Post pics of your builds....
Oct 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #7,321 of 9,811

Quote:
STUNNING work, as usual, Ferrari; simply stunning...

[size=x-small]Thanks! [/size][size=x-small]It’s still work in progress and I’m planning to tinker with this amp a bit this weekend but just realized that I’m in trouble…[/size]
[size=x-small]it sounds amazing good and I really can’t take the headphone off my head and start to work.
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Quote:
It's beautiful. I'd love to see some pics of the inside. 

[size=x-small]I have posted a couple of pics of the internal in the other thread.[/size]
[size=x-small]More pics of the internal will follow soon when I work on it.[/size]

[size=x-small]Here is an o[size=x-small]bligatory night shot while I'm listening to music.
smily_headphones1.gif
 [/size][/size]

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #7,323 of 9,811
Ferrari, those look like 832A tubes. Did you build the "Martian" circuit to use them? I came across a stash of NOS JAN 832As a couple years back - I've been planning to get around to building an amp that uses them.

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #7,324 of 9,811

Quote:
Ferrari, those look like 832A tubes. Did you build the "Martian" circuit to use them? I came across a stash of NOS JAN 832As a couple years back - I've been planning to get around to building an amp that uses them.

[size=x-small]Uncle Erik, I’m using GU32, the Russian equivalent of the Americans 832A.[/size]

[size=x-small]My build was inspired by the "Martian" but not using the same schematic completely.[/size]
[size=x-small]I borrowed the SE output stage from Maarten using 832A and modify the front-end to allow tubes rolling.[/size]
[size=x-small]My aim is to use CCS in the first stage and make it more flexible so that both octal- and noval tubes can be used (some from my parts bin like 6H30-DR, 6SN7 or D3a in triode mode…).[/size]

[size=x-small]Even far from completed, I’m very happy with how it turns out and, most important… the sound.[/size]
[size=x-small]Probably thanks to the CCS and the full PIO/MKP used in the Pi-filter of the HV power supply.[/size]

[size=x-small]The original "Martian" schematic works fine however (I have tried it too).[/size]
[size=x-small]With some relative cheap parts as used by Maarten, it produces very good sound.[/size]

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #7,325 of 9,811
Hi, I'm new here. My headamp is jfet mosfet in class A based on Richard Murdey's amp. (http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/showfile.php?file=murdey_prj.htm)

Current consumption for each channel is set to 333mA so it generates some heat.
smily_headphones1.gif
It is hum and noise free which is something I like the most on this amp. However, I have a minor problem with cracking volume when I turn it on.

schematics (updated with ground loop breaker; not present on my photos):

it all started here:

and first prototype
smily_headphones1.gif

final product:

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #7,329 of 9,811

Quote:
Ferrari, that is magnificent work.

Quote:
More, More, More Pics Please and maybe a little more description.

As always Ferrari, Great Work

Thanks gents! And sure... there will be more pics to follow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since this is a tinkering project, it will take some more time than a straight forward build.
I currently have to travel for work but when I'm back (in about 10 days), I will try to take some detailed pics of the internal and the completed amp.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #7,332 of 9,811
Oct 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #7,333 of 9,811
Quote:
Ferrari, you build those amplifier for yourself or you're selling them? As they are very beautiful. 

[size=x-small]If it was intended for sale, I never posted anything in this DIY forum.[/size]

[size=x-small]As a DIY-er, everything I do -from the first pencil sketch, selecting parts, prototyping, trials and errors to... putting the amp together- I do it my way…with love and passion. [/size]
[size=x-small]To be honest, I couldn’t do it any other way![/size]

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7,334 of 9,811
It would be a crime to sell something that beautiful.
This thread is a great inspiration.
I want to build something right now, just looking at this pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back