More I say, MORE!!!

-Chris-
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #2,717 of 6,467
nicent3.jpg

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #2,718 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my humble setup in my new apartment; nothing fancy at all really, but it certainly gets the job done.

Sorry for the fuzzyness and the second one being so big.

What EQ are you using?

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #2,721 of 6,467
Duggeh, always nice to see your "modest" rig... I notice the surrounder is still around, glad to know it still exists.

shaizada, several things scare me about your rig.
1) It's sheer awesomeness. (This almost goes without saying, but it's nice to say it).
2) I can't work out how your B-52 is placed on the desk, is that black part a cradle of some sort? How does that sit in relation to the glass desk? I can't see, and it looks like it's floating.
3) The Macbook sitting precariously on the edge of the desk. Petrifying.
4) The valve monoblocks sitting right where your feet go under the desk, ready to get kicked. Also terrifying.

It sure seems like you like to live life on the edge...

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #2,722 of 6,467
Apr 23, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #2,724 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duggeh, always nice to see your "modest" rig... I notice the surrounder is still around, glad to know it still exists.

shaizada, several things scare me about your rig.
1) It's sheer awesomeness. (This almost goes without saying, but it's nice to say it).
2) I can't work out how your B-52 is placed on the desk, is that black part a cradle of some sort? How does that sit in relation to the glass desk? I can't see, and it looks like it's floating.
3) The Macbook sitting precariously on the edge of the desk. Petrifying.
4) The valve monoblocks sitting right where your feet go under the desk, ready to get kicked. Also terrifying.

It sure seems like you like to live life on the edge...

Some quick answers before I got to work:

1) Thanx....I love the sound and it blows me away everytime I sit down to listen.

2) The B52 is placed on a Star Sound Sistrum rack. It couples the amp section to the table for some vibration isolation. Same goes for the power supply which is hidden behind the screen on a 5 shelf rack.

3) Macbook pro is ontop of a targus cooling pad. Keeps away the vibrations form the notebook AND gives it an extra base (stable I might add) which goes beyond the tables edge.

4) My feet don't ever go under the desk because my listening position is further out from the desk. With the keyboard slide out, if I ever have to type, my feet are right at the edge of the full keyboard slide out. Its hard to explain, but I don't really get near the monoblocks as much as you would think.

5) There is absolutely no liquids or food brought in EVER into that room. So everything remains isolated
wink.gif

~G

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #2,725 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some quick answers before I got to work:

1) Thanx....I love the sound and it blows me away everytime I sit down to listen.

2) The B52 is placed on a Star Sound Sistrum rack. It couples the amp section to the table for some vibration isolation. Same goes for the power supply which is hidden behind the screen on a 5 shelf rack.

3) Macbook pro is ontop of a targus cooling pad. Keeps away the vibrations form the notebook AND gives it an extra base (stable I might add) which goes beyond the tables edge.

4) My feet don't ever go under the desk because my listening position is further out from the desk. With the keyboard slide out, if I ever have to type, my feet are right at the edge of the full keyboard slide out. Its hard to explain, but I don't really get near the monoblocks as much as you would think.

5) There is absolutely no liquids or food brought in EVER into that room. So everything remains isolated
wink.gif

~G

That calms me greatly. *sigh*.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #2,726 of 6,467
@ Duggeh,
What supertweeters are those..?
Ribbons..?
I've been planning to experiment a little with "super"tweeters my self, but haven't come around to do that yet...
How are they connected?

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #2,727 of 6,467
Duggeh what is the amp occupying the bottom shelf of your rack? It looks very spiffy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Duggeh,
What supertweeters are those..?
Ribbons..?
I've been planning to experiment a little with "super"tweeters my self, but haven't come around to do that yet...
How are they connected?

I've been thinking about trying the ones at AV123...AV123.com - ERT - Extended Response Tweeter - ETA TBD

They usually hook up with a jumper cable from your speaker terminals, but you could also buy a biwire pair of speaker wires.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #2,729 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been a while since I posted some fresh audio pr0n.

Cimg0633-1024.jpg

I love Donald Fagen! Paul (Bizzel) introduced me to him at the Scotland meet
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted this in other places, but might as well post here as well:

P1010034.JPG

Tube amps as hand/feet warmers?
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has a nice hair-drying effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duggeh what is the amp occupying the bottom shelf of your rack? It looks very spiffy!

Pass Aleph M! Runs hot 'n heavy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back