Post pics of your builds....
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #7,771 of 9,811
vixr, that's the glossiest heatsink I've ever seen! 

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #7,777 of 9,811
Finaly received replacement for lm317 as ccs in my amp - two heatsink mounted Caddock mp930 20ohm 30w non-inductive power film resistors in to220 package. No modification was needed, it fits perfectly. Awesome parts.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #7,778 of 9,811

Quote:
A freshly completed Dynaco ST-70 :)

The kit is from Bob Latino of Tubes4HiFi. I snuck in a few little upgrades too, including:

Teflon Tube Sockets and PCBs
Kimber TCSS wiring
Cardas RCAs / Binding Posts / Input wire
Kiwame / Takman Resistors
Mundorf Coupling Caps
Nichicon 100uF Electrolytics
Pilot light
Teflon solder strip for pentode / triode switch wiring
Heavy Duty On/Off Switch
Custom brass input and name labels
IEC Plug

The tube compliment is Sylvania JAN input tubes, Winged C output tubes and Sovtek rectifier.

One thing I realized during this build is that 16 gauge stainless steel is a b*tch difficult to work with :wink: Other that that, it was a fairly easy build and a nice recommendable kit. The sound is lush and very engaging 

amazing.  Ive got a Pas3 would love to have a ST70 accompany it one day.  Great looking work. 

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #7,781 of 9,811
HiGHFLYiN9 that amp looks awesome! Have you considered adding like a hexagon steel net over the exposed pcb (in the same colour as the enclosure or black). Don't get me wrong I do love your design it was just a thought.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #7,782 of 9,811
absolutely gorgeous!  almost has a steampunk look about it with some guts on display like that :)

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #7,784 of 9,811
Quote:
HiGHFLYiN9 that amp looks awesome! Have you considered adding like a hexagon steel net over the exposed pcb (in the same colour as the enclosure or black). Don't get me wrong I do love your design it was just a thought.

Thanks :) I have seen that look, Will Vincent, who restores Dynacos, does that.

I'm not sure that it adds or detracts from the almost trademark dynaco exposed PCB, that's why I hadn't pursued it, but it may be worth trying down the line :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back