fitted them to the SR-404 frame. The Lambdas and Sigmas use the same drivers or rather the SR-Lambda (normal bias) uses SR-Sigma drivers and the Lambda Signature uses Lambda Pro drivers.

Thanks for the explanation Spritzer. This ultimate Lambda Pro is very interesting. Nice work
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #2,755 of 6,467
Treadmill rig: MacBook Pro >> Grado SR325i >> me

(as you can see on the laptop screen, I'm reading this forum while listening to music)

image.php

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #2,756 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Lambda Signature uses Sigma Pro drivers, no?

Yup.
redface.gif

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation Spritzer. This ultimate Lambda Pro is very interesting. Nice work
smily_headphones1.gif

The best part is the sound which is quite a bit better then the Sigma Pro.

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #2,757 of 6,467
Quote:

Yup.
redface.gif

The best part is the sound which is quite a bit better then the Sigma Pro.

So Sigma with SR-404/303 drivers is that much better than Sigma pro? What are the main improvements? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #2,758 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Treadmill rig: MacBook Pro >> Grado SR325i >> me

(as you can see on the laptop screen, I'm reading this forum while listening to music)

image.php

Your basement looks a bit scary
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #2,759 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Sigma with SR-404/303 drivers is that much better than Sigma pro? What are the main improvements? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

More efficient and better control over all. More treble, better bass and even more projection of the soundstage. They are still Sigma's but closer to neutral.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #2,760 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my primary listening area:

Area.jpg

Nice!
Consider yourself special, since there are few normal bias SR-404's around.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back